• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tricks thread

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    Not quite, it's just all the apps of Control Panel basically:
    https://wingeek.com/articles/40507/windows-7-god-mode-mythbusting/

I hope it is okay to post this, but I tried the thing in the link on my computer, and I got the Explorer Crash-Restart thing, and nearly panicked. (Luckily, Google is my friend, so I was able to fix it.) But I want to say it here for people who come here and see this, be careful before you try it. I didn't know about the whole 64-bit vs. 32 bit thing, so I must have had the wrong type. I suppose I am probably an idiot for even trying it...XD

So yeah, this is just a warning. >__> Because panicking over a computer crashing repeatedly isn't fun. T__T

Years

I hope it is okay to post this, but I tried the thing in the link on my computer, and I got the Explorer Crash-Restart thing, and nearly panicked. (Luckily, Google is my friend, so I was able to fix it.) But I want to say it here for people who come here and see this, be careful before you try it. I didn't know about the whole 64-bit vs. 32 bit thing, so I must have had the wrong type. I suppose I am probably an idiot for even trying it...XD

So yeah, this is just a warning. >__> Because panicking over a computer crashing repeatedly isn't fun. T__T

If you have Vista:

Resuna in the comments on that page said:
    The "shell:::{}" link works in Vista, but do NOT create the "anything.{}" folder. It throws Explorer into an endless crash-and-restart loop.

The warning is right there in the comments. Creating the folder doesn't work in Vista. (b'-')b

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    If you have Vista:

The warning is right there in the comments. Creating the folder doesn't work in Vista. (b'-')b

I know, but when I looked through the comments, I missed it. -__- I saw it AFTER I messed up my computer. XD I just figured another warning couldn't hurt.

Actually, I managed it.

Code:
    GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
    Copy that exactly and it'll work. I never had any issues.

You probably have 32-bit, if what I read in the comments is correct...not that reading comments seems to help me. XD

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
    [assistance=What OS?]Windows only.[/assistance]

Here's something, OK, so open up notepad, type
    Code:
    do 

Set oWMP = CreateObject("WMPlayer.OCX.7" ) 
    Set colCDROMs = oWMP.cdromCollection 

if colCDROMs.Count >= 1 then 
    For i = 0 to colCDROMs.Count - 1 
    colCDROMs.Item(i).Eject 
    Next ' cdrom 
    End If 

loop
    Click Save, in format click "all files", and type in whatever.vbs

Save it.

Open it.

Watch your CD drive constantly open and close.

If you want to close it cause you're bored of it now go to Task Manager, Processes, now find wscript.exe and terminate process tree.

Enjoy!
    :shocked:

I got a malware detection from that! What happened?!

CrazyMrHans

Drunk and slightly Irish
    Years
    Aliasing "sudo apt-get install" as icanhas in Unix is always fun.

This isn't so much a trick as a piece of useful software, but f.lux will change the color balance on your monitor throughout the day to make it easier on your eyes at night, I haven't had sore eyes since I installed it 3 years ago. :)

Back