• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Traveling Style?

Transportation in the games? (Public)

• Total voters

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
    I haven't used my bike since HG/SS due to the fact I love seeing my 'mon following me.

I usually run everywhere, but when I get into a patch of grass I walk. Running may not increase the encounter rate much, but I tend to get annoyed if I'm trying to go somewhere and keep having to battle level 10s. >_>

If it's really far away though, I do fly.

Ayselipera

I typically use the running shoes to run which I guess might fall under walking. I feel like the character is moving fast enough that I don't feel like it's taking forever to get across the screen while it's not moving so fast that I'm constantly crashing into things.

Next up would be biking which is just below how much I walk on the games. Although I try to keep it on the low gear because I hate crashing everywhere like I just said. :(

Then flying just because it's convenient and some towns/cities are a huge pain to get to with all grass routes and caves. Surfing is my next one which I always dread doing. I make sure to buy a ton of Max Repels before hand because of the amount of wild Pokemon encounters is ridiculous. Last is teleporting. I rarely have a Pokemon on me that knows the move and even when I do I end up replacing it with a different move in a short amount of time.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I usually fly whenever I can, even if it's just from one town to the next. (Cause some times you have to deal with HM obstacles and I can't be bothered getting a pokemon for that...even if the towns are right next to each other.

If it's very small distance I'll walk/run/bike (or if I know a route will be simple and quick to get through, e.g not like the route between Eruteak and Mahogany)

I don't usually surf with the intention of getting to a destination (unless it's somewhere like whirl islands) For example I'd always fly to Cianwood City.

I very very rarely Teleport/Dig, because usually I don't have a pokemon with me to transport me in those ways. If I'm going into a cave I might bring a digging pokemon with me.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    I always run around, unless I'm headed somewhere far away, then I'll use Fly.
    I like seeing my Pokemon following behind me, plus that running toggle in HG/SS is just so darn handy~ :3

The only time I use the Bike is when I'm forced to use it on Cycling Road or when I'm breeding/hatching things. I usually don't have a Pokemon that knows Teleport or Dig, so I don't really use those, but I do always keep someone with Surf and someone with Fly handy when I'm going through the game.

TehPsychicTypeMaster

"I See Greatness In You..."
    Years
    I usually fly everywhere that is far away from where I am. Usually I run around, especially if its just a short distance, my running shoes come in handy for this.

I usually never have a Pokemon with the moves Teleport/Dig, since I really see no use for them, if I could always run out of a cave, or any other sticky situation.

As for the the bike, its only when I hatch eggs that I use it, or when I MUST use it on Cycling Road, but sometimes, I do catch myself using it just to listen to the cool music.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
    I normally run places, occasionally using the bike for quickness (e.g. If I've got to go back to the pokemon centre). Then I use fly if I'm going back to other cities.

Ps. Surfing is one of my pet hates.. the amount of wild pokemon angers me!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Fly if I'm going from town to town. Running shoes if it's a place within the same town. If I have to travel through a route (can't Fly to my destination yet/breeding/EV training/Pokemon hunting) I'll hop on board the Bike.

I never use Teleport/Dig, as those moves are never on my party team. I'll sometimes use an Escape Rope in lieu of Dig. I don't Surf except when necessary... too many Tentacool...

Sixth generation better have "Full-size luxury sedan" as one of the travel methods...

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Running is superior to all. Then in descending order- biking, flying, surfing.
    I like getting on a bike. I don't really find too many dissimilarities between biking and running. Flying is meh; it doesn't even feel like traveling at all. Climb on, climb off. It would be pretty cool if Nintendo were to introduce a different type of flying feature.
    And I just hate surfing. :x

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I usually run when possible. But I bike when I'm doing something like Hatching eggs or spamming trainer Rematches in RSE on the route with the daycare. And I Fly when I'm spamming the news duo (also RSE) Or pretty much whenever I'm going somewhere that I've been before, especially if the Route has a lot of unavoidable Grass or a Cave, cuz I usually can't be bothered buying repels. Teleporting... usually never have that. Digging, if I happen to have a Pokemon with Dig, I'll use it. But why bother specifically teaching Dig to a Pokemon when you can just buy escape ropes with the same effect?

Back