• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ROM Hack] Trying out Pokemon Peridot

Years
    • Seen today
    I'll start off this update with mentioning something I've done, but forgot to write down until now. As I was picking up my shiny Poliwhirl in Orientem Forest, I also found an abandoned lab there. There, I caught a Porygon. I also found Raikou there, but I'll come back for it later. With the Porygon, I went to the lab in Rugosa City, where a scientist gave me an Upgrade, allowing me to evolve my Porygon.

With that out of the way, back to the adventure. The cave in Acropora City had another exit, which was blocked by some guy before I defeated Alan. That exit led me to the Molten Peak. I had to travel through that volcano to reach Orchid City. Along the way, I found a Sabre Fossil, which I delivered to the lab in Rugosa City. They revived it into a Fakemon: Skelegon. However, Skelegon went on a rampage, so I had to let my Pokemon weaken it and then catch it.

Orchid City happened to be the city with the last Gym. Before challenging the Gym, I explored the city. There was a guy who gave me a TM containing Dragonbreath. There was also an elderly woman who told me a story about Entei. I sat back and listened to the whole story. As a sign of gratitude, the elderly woman gave me a key which allowed me to unlock a door at the Molten Peak, so that I could encounter Entei. Another Pokemon I'll come back for later.

For the time being, I trained my Pokemon again. This time, I got my Wartortle, Tentacool, Onix, Seadra, Quilava, and Chinchou to evolve. Also, my Slowpoke learned Recover. I decided to evolve it into a Slowking. Then, I went to one of the caves at the sea routes to catch a Slowbro.

Regarding the Blastoise, I bred it to get a new Squirtle, evolved it fully, and traded it to a guy at the Safari Zone for a Charmander. Then I got back to training. At Route 17, I discovered the hideout of the thieves who stole the Poke Flute. As I'm making my way through their hideout, I'll have to fight Mike again. But first, here are the current details of my playthrough:

Pokemon currently in my possession:
    Venusaur
    Charmander
    Blastoise
    Butterfree
    Beedrill
    Fearow
    Arbok
    Pikachu
    Sandslash
    Nidoqueen
    Nidoking
    Clefairy
    Jigglypuff
    Vileplume
    Parasect
    Venomoth
    Dugtrio
    Persian
    Golduck
    Primeape
    Arcanine
    Poliwrath
    Alakazam
    Machamp
    Victreebel
    Tentacruel
    Golem
    Ponyta
    Slowbro
    Magneton
    Dodrio
    Dewgong
    Grimer
    Cloyster
    Gengar
    Hypno
    Kingler
    Electrode
    Exeggutor
    Marowak
    Weezing
    Rhyhorn
    Chansey
    Kangaskhan
    Seaking
    Starmie
    Mr. Mime
    Jynx
    Electabuzz
    Magmar
    Pinsir
    Tauros
    Gyarados
    Lapras
    Ditto
    Vaporeon
    Jolteon
    Flareon
    Omanyte
    Kabuto
    Dragonair
    Meganium
    Typhlosion
    Feraligatr
    Furret
    Noctowl
    Ariados
    Crobat
    Lanturn
    Xatu
    Ampharos
    Bellossom
    Azumarill
    Sudowoodo
    Politoed
    Jumpluff
    Aipom
    Sunflora
    Yanma
    Quagsire
    Espeon
    Umbreon
    Murkrow
    Slowking
    Misdreavus
    Wobbuffet
    Girafarig
    Forretress
    Dunsparce
    Gligar
    Steelix
    Qwilfish
    Scizor
    Shuckle
    Heracross
    Ursaring
    Slugma
    Piloswine
    Corsola
    Octillery
    Delibird
    Mantine
    Skarmory
    Houndoom
    Kingdra
    Donphan
    Porygon2
    Stantler
    Smeargle
    Miltank
    Pupitar
    Ancor
    Concher
    Ferrodon
    Gorgrowth
    Gremini
    Mallark'y
    Mandrabel
    Nyanell
    Raiger
    Searion
    Skelegon
    Snowmad
    Tungtyed

Current level cap: 60

Years
    • Seen today
    I just battled Mike in the thieves' hideout. I took my Machamp, Golem, Meganium, Crobat, Quagsire, and Murkrow with me.

Mike started off with a Primeape, and I started off with my Crobat. Mike's Primeape used Swagger, but my Crobat pulled through and took Mike's Primeape down with Wing Attack.

Next up, Mike sent out his Ursaring. I sent out my Machamp. Mike's Ursaring outsped my Machamp and dealt a lot of damage with Strength. My Machamp used Drain Punch and got quite a bit of health back, but not all of it. I let my Machamp use Mach Punch. It wasn't enough to knock out the Ursaring, as it used Strength again. Fortunately, Machamp survived. However, I had to let it use Mach Punch again.

When Mike's Ursaring fell, he sent out an Exeggutor. I sent out my Murkrow. First, I let my Murkrow use Fly. My Murkrow managed to hit the Exeggutor, but it survived with more than half of its HP, as it retaliated with Egg Bomb. Its type was changed, as it hit my Murkrow for not very effective damage. Even so, my Murkrow had only a fraction of its HP left. Therefore, I let my Murkrow use Peck next. Fortunately, Mike's Exeggutor flinched. This allowed my Murkrow to take down the Exeggutor with another Fly.

