• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Triospecies Challenge - 3rd Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Nice update WKnite.
    Which reminds me, I'm going for a Fire Red challenge using one type: which is I'm still thinking about.
    I also updated the rules and changed the THIRD rule. Be sure to read it.

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
    Count me in! I will take pokemon no one else has and use:
    Mawile, Swalot, and Masquerain
    But its going to take a while to catch a surskit...
    Well actually, this seems a bit easy, so...
    what should i do?
    center-less run?
    any ideas for challenges?
    Well, w/e i already started. caught a surskit surprisingly fast, after the first 6 tries or so...
    Team:
    surskit lv 4

Last edited:

Sora247_2009

Will Sprite for food!!
    Years
    Well, I finally managed to beat brock after 2 hours of training and 3 attempts. The 2 hours of training eventually led to a total of 4 evolutions:
    Weedle > Kakuna > Beedrill
    Caterpie > Metapod > Butterfree

Butterfree's confusion was the move that won me the gym battle. After beating Brock, I skipped as many trainers as possible on the way to Mt. Moon, and once there, caught a Paras. Backtracked back to Pewter City, beating all the trainers I had previously skipped with Paras by spamming scratch. Also taught Paras Bullet Seed, but with all the flying and bug types around, it hasnt been of much use.

Current Team:
    Butterfree lv15
    Naive
    Confusion
    Tackle
    PoisonPowder
    SleepPowder

Beedrill lv13
    Adamant (1st time!!)
    Poison Sting
    Harden
    String Shot
    Fury Attack

Paras lv15
    Docile
    Scratch
    Bullet Seed
    PoisonPowder
    Stun Spore

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
    Since the pokemons I wanted were to be female, I spent a little 'while' trying to capture my first pokemon. Nevertheless: here's my update so far:

- Started my file and named myself Andrew. Named my Rival Zachary.
    - Started with Charmander and defeated Zachary at Oak's Lab (it was pretty easy).
    - Travelled to Viridian City while fleeing every wild pokemon I could find. Obtained Oak's Parcel.
    - Went back to Pallet and delivered the parcel to Oak. Obtained Pokédex and 5 poké balls.
    - Travelled to Viridian City (again) and obtained the Teachy TV.
    - Travelled to Viridian Forest.
    - After wandering around for ages, managed to find a female Pikachu 3rd attempt. Named it Meghan
    - Went back to Viridian City and went to the PokéCenter to ditch Charmander in the PC.
    - Went to Route 1 to train Meghan to level 7.
    - Went to Route 22 and fought Zachary. Beat him easily and Meghan grew to level 8.
    - Travelled back to Viridian Forest and captured a Weedle.
    - Left Viridian Forest and captured a Pidgey (which'll be my HM Slave).
    - Went back to Route 22 and caught a Rattata & Mankey.
    - Went to a PokéCenter and ditched: Pidgey, Weedle, Mankey, Rattata.
    - Travelled once again back to Viridian Forest and beat all the trainers there. Meghan grew to level 11.
    - Arrived at Pewter City and took on the Gym Challange.
    - The first trainer I fought gave me hassle (as his Geodude kept using Defense Curl putting up it's defence). Managed to defeat that and beat his Sandshrew no problem. Meghan grew to level 12.
    - Fought against Brock and lost against him.

Well, that's my current update for now. If only it didn't take me nearly an hour to find a female Pikachu, I'd have arrived at the second gym already. Either way, I'm going to need to train some more before I can even think of beating Brock :(.

Current Team:

Meghan (Pikachu).
    Level: 12.
    Nature: Serious (natures don't bother me).
    Moves:
    * Thundershock
    * Tail Whip.
    * Quick Attack
    * Thunderwave

I knew I shouldn't have gotten rid of growl ¬_¬' I'll also update again later :)

Years
    I finally managed to beat the Elite 4 now.
    I had already beaten Lorelei and Bruno before my last update, and then I got stuck against Agatha. Well, with some luck and thanks to the fact that Victreebel outspeeded Misdreavus, i finally managed to beat her now.
    I didn't expect to beat Lance, so I didn't save, but I did beat him, Primeape swept half of his team (but died more than once in that process) The rest got worn down by Victreebel's Sludge Bomb while asleep.
    Then it was rival time. I expected him to still lead with Pidgeot, but I was wrong. But it didn't matter, the Heracross he sent out against my Primeape got OHKOd anyway. The same happened to Tyranitar, which was next. (why does he sent Tar and not Alakazam against a fast fighting type? lol...)
    Next was Arcanine, it took an EQ because of intimidate and KOd Primeape and Victreebel which I accidentally sent out instead of Hypno, but somehow Primeape beat it after getting revived. Then came Alakazam, which now knew Shadow Ball. But since it's Attack stat is pathetic, Hypno CMed up (so the rest will be easier) and beat it. This would not have been necessary, Gyarados KOd it with a Hyper Beam shortly after, just to get Rock Slided to death while recharging. Last one was venusaur, it killed Primeape which I accidentally left in with Sludge Bomb, but got killed by Hypno after 2 Psychics without doing any serious damage.
    Triospecies Challenge - 3rd Generation

Final Team:

Sucked against the first Elite 4 round, but crucial in the second one. I should have spend the time to get an Adamant one, the more attack would really have helped.

