• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trolls have gone too far

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
  • 1) She didn't have to through herself at that train. What a shame, a pretty girl too.

2) You know what, I was just thinking about this and it further proves how horribly selfish divorce is. Why get married in the first place? Nothing can be so bad, except cheating, that should cause parents to divorce. It affects the kids so bad and we can see it here. They'll sure feel the guilt heavily now.

3) If only her brother knew what she meant, he could have stopped her.

4) Ignore internet trolls. Admittefly I took them seriously at first, but now I know they're low-lives.

5) Don't be a troll.

6) These folks were more of bullies than trolls as they sent personal attacks...

7) I hate those who made this happen. HATE! It's basically murder, manslaughter actually.

8) I hate it when females die :(

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • II feel very sorry to say, that unfortunately, things like these are inadvertible on social networking sites such as facebook. If it is public, then you will always get a **** or two posting stupid comments on a memorial page. Its such a shame, she was a pretty girl too, and look to be a really nice person. To be honest, to put the page in such a place was, in itself, a bit stupid. While I do not in any way shape or form condone such actions, I do not, however completely blame the bullies, for the reason I posted before. I have seen several other cases like these, and I believe them to be disgusting, and very disturbing that people can be as insensitive as they are over the internet, but I do not know exactly what drives them and can only predict that it is because they can stay anonymous and get a reaction out of people, because in small, gentle doses, it can be funny - I know from experience. When it goes over the top though, in this case, it really disturbs me, and brings a sensation to my being that very rarely occurs. I feel that, while these occurances may be unavoidable, perhaps, if people were to just ignore comments such as these, then the bullies would become bored, and stop. This may be untrue, but I feel that it would provide an answer worth trying.

I will finish by saying that all people such as these can be classed as Suicidal assistants, and also Sociopaths. They have no heart, and feel no empathy or guilt for posting malicious comments towards someone who has died. So next time you see someone being bullied, in any way, perhaps you should intervene, and show the victim that someone does care about them, and that they aren't some idiot that needs to die, that they are someone people love and care about.

Zet

Years
  • People should know by now that setting up facebook memorials are a bad idea, however at least some anonymous didn't contribute to something like that. The story itself was quite sad and I didn't think some rich kids would be that much of a giant douche to bully someone over a divorce.

Rena Ryuugu

はぅ〜
    Years
  • This is literally horrible. It just shows how little respect people have for the deceased just because they didn't like them. Like I know that if you dislike someone when they're alive, it's okay, I mean, it's not fantastic but it's accepted socially. But when people die, you have to have a completely different kind of respect for them, and that;s clearly not being understood here.

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    Spend as much time on 4chan as I do and you'll be completely desensitized to stories like this...and you might even chuckle a little bit. (snip)

Over the years, I've come to harden my emotions and ignore the vast majority of things directed towards me on the internet, as most people who use this modern tool should.

x2.

If this girl had grown a thick skin and ignored the idiots, she'd still be alive. That said, while I don't agree that she should've offed herself - THINK OBJECTIVELY ABOUT THIS, thanks - I commend her for taking control of the last decision she had.

Ideally, the antagonists would've had the common respect and class not to make fun of a death in the family, but possible reasons for that have been covered already so I'm not addressing extreme issues like that. So speaking generally:

People need to grow up and learn not to take things personally. You're sure as hell not going anywhere in the REAL world if you get offended every third word. It's unrealistic and selfish to expect others to cater to your particular sensitivities.

I don't condone suicide in general, but I do support control over one's life's direction; she'd allowed others to steer too long. Weakness is seen as a negative trait for a freaking reason.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • 2) You know what, I was just thinking about this and it further proves how horribly selfish divorce is. Why get married in the first place? Nothing can be so bad, except cheating, that should cause parents to divorce. It affects the kids so bad and we can see it here. They'll sure feel the guilt heavily now.
    When my parents divorced, I said "about time." They had been arguing and arguing for years beforehand. Better they divorce than keep at each others' throats.

Rawrinism

Shandera'd
    Years
  • This is just horrible. How can some people laugh at people just because something happened with her parents and she cannot control it ?

