• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Trick or Treat!" "Get back to class!"

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Halloween is one of the best holidays in the year. Unfortunately, though, a lot of schools won't give you the day off if it occurs Monday-Friday. However, some schools are nice enough to let people dress up in costume (with reasonable exceptions) and whatnot. In fact, you might remember being read spooky stories and lining up for costume pictures when you were a tyke.

Anyways, let's get right to the point. Does you school celebrate Halloween in any way? How? And if it doesn't (or if you're past school and college and the like), do you ever remember celebrating Halloween at any of the schools you attended, and what it was like then?

butterbiscuit

Potential!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2013
    Nope, I don't think we ever have in any way.
    The closest thing is this "Harvest Carnival" where there's food and a couple of games to raise money, but that's a couple of weeks before Halloween anyway.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Nope, My school has never celebrated Halloween.
    I don't really want to either, Halloween is cool, and everything but I don't really like to celebrate it. I do like getting candy though :3

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Does you school celebrate Halloween in any way? How? And if it doesn't (or if you're past school and college and the like), do you ever remember celebrating Halloween at any of the schools you attended, and what it was like then?

In my Elementary school, but not in Jr. High or High School. It was fun, we would go to class to class asking for candy, partying all day
    sippin' on dat fruit punch
    eating candy, etc. XD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I don't think that my school celebrates Halloween because it occurs during the break that takes place at the end of October.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    The only thing my college celebrates is the end of finals week. When I was in elementary they let us were our costumes to school. Once we got to so grades like 6th through 8th grade I don't think they would let us were anything outside the regular school dress code. Then in 9th and 10th we could wear costumes, or at least were full costumes at certain times during the day. High school I don't think it matter people just did what they did. I wore a hat that day just cause it was acceptable, unlike regular days.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    No my school has never celebrated Halloween but normally our teacher tells us not to talk to strangers if we are going trick-or-treating and to be careful if we are going to parties. I think it is very nice and thoughtful of teachers to say these things.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    In grade school, I don't recall anything specific for Halloween after elementary school, though I do recall students dressing up and the school allowing it. In college there are Halloween parties, but they're put on by any number of on-campus clubs.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    Well, my school celebrates it as do most schools over here. We get a week off for it and stuff. n3n; Though if we didn't get a week off, I don't think my school would allow costumes and such, since that'd be a bit of a distraction for some. XDD;

Years
    My school lets us dress up for Halloween in our costumes, but there are many limitations, like not being allowed to wear masks.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    We're allowed. In fact, we're encouraged! This is my excuse to cosplay for a day in school and pretend to actually be said person I'm cosplaying as. (To a degree, for the humor.)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I remember during elementary we used to do tons of stuff for Halloween it was quite fun while it lasted, possibly the best thing every year in elementary school, chilling with friends and making crafts, chewing on candy and watching spooky movies was purely amazing for me, when I entered middle school that all came to an end, by the time I was in 8th grade I could no longer see myself dressing up and chewing on candy through out the whole night.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    We don't celebrate Halloween.

Because nobody cares about it on the Friday beforehand.

We celebrate the McGill-Murphy game annually, the biggest rivalry in Alabama. [/pride]

But seriously. Our school is too focused on that.

M o n s t e R

ma ma MONSTER!
    Years
    Unfortunately i have never celebrated halloween nor any school that i have went to celebrated it either. Although it would be fun to dress up in a scary outfit.

Back