MVP, definetely. Sleep Powder saved me so many times, it's not even funny. OK, the rest wasn't really good (I didn't even manage to get rid of Secret Power), but still the MVP.

It got a lot worse towards the end, but still a good Pokemon. Too bad the only thing that got boosted by CM was Psychic... But there were no other options, the HP was Bug and its power was horrible. And Thief isn't better as well.

Last edited:

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
    Well, here's another update done recently:

- Trained Meghan in Viridian Forest till she reached level 15. Taught her 'Double Team' over T-Wave.
    - Went back to Pewter City and challanged Brock.
    - Defeated Brock after the 2nd attempt. While he wasn't as hard like last time, I had to keep spamming 'Double Team' so that Geodude couldn't hit me. After a long haul, I beat his Onix no bother. Obtained Boulder Badge & aquired the tm Rock Tomb.
    - Got Running Shoes from the Aide.
    - Travelled to Route 3 and beat all the trainers there. Meghan grew to level 18.
    - Got to Route 4 and entered the PokéCenter. Bought the Magikarp and ditched it in the PC.
    - Went to Mt. Moon and obtained the TM 'Bullet Seed'. Also aquired a Escape Rope.
    - Fought some trainers (that were in my way) and Meghan grew to level 19.
    - Caught a Zubat & Paras.
    - Nearly got defeated of a Rocket Grunt (but had a Revive in hand). Nearly wasted all my Poke Balls before I made Zubat use one attack (did hardly any damage). Sandshrew finished it off before I got Meghan to defeat it.
    - Found a Clefairy (female) and captured it. Nicknamed it 'Emily'.
    - Used the Escape rope and entered the Pokecenter to ditch Zubat & Paras.
    - Entered Mt. Moon a 2nd time and fought more trainers. Emily grew to level 13 whereas Meghan grew to level 20.
    - Fought against the Super Nerd to get a Fossil. Took the Helix Fossil.
    - Fainted before I entered the Cerulean PokéCenter (I was poisoned but i didn't get the antidote because i thought i could get healed before i died).
    - Went through Mt. Moon a third time and got out of it (avoided trainers and wild battles).
    - Arrived at Cerulean City and healed my pokes. Also bought 3 Super Potions.
    - Went north and fought Zachary once again. Wasn't too difficult other than if it weren't for the Super Potions I bought, Pidgeotto would have obliterated Meghan with Quick Attack (as it left me with 25hp due to Critical hit). Managed to defeat that annoyed with 3hp left and beat my Rival's other poké with relevant ease. Emily grew to level 14 whereas Meghan grew to level 21. Obtained Fame Checker.
    - Defeated Nugget Bridge and obtained a Nugget as my prize. Emily was the only one who grew a level here which was level 17.
    - Caught a Female Oddish. Nicknamed it 'Petal'.
    - picked up the TM 'Attract'.
    - Beat all the trainers on my way to Bill. Meghan grew to level 22. Emily grew to level 18. Petal grew to level 17.
    - Obtained the S.S Anne from Bill and got: Eevee, Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon added to my Pokédex.

That's all for now. I'll update once again later :)

Edit: Just forgot to add my current team as well. Knew I was forgetting something :(.

Current Team:

Meghan (Pikachu).
    Nature: Serious
    Level: 22.
    Moves:
    * Thundershock
    * Slam
    * Tail Whip
    * Double Team

Emily (Clefairy).
    Nature: Modest
    Level: 18
    Moves:
    * Pound
    * Growl
    * Double Slap
    * Sing

Petal (Oddish).
    Nature: Quiet
    Level: 17
    Moves:
    * Absorb
    * Sweet Scent
    * Poison powder.

syphilis

lul spread the love.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    i guess i'll try this again to kill some time before christmas.

sign me up for ruby: linoone, hariyama, volbeat :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    Sign me up!
    Team:
    Swampert, Aggron and Breloom
    HM Slaves:
    Tailow and Zigzagoon, 6th slot will be whatever

