• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trish's Gallery

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
Thanks guys. Keoni, don't worry about it. :)

New tag:

lightn.png

C+CC please!

Oh, wow~ These are so purdy. :B
I love the colors on this one. (Of course its just black and white, but those are colors... right? xD) Keep up the good work! (Does that seem kinda generic to you? ._.)

Years
For some though, you may want to practice blending the focal in more with the rest of the tag. I.E. the Exploud seems separate from the rest of the bg, like it's just sitting on top

For a long time I would have agreed with this. However, I eventually pried myself from the list of cliche critiques and started making and liking what actually looked best to me.

Anyway....

Yea, I am really enjoying your gallery thus far. I agree with your response to Kelp's comment. Every time you didn't "blend" your focal in with the effects it was because it would simply look worse "blended". I applaud what you are doing with your tags. You create what looks best to you and ignore cliche critiques - which at this point feel like graphics rules you MUST abide on some graphics boards - like lack of blending, flow etc.

Having said this, it's not like you don't ever blend your render, or make your tags flow. That is certainly not the case. You do, however, know when and where to apply said techniques. For instance, in your tag tabula.png you "blend" the render in with the effects seamlessly. That one is really awesome because of that and many other more significant reasons.

The following text is a critique of the graphics community. Don't be offended. YOU WERE WARNED!:

While I understand the concept of keeping a list of things you need to vaguely be aware of in your own and others' art, many graphics users and communities weird allegiance to them bewilders me. Can you even call yourself an admirer of art (in general) if your critiques of everything are seen through such a skewed lens?

Take this metaphor for example. Many a graphics artist with this mindset would walk into a museum, see a beautiful panoramic landscape painting by, ummmm Giovanni Bellini, and say: "Geeze! This is a great painting but I really wish he had picked a single focal point."

Whatevs. You are great. Dont be conformed by dumb cliche critiques. HOOORAH!

-CT

Trish

He was dead the whole time!
Years
Thanks everyone!

@ Comic Tragedy : Yes, that is exactly what I've wanted to say to people who critique me very heavily due to such aspects. Thank you. :)

New tag:

yor.png

Couldn't add much. Credit to cretica from DA for such an amazing stock piece. :D C+CC please!

Trish

Years
hide.png

Originally a concept tag with the lighting as the focal, but I added in a render with the scene looking like the girl's in hiding. You'll see the render is blurred, within the foreground. She's hiding behind a wall, essentially.

C+CC please ^_^

Trish

Years
New ones.

pe2k.png

A celebration of styles from a few favourite tag artists of mine from PE2K. That forum is where I grew up. xD

light0.png

Almost the same background, just with some tweaks, and a different fore.

C+CC please. This thread needs more, :(

moments.

quixotic
Years
Galleries here at PC are notorious for getting irksome amounts of cnc...
That's why I'm here!

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3594/pe2k.png
Love this style and always have. Anyways, first thing that I see when I look at this tag, is the black soft brushing over Kadabra on the left. If you want that lighting there at all, reduce the opacity so we can still see all of Kadabra, but we also see the lighting. Secondly, the sprite is pushed over so far to the left, I'm doubting whether it is adding anything to the tag really. It is like, asking for focal, but it positioned in a way that is not benefiting the tag. Either make the canvas bigger and more space on the left, or push everything to the right or something.

Other than that, love the background and the typo. Speaking of typo, it seems there's a few more pixels of space between "PE2K" and "experience" than there is for "PE2K" and "the", just an OCD nitpick.

Trish

Years
Yeah, I used the Kadabra to create a color balance in the tag, but now you said it, it sucks. xD And yeah, I noticed the pixel differences too. I actually adjusted the one above to match the gap, but I probably went 2 pixels over or something, and I didn't see it later.

Thanks though mate!

My first LP in quite a while:-

lightning.png

A submission for something over at PE2K. C+CC please!

Back