It's shameful how trolls disgrace the rest of the internet people. If you don't have anything nice to say, I'd suggest not to say it. Keep it to yourself, no need to bash someone at their virtual funeral.

It's sad how other people 'liked' those status'. I feel pretty sad for her.
    RIP, Natasha

btw, I did some search on her on Facebook and saw some DISGUSTING comments on her in one of her groups. It makes me VERY mad. If you don't believe me, go check it out yourself. V_V

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    This has been a complaint for a long time; trolls have gone haywire. Unfortunately I have a friend who doesn't care about that and I can never see eye to eye with him, as he thinks people are being too sensitive to take things on the internet seriously. But the fact of the matter is, not everyone is an "emotional brick wall." If someone reads something offensive, it's as if that's being spat at them to their face. What's more is that that text manifested by that person is on the internet until all the servers simultaneously crash, which means it's a permanent offense. That probably hurts someone more than someone acting like a jerk in public; public is just whoever's there. The internet is anyone in the world with a computer.

In fact, some people in the law tried to prevent things like this from happening again, such as deeming it illegal. So, in order to try to put that in place, they thought of outlawing "violation of terms of service," since ToS is basically the written law for the website. However, since people lie about minuscule things such as their age on these sites, they technically are violating the terms of service and as such would be breaking the law, which would imprison them, as well as half the entire planet (Name me 10 people who didn't lie once about their age on a website, I dare you :P). So thatlaw was revoked, and unfortunately violation of ToS rules such as trolling, or rather "cyberbullying" in general, can't send someone to jail like it should.

Anthraxinsoup

Professional Vidya Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    I laugh at many things people complain that are "politically correct", and I have done many things wrong. But it's a joke and is what is fine in my mind, and my mind is not all people, but you should accept that. My father was killed on valentine's day. Also, the caught to the thing to heaven isn't overly offensive, least they aren't attacking the religious feelings of the parents(as most Americans are Christians). That's just my mind, and I think all people shouldn't get offended at many things.

Anthraxinsoup

Professional Vidya Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011

People like you are the ones who make people kill themselves just because they are not as "strong" as you are. Typical 4Chan mentality, eh?
    Maybe you should spend time helping them instead of laughing. Who knows, it'll make you feel better instead of being a goddamn prick.
    I laugh at stuff like this, but I think 4chan is stupid as it's been new***s for years now.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Sadly, this'll happen. To quote Mr. Gabriel's Theory of the Internet: "Normal person + anonymity + audience = total d***wad."

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • ...Trolls will be trolls. If you react beyond wiping their stupid comments off the board or marking them spam, then they have won. :/

Not-trolls like that are just pathetic. :/
    They're not trolls, they're brainless monkeys.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Trolls are trolls. They don't care what they say as long as they get attention.

Example, here is a post from SPPF:

I would just like to say goodbye to everyone whom I have met, for tomorrow I will be on the run. After months of planning, I am ready to slash his throat seeing as he is gay. People like you, deserve to die. And I shall be happy I managed to kill one of you ******s. Wish me luck.

molepeople27

Pumpkin King
    Years
  • Trolls have gone way too far.
    We are an era where it's okay to be two-faced.
    Were those kids you never liked in high school can make you feel like total poopie online, some memes are funny; but they do hurt people and even ruin people's lives. But what can we do?
    We can help out each other, laugh at our self, and just plainly ignore them.
    Who cares anyways? Only of they act you or you beliefs? Help the others, heck if what it takes is to "out troll" them. You could try. But it's hard to do that, it's a fad once the new medium for people to express themselves to world has come, trolls will be a term of the past. But there will still be bullying. But I agree trolls HAVE gone too far, they will let this girl rest in peace. Shameful. Not funny. And all trolls will not respect you for it.

A failed troll is a failed troll

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years

• la la la la la la.

I'm willing to help people I know and care about, and that should be enough. Why should I waste time trying to console some stranger that I know nothing about? XD

I know I can be a prick. I'm what you would call "emotionally scarred" because bullies got me badly when I was a kid. I don't like people and it will take nothing short of a miracle for my perception to ever really change.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back