• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Truth Wars-Revamped!

How does it look now?

• Exceptional

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pretty Good

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Meh

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zerus

Why >__<
Years
  • Shoop da whoop! Truth Wars is back and better than ever!

STORY

The story begins in the belly of the beast, one of the Hyrian army's Commander, Vince Karn, stages an attack on the enemy fort, aptly named Fort Reiz. He manages to fights off the enemy forces and invade the fort now joined by three of his most reliable men, Bart, Merve and Astrae.They meet resistance within the fort naturally as the head for the research wing. They reach this area and meet with another Hyrian Commander, Commander Claise. Claise faces off against the leader of the Reizan forces as Vince and the others fight against the weaker enemies attempting to stop them. The enemy leaser then activates a machine that transforms him into and Ether Byproduct. (The actual product died before it was created.) Vince and Claise fight the creature and destroy it. The Fort is then destroyed by the Hyrian forces.

"One more victory" says Claise

On the way home on boat, Vince feels guilty about having killed that many people, he had never actually lead a full scale battle. He asks himself questions worthy to be called treason. Vince's every thought plauged by these questions...

As he reports back to Hyra and informs the King of his success, he doubts the King's intentions and tries to dig into the purpose of this war, in order to answer his questions. He wounded by the guards and and thrown out into the trash. He decides to leave the city behind in the morning heading south. He is ambushed by his own men on the way to a small town called Belmec. He is gravely outnumbered with little chance of coming out of it alive. Before the final blow, a strange young man helps Vince fight off the soldiers. Vince doesn't doubt the young man's intentions and accepts his help.

The young man introduces himself as Zerus plain and simply. Vince and his newfound "acquaintance" head into Belmec, a small town, for supplies, rest and a way out. They "run into"(barge into) a man named Kiru at his home. They ask him regarding any port towns. Seems there's two towns that have port access; one further south, one further(lots further) west. They decide to do business south since there is more active military...activity to the west.

Kiru offers to join them as he claims the path is dangerous, telling Vince and Zerus they are no match for the vile creatures on the way. As they turn to leave the house, 4 cloaked men barge into his home and begin to demand the retrieval of an "Evoker". Kiru seems to have a history with these men. They fight the soldiers and easily defeat them. Vince then asks Kiru who they were. He answers by telling them they were after his sister, enters the house a few seconds later.

A blue-haired young woman named Rena, Kiru explains the situation and Rena offers to join the party. Kiru, of course, lets her come with them. The party decides to restock and prepare for the journey. Their new destination, Refled

CHARACTERS

Truth Wars-Revamped!

Captain Vince Karn- The main character of the story. He was drafted into the Hyrian Army at age 15, now 18 years of age. He is one of Hyra's Top Captains, the third best actually. He has spent the three years he's been in the army training day and night for any and everything that he may encounter. He is not very expressive and keeps most things to himself and he is as cold and unfeeling in the battle field although he is very hesitant. He is a great swordsman, skilled in no other art but the sword. He does dabble in Ephex as it was a pre-requisite for joining the army

Truth Wars-Revamped!

Zerus- Once a citizen of Reiz the newly christened Dead City, formerly the capital of the continent Areyas. He is a member of a resistance group, sent to scout ahead for an ambush on one of Hyra's Resarch Laboratories.The resistance group he has joined is trying to prevent the oncoming war along with about 17 other guys with his side victorious. Although he is very serious regardin his work, he is a joker of sorts. Offering his services to Vince as he is ambushed on his way to the mainland rather quickly, if I do say so myself. His being from Reiz has granted him resistance to cold temperatures as well as agility.

Truth Wars-Revamped!

Rena A. Hirai- She is one of the last of an ancient race of Evokers.Lives with her brother Kiru in a small town called Belmec. She can use Ephex rather skillfully either for offense,defense or regeneration, as well as being capable of creating creatures possessing grand power, a skill inherited from her father, Astor. Living in hiding has made her a more cheerful person rather than a nut case, strangely. She always tries to find the good in the situation, a really kind person and tries to help everyone she meets. Especially Vince after their strange meeting..

Truth Wars-Revamped!

Kiru Hirai- Rena's brother. He took up the way of the dragoon after his mother, a dragoon herself , she was slain in battle several years before the war after bearing her two children for reasons I shall not reveal... He is not yet a full fledged dragoon but hopes to become one in order to honor his mother and to better protect his sister.This meaning he cannot achieve the full [Jump] Art Dragoons wield so effortlessly. His father, an evoker named Astor, passed away 4 years later after Rena's birth,leaving him to protect Rena, Kiru was 7 at the time, Rena was 4.This has deeply wounded him but he refrains from showing it. He is very cocky most of the time but he can't seem to say no to anything, something he inherited from his father. He protects Rena with his life and wouldn't hesitate to risk his life for her.

Truth Wars-Revamped!

