• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trusted Emulation Host?

simadons

Imagine
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2013
    For the longest time I have been using VBA. All was fine and dandy until my virus scanner found out it had a virus. Dose anybody have good recommendation for a good GBA or DS emulator that is free?

I believe this thread follows all the rules required for the mainfourm.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    For emulating GBA games, Visual Boy Advance is definitely worth a consideration. It's one of the best (if not the best) emulator for that system that is currently available.
    Of course there are other good ones as well.

For the NDS, DeSmuME is currently one of the fastest developing emulators, and is worth having a look at.
    Of course, there are a lot of alternatives as well.

A Google search will lead you to a lot of sites offering tons of emulators for download, and even have reviews about them.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Commercial games are not fully supported yet, and that will still take a while.
    However, homebrews and function demos are running pretty well already.

simadons

Imagine
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2013
    Thanks for the quick reply. I shall google your recommendations.

I was thinking, with newer system, such as the Wii, making emulators will become harder to make, with motion sensitive games and such.

Back