• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Triple trigen monotype master challenge

jirachis_best_friend

Aura Hunter
    Years
    Ahh, I see. Ok, so I'm definetly in for the challenge but I can't start until Thursday at least cuz I only have one DS and want to trade my old valuables into my Pearl so I don't lose them. This'll be fun ^^ and I might just stick with my original 3... eheheh. ^^ And maybe I should change Lucario to Empoleon, to make it easier...? Yeah, is that ok? Metagross, Scizor and Empoleon!

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Oh. My. God. I went into the elite four, out of money, thinking that I would just train some on Aaron until I was strong enough to take everyone out. However, I somehow managed to defeat the entire elite four on my first try. Don't know how I did it, either. But somehow, I did it. Cynthia's Garchomp took like 10 Full Restores (he would hit me, I would go down to below half health, i would heal, he would hit me, I would go down below half health, etc.) and Togekiss took quite a bit of persuasion to get it to faint. But I did it.

Then, I tried to complete my Pokedex. Got all but two (Uxie and Azelf) and tried to catch Uxie, but after an Uxie with barely any health withstood 49 Dusk Balls, I called it quits for now.

Lastly, I went to the Battle frontier. My buddy's Staraptor and my Claydol easily swept through the Earthquake prone electric and fire Pokemon that stood before us. Neither of us took damage because I one hit everything too fast. Then I went to the Battle Hall. I thought it was really fun (I haven't played Platinum before, so I was in for a pleasant surprise.) I beat all of the Steel, Electric, Poison, Fighting, and Rock people before the Frontier Brains challenged me to a battle. Her randomly selected Pokemon was... Glaceon. F***. She used Blizzard 3 times on me, and it missed every time. I got very lucky.

After beating her, I moved to the Castle? (whichever one you can't heal in between). I'm partially through this one, I think I'm like 21 people through or something. I got the item addition, as well as the PP healing addition. Can't wait to challenge this Brain.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Ahh, I see. Ok, so I'm definetly in for the challenge but I can't start until Thursday at least cuz I only have one DS and want to trade my old valuables into my Pearl so I don't lose them. This'll be fun ^^ and I might just stick with my original 3... eheheh. ^^ And maybe I should change Lucario to Empoleon, to make it easier...? Yeah, is that ok? Metagross, Scizor and Empoleon!

Since you haven't started your challenge yet its perfectly fine =) As for my challenge uh..yea lol Been playing HG too much >< But I'll switch over tonight and play some more in Platinum. =( I miss my dragon team lol

On an added note I'm currently working on a challenge for HG/SS for anyone interested. PM me for current details

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    This thread was on the second page, unacceptable.

As far as my update, I tried all four other battle thingies and couldn't beat any of them, but I wasn't trying my hardest, and I'm sure I could if i tried.

What I did do is catch Azelf. 2 Ice Beams from Claydol -no freeze :(- and 3 dusk balls was all it took. I got lucky. Now I'm off to catch Uxie to complete my Pokedex.

Edit: And wow, again. After about 10 tries, I caught Uxie. Led Torterra, used one crunch, one secret power, switched to claydol, used one ice beam (no freeze), tried a quick ball because it was still the 5th turn, didn't work, next turn tried a dusk ball which caught it. So my Dex is full now, and I have the National Dex. Yay! Off to catch giratina/dialga/palkia/heatran before i catch the roamers. After that, I just have to get 4 more silver prints, and I'm done!

Last edited:

jirachis_best_friend

Aura Hunter
    Years
    Ahh, yes, my challenge. I never got to finish transferring out my Legendaries and valuables from my Plat, so I'll start soon ^^; Instead of predicting when, I'll post when I do.
    So yeah, team will stay the same, just my Empoleon's name shall be Pecknicks<3

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Short update: caught Dialga and Palkia

Palkia was easier, as I only had to use 1 Earthquake, 1 Secret Power, 3 Fast Balls, and 2 Dusk Balls

Dialga needed about meh, we'll say 10 dusk balls after getting him to practically 0 health with a combined earthquake and thunder fang attacks. My last Pokemon had 10 health when I finally caught him with a dusk ball.

