• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Traveling in 2023

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Last year I noticed that there was a travel boom. The prices of airlines seemed to have increased and even in my city I noticed that there were a lot more tourists. Do you think that you will travel anywhere in 2023? Maybe it's to the next state over or to another country?

I'll be traveling to the country of Georgia later thus month, then in the summer I'll be going to Switzerland.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Well... if everything goes right, I'd like to travel to attend an anime/videogame convention outside of my hometown. I've been wanting to do that for a long time, but the pandemic foiled those plans. I'm not making any firm plans for it though, lest I jinx it again.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I'm planning on visiting New York, New Jersey, Texas and Toronto. My first big trip since 2018, and a new country to add to my passport stamp collection.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm not a travely person, although I really like to see beautiful nature or new cities. I'm just comfortable and lazy, perhaps :3

2023 might be a good year to get some travel in though, we'll see what happens... Likely more spontaneous things than thoroughly planned though.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • We are aiming to travel to look at the places we are thinking of moving. Problem is we still haven't narrowed that down completely. I think most likely it will be in the Northeast (US), but IDK.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Making a point to go down to see my grandparents while they're in Texas for the winter! Even before covid hit, I'd been seeing them less and less through a combination of being an adult and not having time or money or being able to find transit out to where they live. And they're not getting younger, and I want to spend time with them more while I can, and it'll be nice to get out the cold for a week and a half. :) Managed to claim some plain tickets at what is apparently the lowest price they usually are and certainly the lowest I've ever paid!

Usually it's kinda hard to travel though. I don't have a car, the US's train system is dogshit, and expensive, and planes are. Eugh. I live in the most interesting city within an eight hour drive/train ride, too, so there's not many places that I see as worth the travel time.

Years
  • I'll be going to Slovakia twice this year. For a conference in March with my colleagues. And then to visit my friends in Bratislava.

I also want to go back to Lithuania, but I think I'll postpone it for 2024 or 2025.

And I'll be going on a honeymoon with my (now future) wife. Not sure where yet.

Years
  • Absolutely. Our Japan trip is already booked for early to late March and it's possible I'll go to the US around August too. Expensive as heck and I'm terrified of flying, but worth it to see more of the world for me usually. Just need to make sure to bring medication that helps me relax when on the plane. :')

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I just came back to Australia today after being in Europe for almost the past 3 weeks so I got to start 2023 off with some travelling :'D Had a nice time in Dublin, Glasgow (and the Scottish Highlands), Edinburgh, Brussels, Oxford and London. I had been to London before but the last time was over 8 years ago so it was an entirely new experience for me this time around and I enjoyed it a lot. Also got to spend 2 of those days in London with users Arcaneum and Inky so it was surreal but so much fun doing a PC meetup overseas, we had been talking about it for months prior but to finally be able to do so after having to originally move a lot of travel plans around, I am happy it worked out (and that none of us ended up throwing one another into a zoo exhibit)

I am not too sure if I will be doing any travelling for the rest of the year but I may be back in Europe soon at some point which would be exciting. I think the only downside of travelling was spending almost the entire day on plane flights to and from, those were not it........ I think though I'd also like to travel closer to home but I guess that's hard in Australia. I'd love to go back to the Gold Coast or revisit NZ at some point hopefully if I find a new job during the school year.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I'm not sure. I'll just have to see what happens. As for where I'll travel to, I'm not sure. I'll figure it out when I reach that point. I was never known to plan anything in advance. I live my life almost entirely on a whim. I'll just have to see what 2023 has in store for me!

Years
  • I've got some plans. I'm traveling to the west coast and will be in California in May. I'm also going to Florida in April to do Disney for a couple days. Might be going to Boston as well for a convention. I haven't traveled since 2020 so I am itching to get out there!

Years
  • I got 4 weeks of vacation in total this year and I intend to fully spend those lazing about =P
    I don't have any plans to go on vacation elsewhere, but maybe I'll go so somewhere locally, within my country for a week or so.

Years
  • I'm currently in the process of moving from Prague to the French countryside. It's been expensive and tiring so it shares some traits with travelling! Hopefully I'll be able to travel around a bit this year. Or at least save a lot of money to travel next year! It'll definitely be the end of the year if this year, so maybe just other parts in France for the winter. I've never been to the Alps, for example!

Back