• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trying my hand at game development

Days
    • He/Him
    • Seen today
    Hey y'all,

My name is Marginal, and I'm dipping my toes into the waters of game development with Pokemon Essentials. I've been a huge fan of Pokemon ROM hacks and fangames, like Reborn and Crystal Clear, for a while now. I've even contributed a few fusion sprites to Infinite Fusion! But it was Puffy Pink version that really inspired me to start trying to make a fan game of my own.

After Pokemon, my favorite RPG universe is Paper Mario, and I'm hoping to try and combine my love of the two to create something really special. Who knows if it will go anywhere at this early stage, but I'm enjoying the learning process so far either way!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Hello there Marginal, and welcome to the PC!

While I'm not the most familiar with fangames and such, the PC has a whole lot of sections dedicated to them here.

Paper Mario is great! Have you ever tried any of the mods for it like the randomizer for example?

Years
  • Hey y'all,

My name is Marginal, and I'm dipping my toes into the waters of game development with Pokemon Essentials. I've been a huge fan of Pokemon ROM hacks and fangames, like Reborn and Crystal Clear, for a while now. I've even contributed a few fusion sprites to Infinite Fusion! But it was Puffy Pink version that really inspired me to start trying to make a fan game of my own.

After Pokemon, my favorite RPG universe is Paper Mario, and I'm hoping to try and combine my love of the two to create something really special. Who knows if it will go anywhere at this early stage, but I'm enjoying the learning process so far either way!
    Hello Marginal, and welcome to the forums!
    I see you have played Reborn. You might guess then which of its characters inspired me! ^^
    You made some Infinite Fusion sprites ? Neat!
    Have you tried Solar Light - Lunar Dark ? Zeta / Omicron ? Insurgence (my favourite) ? These are great fan games too!
    What features do you plan to put in your fan game project ? Best of luck to make it complete!

Days
    • He/Him
    • Seen today
    Hello there Marginal, and welcome to the PC!

While I'm not the most familiar with fangames and such, the PC has a whole lot of sections dedicated to them here.

Paper Mario is great! Have you ever tried any of the mods for it like the randomizer for example?

Hey, thanks for the warm welcome! I haven't tried any Paper Mario mods yet, but maybe I'll have to look into that....

Hello Marginal, and welcome to the forums!
    I see you have played Reborn. You might guess then which of its characters inspired me! ^^
    You made some Infinite Fusion sprites ? Neat!
    Have you tried Solar Light - Lunar Dark ? Zeta / Omicron ? Insurgence (my favourite) ? These are great fan games too!
    What features do you plan to put in your fan game project ? Best of luck to make it complete!

Hey, nice to meet you! I'm still very much in the planning stages of my fan game project, but I really enjoy Scarlet/Violet's TM crafting system and I'd love to try and implement something like that, but maybe a bit simpler.

Days
    • He/Him
    • Seen today
    Hello!

What other RPG's have you played? =3
    Off the top of my head... I love the MOTHER series, I've played Golden Sun, Undertale, Fire Emblem. Citizens of Earth was SOMETHING. Haven't really been able to get into Temtem. Baldur's Gate 3 is great, obviously.

Days
    • Seen Mar 5, 2024
    Trying my hand at game development It is the fusion result of Gloom/Magneton. I tried it on Pokémon Infinite Fusion Calculator. I'm curious about fusion science behind it!!!

Back