Sora247_2009

Will Sprite for food!!
    Years
    Mmkay, after about another hour of training, my team was lv 18, so I went to challenge the Nugget Bridge. Beedrill managed to beat all of my rival's pokemon, up until it lost a psuedo stall war with his Bulbasaur (Sleep powder + Leech seed FML). Butterfree cleaned up with Confusion in the end. Completeley destroyed nugget bridge, and beat Misty using Paras' Bullet Seed for Staryu, and Beedrill's newly learned Twinneedle for Starmie. After this, I went and beat the S.S Anne with Paras, who evolved into Parasect (FINALLY!!!!!). However, since Paras had already evolved, I decided to beat my rival single handedly with Beedrill for the EXP. This time, i managed to beat all of his pokemon, thanks to a combo of Twinneedle and Beedrill's new toy, Brick Break.

Im now getting ready to take on Lt.Surge with Parasect, because of his resistance to Electricity, and his Dig.

Current Team:
    Parasect lv24
    Docile
    Dig
    Scratch (Soon to be Slash, then Double Edge)
    Leech Life (Soon to be Spore)
    Bullet Seed

Butterfree lv24
    Naive
    Confusion (Soon to be Psybeam, then Psychic)
    Tackle (Soon to be Gust, then Silver Wind)
    Poisonpowder
    Sleep Powder

Beedrill lv24
    Adamant
    Twinneedle
    Brick Break
    Focus Enegy (Soon to be Aerial Ace)
    Secret Power

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    Haven't gone through hoenn at all this year so I'll use my sapphire. I'll take for ever because I also just re-started my fire red today and am going through that using just 1 pokemon.

Hmm...
    I'll use a Wingull
    a Torchic
    And Aggron

I'll be evolving them and I shouldn't need any HM slaves. Should be fun but I probably won't start until tomorrow

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Haven't gone through hoenn at all this year so I'll use my sapphire. I'll take for ever because I also just re-started my fire red today and am going through that using just 1 pokemon.

Hmm...
    I'll use a Wingull
    a Torchic
    And Aggron

I'll be evolving them and I shouldn't need any HM slaves. Should be fun but I probably won't start until tomorrow

First Sapphire user, I suppose. XD
    I'll add everyone in.

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
    Just so that I don't forget all that's been happening lately, I'm going to post my update now (before I fight the Third Gym Leader).

- Took on the Cerulean Gym Challange.
    - Defeated all the Trainers in Misty's Gym Using Petal. She grew to level 18 and learned the move 'Sleep Powder'. Got rid of the move 'Sweet Scent'.
    - Took on Misty. She wasn't as difficult as Brock, but her Staryu had a fetish for making Petal Confused in 1 attempt with Water Pulse. Luckily for me, Petal hardly hurt herself in her confusion and managed to take down Staryu with 3 Absorb's. But Petal got hit with Confusion Twice. When she used Starmie, I switched to Meghan and managed to get it's health down to yellow till two Water Pulse's finished Meghan off. Brought out Petal (who had some damage to her) and made her do Absorb. Took around 2 Swift's to finish off Petal (but managed to Bring down Starmie to red health). Finally, brought out Emily and Starmie's Water Pulse left Emily with half health before finishing off Starmie with Pound. Emily grew to level 19. Obtained the Cascade Badge and the TM 'Water Pulse'.
    - Took on the Rocket Grunt to obtain the TM 'Dig'.
    - Taught Meghan 'Dig' and got rid of the move 'Slam'.
    - Headed towards Route 6 (after underground path) and defeated all the trainers. Petal grew to level 19. Emily grew to level 21 (learned Minimize and forgot Double-slap). Meghan grew to level 23.
    - Arrived in Vermillion City.
    - Obtained the VS. Seeker.
    - Listened to the President of the Pokéfan club and got a bike Voucher.
    - Obtained the Old Rod from a Fisherman.
    - Caught Diglett in Diglett's Cave.
    - Left Diglett's Cave after Petal fainted.
    - Bought 5 Super Potions & 15 Parlyz Heal's at the Poké Mart (hey, best be prepared no?).
    - Ditched Diglett in the PC at the PokéCenter.
    - After many stops at the PokéCenter, and after some training at Diglett's Cave, Petal grew to level 21. it tried to evolve... but I pressed 'B' to stop it from happening. Also - Emily grew to level 22.

