• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

tried to make a ghost eeveelution, opinions?

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2015
    I tried spriting a ghost eevee that I designed. it's called spectreon.

**edit** updated sprite!

I don't think it looks entirely right ;u; body-wise it's based off a sphynx cat. the tags are those ghost cleansing tag thingies, which spirits have absorbed into, making this eeveelution a sort of medium. (and the eyes on the back of them are the spirits.)
    I considered placing more eyes all over spectreon's body but couldn't get it to look right.

Last edited:

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    These sprites look pretty good and creative, but it's hard to tell whether we're looking at Spectreon from the side or whether it only has one eye, because its nose isn't visible. Also, non-shiny Spectreon looks too dark. Use Arbok's palate, maybe?

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2015
    These sprites look pretty good and creative, but it's hard to tell whether we're looking at Spectreon from the side or whether it only has one eye, because its nose isn't visible. Also, non-shiny Spectreon looks too dark. Use Arbok's palate, maybe?

it used to be darker but then I thought that made it look too similar to umbreon. I think I'll make it lighter.
    I think I'll edit both eyes in just to make the face clear.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    That thing is ****ing creepy, great job! I will say, though, I looks like something I would see in the Shaman King game, not pokemon.
    I love how you have down the wrinkles on his skin, give him this great dried out, mummified feeling. Really great sprite!

Years
  • I think you should make them look more mischievous, that's the nature of ghost type Pokemon. Otherwise this looks very good.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I like what you have going here; the idea is inspired and well planned. Your pixels skills are there and you even managed to add some really awesome details like the texture of its skin. Unfortunately your execution is a little off. Consider other Eevee evolution sprites and their sizes. They're so small in comparison. I think you should scale down your sprite, work on repositioning it, and make any appropriate changes to its design to reflect it.

It's such a good idea though, so I can't wait to see what you do with it! :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2015
    thanks for all the comments!! I added an updated version into the OP. fairy, I checked its size next to umbreon and the body itself was okay but the head was massive in comparison which was the problem I think lolol. (it's a habit with how I draw heads unfortunately.) so I made it smaller.
    skin is now lighter, and I think the expression looks better! wooo.

Years
  • Oh, now the new sprite looks much better. It has that mischievous look as it should have, it's kind of that creepy-mischievous, very good.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I love the idea, but the tags on its ears make it hard to see. The backsprite is a bit easier on my eyes. This would look awesome in a 3D model for X/Y though lol. Maybe make the tags a bit duller coloured so they don't stick out so much?

Years
  • So, I really loved your sprite, and I made some adjustments of what I would do with it. It's very difficult to pull off so many elements within a small canvas, but I think it's a great take on an actual sphinx cat, wrinkles and all! The scrolls are also an excellent touch. I think adding a bit of movement to the scrolls and easing up on the wrinkle lines can help make your great idea come through.

Dazel

prince of mind
    Years
  • I think this is a great idea; my only nitpick would be the ghost ( ? ) behind it. I'm not sure what it is, but it doesn't seem to fit quite right with the eeveelution themes. Flareon doesn't have any fire on it; Vaporeon isn't made of water; and so on. The eeveelutions are notoriously simple, and for some reason, alien appendages/entities just don't seem to fit.

Well, that's my two cents, anyway.

Years
  • I think this is a great idea; my only nitpick would be the ghost ( ? ) behind it. I'm not sure what it is, but it doesn't seem to fit quite right with the eeveelution themes. Flareon doesn't have any fire on it; Vaporeon isn't made of water; and so on. The eeveelutions are notoriously simple, and for some reason, alien appendages/entities just don't seem to fit.

Well, that's my two cents, anyway.

Leafeon has leaves on it :p

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2015
    So, I really loved your sprite, and I made some adjustments of what I would do with it. It's very difficult to pull off so many elements within a small canvas, but I think it's a great take on an actual sphinx cat, wrinkles and all! The scrolls are also an excellent touch. I think adding a bit of movement to the scrolls and easing up on the wrinkle lines can help make your great idea come through.

the scrolls look a lot better! but the extended ghost makes the sprite too big unfortunately (I think), and I dunno why you changed the eyes or the tail. (eyes are no longer glowy. :CC)
    I also personally think the old wrinkles looked a little better since they stand out more and the stark shading emphasizes spectreon's skinny body. shrug.

also in response to dazel, I dunno, the ghosts came from the idea of spectreon being a medium. I didn't know any other way to get the point across that the spirits were inhabiting the spell-tags. that's something you could easily show in a 3d attack but not a fr/lg sprite. unless the backsprite's eyes get that across well enough..

Last edited:
    Years
  • the scrolls look a lot better! but the extended ghost makes the sprite too big unfortunately (I think), and I dunno why you changed the eyes or the tail. (eyes are no longer glowy. :CC)
    I also personally think the old wrinkles looked a little better since they stand out more and the stark shading emphasizes spectreon's skinny body. shrug.

also in response to dazel, I dunno, the ghosts came from the idea of spectreon being a medium. I didn't know any other way to get the point across that the spirits were inhabiting the spell-tags. that's something you could easily show in a 3d attack but not a fr/lg sprite. unless the backsprite's eyes get that across well enough..

Oh, that was just me going crazy and having fun with the ghost part! haha

I just wanted to make an anubis ghost, but it is 64 x 64. The other things I changed were also just cause I wanted to play around with it, not necessary or improvements of any sort.

Though I personally think those lovely wrinkles are a bit harsh/cluttered if too dark.

Back