• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

True Trainer Challenge

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Alright, most of us play Pokemon games by simply picking two or three Pokemon, maybe four, as a team to beat the games with, and we usually overlevel (or grind to the point of overlevelling) the trainers and Gym Leaders (even the Elite) by far. Especially when we're doing challenges. Maybe three powerful monotype Pokemon.

But not this time.

This is the True Trainer Challenge, where you have to be, well, a true trainer. That means a full team of Pokemon trained equally to all be battlers. That also means no HM slaves.

Rules
    1. This challenge is applicable to any of the following Pokemon games:
    Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, (HeartGold, SoulSilver)

2. You must use at least six battling Pokemon.

3. The six aforementioned Pokemon must also be of different typings. You may use multiple of one type, given that the two Pokemon have different type combinations (ie. you cannot use Gyarados and Pelipper, but you may use Gyarados and Tentacruel).

4. You may use more than six Pokemon, that choice is up to you.

5. You may not trade with other games unless you are evolving Pokemon.

6. You may not use legendary Pokemon.

7. This is not a race or competition, there is no prize.

Challengers

Generation 1
    N/A

Generation 2
    (DarthWaffles - Pokémon SoulSilver)
    (Ninja Caterpie - Pokémon HeartGold)
    gold1222 - Pokémon Crystal

Generation 3
    N/A

Generation 4
    Katsuyaki-Itsuki - Pokémon Platinum
    Okami Chi - Pokémon Diamond
    Have fun!

This IS allowed, right?

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I have started:
    So far I have earned:
    The Coal Badge
    The Forrest Badge
    The Cobble Badge
    The Fen Badge
    The Relic Badge
    The Icicle Badge
    The Beacon Badge
    ------------------------
    Pokemon:
    Garchomp Lv 50
    Gengar Lv 49
    Staraptor Lv 49
    Infernape lv 52
    Empoleon Lv 50
    Torterra Lv 53
    --------------------

( I have not cheated, I swear. I am very good at beating the game. (Diamond))

DarthWaffles

IS A FIRIN' HIS LAZAR
    Years
    Hahah. So your saying use our 6 year old tactics but just refine them.

Ill do it. On HGSS. I was planning to two-man the whole game, but hey, new course.

Heck, Ill race you. C'mon, NC, lets go.

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
    Wait, this isn't what everyone does anyway? o_o; Seeing as I was already doing it.. I'll do it, with Pearl. I'll post stats once I'm near my DS.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Um, what's the challenge? It just sounds like going through the games with whatever Pokemon you like. What exactly makes it challenging, and therefore a challenge?

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    It does? I always use six Pokemon. And being underlevelled is fine when you have six Pokemon of different types, because you can exploit type match-ups to your advantage.

Back