I'd have kept playing, but my brother's SP battery went on Red so I saved my file and turned it off. Here's my team so far:

Meghan (Pikachu).
    Level: 23
    Nature: Serious
    Moves:
    * Thundershock
    * Dig
    * Tail Whip
    * Double Team

Emily (Clefairy).
    Level: 22
    Nature: Modest
    Moves:
    * Pound
    * Growl
    * Minimize
    * Sing

Petal (Oddish).
    Level: 21
    Nature: Quiet
    Moves:
    * Absorb
    * Sleep Powder
    * Poison Powder
    * Stun Spore

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    Update:
    Got my mudkip(with docile nature)
    Made my way to petalburg and did the lame things
    Caught a zigzagoon for 1 of my 3 HM slaves
    Caught a wingull as well for the other
    Went to petalburg forest and spent some time hunting for a shroomish with a decent nature
    Ended up with docile because i didnt care too much about defense
    Made my way to rustboro

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
    On second thoughts, can you take me down from the challange?

My hands are already full up so I don't have a lot of time to update stuff. Ever so sorry :(

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
    I named my player Emerald,Chose Torchic, and beat May. After I got the Pokedex,I captured a Lotad easily,and leveled them up. I reached Petalburg City,and helped Wally. Traveled to Rustboro City and beat the Gym. Lotad evolved to Lombre and is now Level 17. Torchic is now level 15
    Saved right before that tunnel that the Team Aqua Member is in.

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
    Ok i have been gone for so long. i sorta forgot about it. But now im back.
    My Team-
    Shadow/Nuzleaf-Lv.21
    Nature Power
    Bullet Seed
    Growth
    Fake Out

Aggy/Aron-Lv. 16
    Headbutt
    Harden
    Mud-Slap
    Metal Claw

Spark/Electrike-Lv.13
    @Exp. Share
    Tackle
    Howl
    Leer
    Thunder Wave

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Alright, Time for my first update

From Beginning to Rustboro: -
    -Began the game
    -Picked the female sprite - named Megan
    -Picked Torchic (F) as my starter - Nicknamed Annie - Naive Nature
    -Fought Brendan on Route 103, and won.
    -Got Pokéballs and Pokédex at Birches' Lab.
    -Headed out on Route 102, and dealt with the trainers there
    -Went through the "Pokémon Catching Tutorial"
    -Headed out onto Route 104, and caught Taillow (F) - Nicknamed Slick
    -Did some grinding on Route 102 - Also caught a Ralts(F) with a Timid nature, Which I will reserve til' I have enough pokes to pal park.
    -Beat all the trainers on Route 104 south
    -Headed through Petalburg Woods, Taking on all the trainers, and the Aqua grunt.
    -Beat all the trainers on Route 104 north, excluding the Magikarp guy.
    -Beat the Gym Trainers in Roxanne's Gym
    -Grinded Annie to Lv16, where she evolved.
    -Fought Roxanne, and won.

Team:

:t256:
    Annie - Combusken (F) - Naive Natured
    lv17
    - Scratch
    - Peck
    - Double Kick
    - Ember

:t276:
    Slick - Taillow (F) - Lax Natured
    lv13
    - Peck
    - Wing Attack
    - Quick Attack
    - Focus Energy

Notes: Tried to beat Roxanne without evolving - I was going to attempt to get Flamethrower.
    I guess my Sunny Day set that I had planned will work just as well with Blaze Kick.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Apollo's LeafGreen Journey
    -------------------------------
    Challenge Team:

Badges:
    n/a

• Started new file on Pokemon LeafGreen
    • Chose male character, named self Chronic
    • Named rival Witness
    • Withdrew Potion from PC
    • Chose Squirtle, nicknamed Escape
    • Defeated Witness' Bulbasaur
    • Received Potion from Mart Employee on Route 1
    • Received Oak's Parcel
    • Trekked back to Pallet Town
    • Delivered the Parcel, received Town Map and PokeDex
    • Caught a male Rattata, level 3, nicknamed Wormtail
    • Trained Wormtail to level 5, boxed Escape
    • Saved for the time being
    -------------------------------

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Zeffy's Entry

Game: FireRed
    Team:
    ~
    ~

As you can notice, these Pokemon are UU according to Smogon. :D
    I'm using UU Pokemon! Will edit for updates.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    -Beat the first gym leader handily and mudkip and shroomish both at level 16~
    -Beat team aqua grunt and got the thing back for the devon person
    -Headed to dewford and barely beat brawley
    -Mudkip evolved into a marhstomp before the gym fight :D
    -Headed to the cave and proceeded to hunt for an aron
    -got tired of nature hunting and stuck with an aron with bad natures
    -Leveled everyone up to 18ish
    -headed to mauville beating may along the way
    -Beat wattson easily with marshtomps mud shot
    -Evolved shroomish finally before the fight
    Team as Followed
    23 Breloom
    21 Marshtomp
    21 Aron

Sorry i havent been updating, Gonna play the new kingdom hearts game i got =)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back