Lieru Rand- A member of the Yellow Flame Mafia. The joins Vince and the gang through a bizzare twist of mafia related events... He is one of the Top Dogs of the mob stationed in Arc Town on Areyas. He can use all kinds of guns such as shotguns and pistols and carries special bullets in his coat. His speech is barely comprehensible as he speaks in a gangsta lingo using word like "Sho nuff" and the occasional odd phrase "Aint no thang like a chicken wing"... He joins Vince for good after seeing him take on a whole brigade of Hyrian soldiers at a certain point in the game, Telling Vince "You got some b***s n***a!" He initially joins as part of a bargain

Truth Wars-Revamped!

Nina Lamonte-Princess of Vasiria. She joins Vince and his group after they save her from the destruction of the Vasirian castle. Yep there's a castle! She has been taught the path of protection and has learned many a protective Ephex through it all. Although she is very intelligent and kind but a little oblivious to the ways of the world...Well she IS a princess... often resulting in insulting the townspeople and getting chased out of shops... She joins Vince as she is helpless to the ways of the world and because the only thing she ever knew was destroyed alos. She and KOS-MOS join at the same time.

Truth Wars-Revamped!

KOS-MOS- The main character of Xenosaga makes a cameo appearance in Truth Wars. She is made by Vasiria in order to combat the Ether Byproduct Bioweapons made by Reiz. Having only lost 1 of 4 Forts there are still many Byproducts running around the continent. These are merely a fraction as powerful as the actual product. KOS-MOS possesses various weapons that deal with these creatures with great ease. She loses control during an attack as a result of being released too early and blows away part of Vasiria. She is damaged during the battle and she is able to act on her own from there on choosing to protect Nina.

Truth Wars-Revamped!

Arcana Asuma- Dont let her clothes fool you, she has nothing to do with the church! A Sainklair from a town called Seifen, she has mastered Ephex to its fullest. Despite her skills, she does not participate in the war, and only wishes to broaden her horizons but when she needs to fight she WILL NOT hesistate to set you on fire. Having a human mother and an elf father, her body is fragile and cannot fight for too long also resulting in much sickness.Vince finds her in a puddle of her own blood in the Geryu Desert on the mainland, she appears to have overused her Arcan powers. Nina, who is currently with Vince, restores her using special Seinklair healing talents. Her Arcane Arts are a special brand of Ephex specializing in causing crippling damage to the enemy. This, in turn hurts Arcana due to overexertion.

Truth Wars-Revamped!

Jade Craile- A young girl saved by Zerus during the attack on the Vasirian Capital by Hyrian forces. By young I mean 8 years old. She develops a crush with Zerus after he saves her. She likes to show off what she can do, her stamina is not one of those things, while having great Ether Strength, she has terrible defensive and offensive powers. The has no starting Ether due to her being so young. Regardless, she knows a thing or two about fighting, she can wield a boomerang without any problems making her a valuable ally against flying enemies.

FEATURES(I guess...)
    -You will be able to switch party members after a certain event and change the storyline.(A little) This is a common feature in many RPGs.

-You will be able to recruit a total of 12-16 party members. Some will be hidden, some will join due to storyline

-A storyline that transcends its social "limitations"as a monarchial society with a modern attitude.

-A summoning system. Allowing you to summon some of your(and my) favorite Final Fantasy(TM) Summons and others mainly Testament (ZOE : Fist of Mars(TM))

- Day and Night system! COMPLETE Along with random raining!

-Suiza minigame featuring most of my friends. Very rewarding. It is the key to obtaining certain character's ultimate Gear(Not Xenogears gear just GEAR)

-Split opening, meaning you decide how your journey begins, a tutorial? or play the game without knowing any of the basics? Play the tutorial for a surprise later on...

- Skill learning system in which you must buy the Ephes and Arts and allocate them on the characters.

-Pilot EVA from Neon Genesis Evangelion. Each with their own skills and abilities.

-Cameos from Xenosaga, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Final Fantasy and POKEMON(merely as a funny sidequest)

-Extract shards, gems and crystals themselves from Ephex Crystals placed along dungeons using a special sword known as the Treaty Blade(yep the one from FF12)

-Dual Menu System as I call it, switching between 2 Menu's during battle for extra commands and abilities.

-Each character has his/her own weakness to certain elements, those belonging to teh Sainklair race are weak against physical damage and humans are weak agains separate elements depending on their origins.

SCREENS

https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/Zeryus_TruthWarsMaster/VinceandClaiseTalk.jpg

https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/Zeryus_TruthWarsMaster/RandomFight-FullParty.jpg

https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/Zeryus_TruthWarsMaster/MysteryBattle.jpg

https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/Zeryus_TruthWarsMaster/VinceinFortReiz.jpg

Truth Wars-Revamped!

There are many more,I wont post anything else though...

for lots more info, go to https://www.freewebs.com/zeryus/

Heres a demo video I made, I know its pretty long but please, its the first thing Ive ever done. I also noticed I left in the little border thing on every clip.(The gray thing I forgot the word for it...)Now, Ive also added a few things to the game that arent in the demo vid so...yes...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2o7-BZKjBk

Last edited:
    Back