• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

True Facts About the Cuttlefish

Sirfetch’d

Picking a favorite or most interesting animal is certainly a hard thing to do with the vast amount of choices but one that has always intrigued me is the Kangaroo. I find it so amazing how it's able to travel at high speeds by bouncing all while carrying if young in it's pouch. It's just such a unique animal that has always been of my my interest. I really wish that they were native to my country because I'd love to be able just to look outside and watch them happily hop around. Also look how cute it is:

french_kangaroo.jpg

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2013
    Dolphines.. Because they are really smart and i had a really good experience with them as a kid :)

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • My favorite animal is the Polar Bear. I don't know why, and I certainly wouldn't want to encounter one outside of the zoo, but I still like them all the same. Other animal that make the list are pretty much any bird, deer, and snakes, or reptiles in general.

Years
  • The sea cucumber.

They seem almost cute in that there are a bunch of different brightly colored kinds and they're kind of round-ish and squishy. They're pretty strange though, in that they can expel their insides to distract predators.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I guess my limited knowledge of zoology makes me judge how interesting an animal is by how it looks. I really enjoy all those documentaries about deep sea life because there are a lot of cool animals living underwater that we've never even seen before.

One of the more interesting animals though I've come across is the axolotl:
    axolotl.jpg

Its appearance, to me at least, comes across as a little unusual, which I think proves interesting.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I'm glad somebody else watches that guy. He's hilarious. XD

My favourites are probably.. chickens. There's just something adorable about them that I can't describe. I also love lions and mice, they're pretty cool as well. Lastly I think ferrets deserve a special mention. I mean come on look at them! Don't you want one? To top it all off, I love all sorts of animals, there's only a few I actually dislike. :]

Years
  • True Facts? If there is a true fact, is there such thing as a false fact? Hmmmmmmm...................

I think the most interesting animal is Quagga, some weird cross between a horse and a zebra. Sadly it became extinct in 1883.

Sirfetch’d

I guess my limited knowledge of zoology makes me judge how interesting an animal is by how it looks. I really enjoy all those documentaries about deep sea life because there are a lot of cool animals living underwater that we've never even seen before.

One of the more interesting animals though I've come across is the axolotl:
    axolotl.jpg

Its appearance, to me at least, comes across as a little unusual, which I think proves interesting.

Wow ok this tops the kangaroo as the most interesting animal ever in my book. Not only is the species interesting itself but this thing also looks exactly like Wooper which is one of the cutest Pokemon ever. ;~;

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I find Tasmanian tigers to be pretty interesting, personally. Unfortunately, though, these animals went extinct a long time ago. Well, they might not be completely extinct, actually; few people have reported their sightings couple years back. Tasmanian tigers have a long tale, a head like a dog, a body shaped similarly to wolves, and a striped skin that resemble tigers. They're harmless, and extremely friendly. They are a little shy as well. If they don't know you, then might run away. If these animals were still common today, then I think many people would've had them as their pets instead of dogs. I'm also a fan of platypuses. They could swim underwater, have a duck- and fish-like body , and can also walk on land. Some of them are venomous, though. If you're scratched by them, then you'd be in pain for weeks. Maybe months. Perhaps even years. It all depends on how hard the scratch is, really. d:

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    I thought Cuttlefish were gonna be cute and cuddly.

Boy was I wrong. The mating thing is actually pretty disgusting, or too detailed. I don't know which.

I actually laughed at the guy narrating through the whole thing, that was the best part.

Am I the only one who thinks adult Cuttlefish look like a Gorebyss that has the mouth of a zombie from Resident Evil Revelations? Either that, or my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Anyway, I find sloths to be interesting animals, and I personally think it would be fun to see how they live. They're also extremely cute. <3

Towerizer

Alcoholic Renegade
    Years
  • hedgehogs, because they are little badasses. it's a mouse with hundreds of spines on it's back, what's cooler than that? nothing that's what, and you know they toughed out some crazy S*** to have needed to evolve as far as to need a bunch of quills as defense, and they are just so darn cute!

Back