• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Triple Battles vs Rotation Battles

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Triple battles, purely because competitivly rotatio battles are a mess. Most of a normal battle is based of luck, opponents first pokemon, criticals, misses, unexpecte stat rises, switching ect, but in rotation battles you cant even have a real stratergy, which takes near to none stratergy to win

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Haven't really battled often in Triple and Rotation Battles, though I prefer Triple battles since they are essentially an extension to Double Battles. It's challenging to concentrate on the opponent's three Pokemon at once. A lot happens in each turn with six Pokemon using a move each.

Years
    I thought that the rotation system was clunky and horrible. The trip battle system is much nicer and smoother.

Sometimes less is more.​

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I think I prefer triple battles more just because I have White and they feature more prominently in it. xD

Besides, rotations seem to be very similar to normal battles, just with switching being a free actions. Triple battles just, I dunno, seem more unusual and therefore more entertaining.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    I dont really like either one of them. Double battles were even a stretch. But thats just my opinion.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    I am not really a big fan of either, but I like triples the better out of the two. Rotation is just plain weird if you think about it, anime-wise.

Eric The Simipour

The modest and naive Simipour.
    Years
    Ah, well I actually like Rotation battle quite a lot. Makes things unpredictable some times, but for me it's really fun to think out all the possibilities and strategize what the next move will be, especially for my battle style when I play with those rules.

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
    I really don't like either. Rotation battles are confusing, and Triple Battle are just too complex and too much is going on. Doubles is better.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Me and my group of friends pretty much adopted the rotation battles as our group battle system of choice. We love the extra layer of prediction it gave us, and made battles all the more exciting.

I think triple battles are... strange. Maybe it's just because I could never get the hang of them. :P

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I prefer triple, because I'm probably double battles biggest fan haha. Rotation is fun too, but I dislike the fact that I have three Pokemon on the field and can't use them as collaboratively as I can in a triple or double battle. But both are very enjoyable and add to the series, I think. However, I was disappointed with how they were hyped up and there are only a few in the game. But then thinking back to Ruby and Sapphire when double battles were introduced, there weren't a lot of them either. In Emerald, they were EVERYWHERE. You had the ones from RS still there, the ones you walked into, gyms designed specifically to trigger them, and even gym leader rematches that were double battles. They shoved it in your face, which I personally love, but I'm sure most fans didn't like. So what I hope to find in Grey is that we have more triple battles. I'd LOVE to walk between three people and trigger one honestly. I know I hated in Emerald where you could walk between three people and only trigger a double...lol See, I was wanting triple battles before generation IV was even here, let alone V!

Back