• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News Trump has Covid 19

Years
  • This is what happens when you have the attitude of "it won't happen to me". Now I hope the US takes it more seriously.

Years
  • I believe that Trump genuinely has the virus. I don't buy the theories that he faked it to get out of the debates or get sympathy. He loses more politically than he would gain since his handling of the pandemic is the thing he comes under attack for the most, and having the Covid himself puts his response to the pandemic center stage and forces him to eat humble pie after cutting Covid resources, pressuring governors to re-open the economy, sending kids back to school and holding rallies and fundraisers as if everything was normal. Being sick is probably the last thing he wants to admit after displaying such hubris.

The man was rushed in by helicopter to the Walter Reed hospital last night, that corroborates illness. Why not just stay in quarantine unseen in if it's a rouse? There's also been details released of the medical care he's received, he was given the Regeneron antibody drug to treat Covid. This is an experimental drug that hasn't been approved yet for use yet for the general public, that sounds to me like it's serious and they're ready to take some level of risk to see him through.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10/02/world/covid-19-coronavirus

Also the people around Trump are getting sick simultaneously, his wife was infected, his aide, Gop officials, his campaign manager Bill Stepien, even the president of Notre Dame John Jenkins who had gone to the Scotus announcement at the white house tested positive for Covid. The virus is definitely going around.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Faking having coronavirus would be a very...uh, interesting strategy, for someone who has repeatedly made light of it. I don't think the drama surrounding his treatment gives him any more or less credibility (after all, it's not like he doesn't have the money or the power to set all this up, and people around him being diagnosed with it means nothing because in a large event of course people are going to catch it; doesn't mean he did) but it's more the thought that if this was found out - and of course it would be - it'd absolutely destroy any chances he has of winning the election, amongst other things. Even Trump wouldn't be THAT stupid. That's the very definition of "political suicide" and, whilst I think it almost a certainty he will spin recovering from coronavirus as proof of his strength of character (or, god forbid, more fuel on the fire for those idiots who think this isn't a big deal) I don't think he'd set it up to deliberately paint that narrative.

Years
  • I just watched 10 or more of Trump's doctors walk out of Walter Reed medical center give an interview to the press confirming that he was admitted into their care, tired, coughing and running a fever and that they are giving him treatment. If he's not actually sick then it would mean they are all committing malpractice. Also I don't believe anybody would go take infusions of blood plasma from actual Covid patients if you didn't really have the virus and need the antibodies--that is part of the experimental treatment he is undergoing.

I mean yes, it's possible that many people in his inner circle might have gotten but didn't get it from him or spread it to him. However with a number of infected people interacting with eachother regularly and not practicing social distancing or wearing masks he was definitely in conditions that made him more likely to get the disease in addition to his age, weight and other possible underlying health problems like heart issues. Though I wasn't expecting this news Thursday night, in retrospect it all fits the pattern I think of what we know about Covid.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
    Years
  • I know this is going to come off as being a jerk, but it was only a matter of time before something like this would happen with how careless he was being. I hope that he learns from this experience that Covid isn't something to take lightly like he has before.

Years
  • I know this is going to come off as being a jerk, but it was only a matter of time before something like this would happen with how careless he was being. I hope that he learns from this experience that Covid isn't something to take lightly like he has before.
    Don't be surprised if he continues to blow it off once he's well. There's still a huge chunk of his base that still thinks it's a hoax

Years
  • And he's already not taking it seriously.

https://twitter.com/DrPhillipsMD/status/1312867868028141568

Dr. Phillips is a physician at Walter Reed (where Trump was hospitalized), and according to him, Trump basically ordered a vehicle to drive him around the perimeter of the hospital just so he could wave to supporters of his standing outside the facility. Now those that were in the vehicle are going to have to likely get tested in addition to performing the 14 days of quarantine.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I honestly don't give a fucking shit that he has Covid. He didn't care when millions of Americans did, so I don't care, and never will, that he tested positive for it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    If you're well enough to be driven around so that you can wave to people than you're well enough to get your ass back to work.

Years
  • I remember hearing over the weekend that Kellyanne Conway and Chris Christie also have tested positive for Covid as well another GOP Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin. I saw today that even Trump's press secretary Kayleigh McEnany has also got Covid now. Not good.

Years
  • None of them will suffer with it though, they're all wealthy and get top of the line treatment so of course they'll say it's "nothing" to justify Trumps essentially ignoring it.
    But regular citizens don't get that privilege.
    Still, seeing how fast it spread to everyone is worrisome. I really hope they get it under control.

I think our PM had it but he quarantined and recovered?

Years
  • This whole debacle has just been annoying and disgusting honestly. This man got the best treatment in the country in this freaking hospital suite while over 200k Americans died some of which were never even able to get a hospital bed.

Years
  • I don't know why he's treated like a king. He's just the President, and not even a good one at that.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • our fears are confirmed now that he's being released from the hospital and tweeted to "not be afraid of covid" as if it's comparable to swimming in the deep end of the pool or climbing a ladder to get something up high. what in the fuck. yeah don't fear covid if you're the most powerful (""""powerful"""") man in the country and have access to the best healthcare available and money is not an obstacle and you can get a room at the snap of a finger. don't have to crawl to the door of the ER or choose not to go bc you know you can't afford it or die in a hallway waiting for help. yeah. don't be afraid of covid guys!!!

Back