Years
    PC Username:Melvern
    Game name:Melvern
    Type:Rock
    Generations:II,III,III
    Team:Rhydon,Tyranitar,Aggron

Will be starting today^^
    Anyway, going to use AR for larvitar,aron and rhyhorn in lvl5. can i?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    it's not too late is it?

PC Username:familyguyo10
    Game name:Golly!
    Type:Flying
    Generations:1,3,4
    Team:Gligar, Aerodactyl, Tropius!

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Short update, caught Giratina. Then, I headed to Stark Mountain, arrested the old dude, challenged Volkner and Gardenia to rematches, and caught Heatran. He was pretty easy to catch, didn't do a thing to Rhydon using Crunch. Caught him in like 10 Dusk balls after failing to Paralyze him in 3 thunder fangs.

So, now I have caught all the legendaries that are good Pokemon and stay put, and I'm off to get the hard ones. Then I need 4 more prints and I am done!!!

Edit, containing my thoughts throughout the night attempting to catch these 5 pokemon: I was not aware that Pokemon can flee if they're frozen. I guess that means that on the upside, Moltres is now permafrozen with the tiniest sliver of health left. Articuno is also in red health, and Cresselia and Mesprit are in low yellow. I'm going to try and not kill them with a Psychic from Claydol.

I found Mesprit, and killed it with Psychic. So I guess its going to have to be caught in Yellow health. Cresselia was another story, and now it has the Moltres-like sliver

First "ball wiggle" was Frozen Moltres, who waggled 3 times and just had to burst out. So infuriated.

Then I got better when I CAUGHT CRESSELIA!!! 4 Pokemon left

Found Moltres again, and got a 3 wiggle but no catch. Got pissed again.

Found Zapdos and used Psychic to take him down to the Moltres sliver. Like I'm pretty sure these guys have between 1 and 10 HP left.

Decided it had been a very productive day, and called it a night.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    I realized that Palmer would be impossible unless I changed my moves a bit yesterday. Claydol is faster than Milotic, but can do about 1/4 damage before Milotic uses surf to one hit Claydol. Torterra and Rhydon are both slower, and get one hit by Ice Beam and Surf, respectively. So I did a helluva ton of training. Claydol got to level 86 and learned explosion. I took off Ancient Power, which was my weakest attack. I made it back through 3 waves of trainers to Palmer. Oh yeah, I also changed around my items. I got the Focus Sash for Claydol, Torterra is holding a Miracle Seed, and Rhydon has the NeverMeltIce. So the battle began. Milotic went exactly as planned- earthquake, surf, focus sash saves me, explosion. 2 left for each trainer. He sent out Rhyperior, I sent out Torterra. Razor Leaf, Crunch, Razor Leaf. Done. Dragonite killed Torterra with Dragon Claw. Rhydon came out and didn't die, and Dragonite was one-hit with Ice Fang.

On a good streak, I looked around for some Roamers. I found the frozen, almost dead Moltres, but failed to catch it. Next up was Mesprit, who is the only one still in yellow health. Didn't catch it either. Then I found Zapdos, and caught it.

Tired of pokemon for the time being, I called it quits for the day.

Left: 3 Silver Prints (Castle, Factory, Arcade), 3 Roaming Pokemon (Moltres, Mesprit, Articuno)

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Updating my challenge. So I beat Volkner and went on to the E4. Simple to win since my weakest at the time of entering was level 62.

jirachis_best_friend

Aura Hunter
    Years
    Ohhh my. I completely forgot about this. Lol, my bf bought me PMD: EoS so I'd been obsessed with it. But yeah, I can finally start now. I'm just about to pick Pecknicks, and I'll grab a Scyther and Beldum from my Pearl/HG tomorrow or Thursday.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Sorry guys I had to quit this challenge. Stupid bills, had to either sell my Platinum or lose my place of living >< But its still open for those who wish to do it. I just won't be able to partake in it

Back