• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Treecko, Torchic, or Mudkip?

Which starter will you pick in ORAS?

• Treecko

Votes: 124 43.2%
  • Torchic

Votes: 52 18.1%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 111 38.7%

• Total voters
Years
  • Treecko, Torchic, or Mudkip?

Which one will you choose in the upcoming remakes? Why? Will you use its Mega evolution? Will you use any of the starters, or box it after you catch another Pokemon?

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Started with treecko in the original Ruby, followed by mudkip in Emerald.

For nostalgia's sake (since this IS a Ruby/Sapphire remake) and I'm getting Omega Ruby first, it'll be treecko.

I will probably use its mega, but only when necessary. IMO, mega evolution makes the battle fairly easier.

Years
  • I plan on starting with Treecko when I get Omega Ruby. It was my first ever starter in Ruby (my first ever GBA game) and is the only starter I ever legitimately raised to level 100 in my gen. III games, so it holds a lot of nostalgia for me. I definitely plan on using its Mega; Mega Sceptile looks pretty badass and is pretty much what I hoped for it to be. It's definitely gonna stay on my team. I wouldn't take it out for any other Pokemon--even others with Megas I want to use.

In Alpha Sapphire, I plan on starting with Mudkip. I really love its and Swampert's design & shiny color palette, and I love Swampert's typing and bulk. I also have some good memories of Swampert; the one I have in Emerald has done pretty well in battle, including ones with the Frontier Brains. Like with Treecko, I plan on keeping it in my party; however, I will not be Mega Evolving it. I'm not a huge fan of Mega Swampert's design, plus I've been wanting to use Mega Manectric in-game, which I decided I'd use before Sceptile's and Swampert's Megas were announced. Not gonna wait to use it in another playthrough or in the next game(s).

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • I plan on starting with Treeko. It has the better mega evolution, in my eyes, and is my favorite Grass starter. It has Lightningrod, and will be quite helpful, with the game, before the Elite 4.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm surprised we let the starter thread die...it usually doesn't die this early.

Anyways I am planning to get Treecko. I do have nostalgia with the other two too, so it's kind of difficult to pick.

Years
  • Mudkip for me, given my tendency to choose the Water starter. And it ties into the fact I used it in the original Ruby/Sapphire, and its Mega looks pretty strong. Also, less weaknesses means it doesn't have to worry about as much as the other two starters.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    It depend on how Pokebank will work and if we can get the other megastones from a shop like the Gen 1 megastones from the stone shop old man NPC.

Years
  • I loved Blaziken to death but I used him so much in my old Gen 3 games and even in X. Plus we already know stuff about it's mega and stuff, so this time I'll go with Sceptile. I used to hate them for some reason but grass type pokemon are my favorite and Sceptile looks like a cool mother fu-

pokemon

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
    Years
  • Treecko used to be my favorite back in the days. But Mudkip's Mega evolution is just a little too cool. So, I don't really know yet. But I would say it's a 50/50 chance of either.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Really can't decide yet since I like to have type diversity and due to the fact that all three Hoenn starters are awesome. At first I was set for Treecko, but since seeing Mega Swampert I'm more lenient to choosing Mudkip now and also since I'm using Roserade which is a Grass type. Torchic was my first starter in sapphire too, so for originality purposes I might go with Torchic which is why I'm torn on this decision rn. ;;

Years
  • I'll most likely take Mudkip. It does decently in the beginning of the game, and although it's not ideal for the Elite Four it is pretty bulky. And should I do a blind Nuzlocke like i've said i'm considering, it might work well for that reason. Don't think i'd go with Treecko if only because of Wattson and Flannery )x

But if I keep a file for a normal playthrough, I think i'll pick Treecko then.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I'll be choosing Mudkip in most OR/AS games but likely I'll end up ditching the starter after a while - I'll try my best to keep the starter in the first run.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Mudkip. 2nd pick would be Torchic, because tbh I never even used Blaziken's mega evolution yet, lol. Last pick for me would be Treecko because type wise, it's still the weakest Pokemon.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • If not for the mega evolution I would pick Torchic, but since I already have used mega Blaziken I think it would be kinda boring. Plus Mega Swampert is extra swole

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
    Years
  • I'm picking Treecko because I already had a Shiny Torchic (With Speed Boost :D) and a Shiny Mudkip bred specifically for these games! Plus, Sceptile is my favourite Pokémon. (Charizard's a close second with Greninja taking the third place spot!)

Back