With his Exeggutor having fallen, Mike sent out his Typhlosion. I let my Golem take care of this one. Mike let his Typhlosion use Defense Curl, and I let my Golem use Earthquake, leaving Typhlosion with half of its HP left. As I prepared another Earthquake, Mike's Typhlosion used Defense Curl again, allowing it to survive another Earthquake with only a sliver of its HP left. When I let my Golem use Earthquake again, Mike swapped his Typhlosion for a Kingler, which took the Earthquake. I switched in my Meganium, which took a Bubblebeam. As I prepared my Meganium to use Giga Drain, Mike's Kingler used Headbutt, and my Meganium flinched. The Kingler hit my Meganium with another Headbutt, but this time, my Meganium didn't flinch, allowing it to use Giga Drain and take out the Kingler.

Mike sent out his Nidoking. I sent out my Quagsire. I let my Quagsire use Mud-Slap, but the Nidoking did a lot of damage with Thrash, leaving me with no other option but to sent out my Golem to finish it off. As Mike's Nidoking fell, my Golem was also able to finish off his Typhlosion.

With Mike defeated again, I have to face Abbot once more. If I have to do some more training before my next battle with him, then so be it.

Venusaur
    Charmander
    Blastoise
    Butterfree
    Beedrill
    Fearow
    Arbok
    Pikachu
    Sandslash
    Nidoqueen
    Nidoking
    Clefairy
    Jigglypuff
    Vileplume
    Parasect
    Venomoth
    Dugtrio
    Persian
    Golduck
    Primeape
    Arcanine
    Poliwrath
    Alakazam
    Machamp
    Victreebel
    Tentacruel
    Golem
    Ponyta
    Slowbro
    Magneton
    Dodrio
    Dewgong
    Grimer
    Cloyster
    Gengar
    Hypno
    Kingler
    Electrode
    Exeggutor
    Marowak
    Weezing
    Rhyhorn
    Chansey
    Kangaskhan
    Seaking
    Starmie
    Mr. Mime
    Jynx
    Electabuzz
    Magmar
    Pinsir
    Tauros
    Gyarados
    Lapras
    Ditto
    Vaporeon
    Jolteon
    Flareon
    Omanyte
    Kabuto
    Dragonair
    Meganium
    Typhlosion
    Feraligatr
    Furret
    Noctowl
    Ariados
    Crobat
    Lanturn
    Xatu
    Ampharos
    Bellossom
    Azumarill
    Sudowoodo
    Politoed
    Jumpluff
    Aipom
    Sunflora
    Yanma
    Quagsire
    Espeon
    Umbreon
    Murkrow
    Slowking
    Misdreavus
    Wobbuffet
    Girafarig
    Forretress
    Dunsparce
    Gligar
    Steelix
    Qwilfish
    Scizor
    Shuckle
    Heracross
    Ursaring
    Slugma
    Piloswine
    Corsola
    Octillery
    Delibird
    Mantine
    Skarmory
    Houndoom
    Kingdra
    Donphan
    Porygon2
    Stantler
    Smeargle
    Miltank
    Pupitar
    Ancor
    Concher
    Ferrodon
    Gorgrowth
    Gremini
    Mallark'y
    Mandrabel
    Nyanell
    Raiger
    Searion
    Skelegon
    Snowmad
    Tungtyed

Years
    • Seen today
    I've taken a long break from this ROM hack, to concentrate on other things, including different video games. But lately, I felt like playing this again. I challenged Abbot with Machamp, Magneton, Bellossom, Houndoom, Raiger, and Gligar.

Abbot started off with an Alakazam. I started off with my Houndoom. Abbot's Alakazam was no match for my Houndoom, so he sent out a Crobat. My plan was to let my Magneton take on his Crobat, but it used U-Turn, allowing Abbot to send in his Alakazam, Gengar, and Hypno. I had to let my Houndoom and Raiger take them out. Abbot also had an Umbreon and a Gremini. My Machamp overpowered his Umbreon. Against his Gremini, I sent out my Bellossom. The Gremini gave me quite some trouble with Double Team and Recover, but in the end, my Bellossom pulled through. As for the Crobat, my Magneton finished it off in the end.

As Abbot fell in defeat once again, I managed to recover the Poke Flute. With that, I went back to Route 16 to wake up a Snorlax and catch it. The road it was blocking led to a house. In that house lived a man who sold Heavy Balls.

With the thieves defeated, I went back to training. My Charmander and Chansey evolved. Now, some ideas I have include challenging the Orchid Gym, going back to the Lost Land to confront Aerodactyl, trying to catch the legendary beasts, and of course, training my Pokemon. But for now, here are my current statistics:

Venusaur
    Charmeleon
    Blastoise
    Butterfree
    Beedrill
    Fearow
    Arbok
    Pikachu
    Sandslash
    Nidoqueen
    Nidoking
    Clefairy
    Jigglypuff
    Vileplume
    Parasect
    Venomoth
    Dugtrio
    Persian
    Golduck
    Primeape
    Arcanine
    Poliwrath
    Alakazam
    Machamp
    Victreebel
    Tentacruel
    Golem
    Ponyta
    Slowbro
    Magneton
    Dodrio
    Dewgong
    Grimer
    Cloyster
    Gengar
    Hypno
    Kingler
    Electrode
    Exeggutor
    Marowak
    Weezing
    Rhyhorn
    Kangaskhan
    Seaking
    Starmie
    Mr. Mime
    Jynx
    Electabuzz
    Magmar
    Pinsir
    Tauros
    Gyarados
    Lapras
    Ditto
    Vaporeon
    Jolteon
    Flareon
    Omanyte
    Kabuto
    Snorlax
    Dragonair
    Meganium
    Typhlosion
    Feraligatr
    Furret
    Noctowl
    Ariados
    Crobat
    Lanturn
    Xatu
    Ampharos
    Bellossom
    Azumarill
    Sudowoodo
    Politoed
    Jumpluff
    Aipom
    Sunflora
    Yanma
    Quagsire
    Espeon
    Umbreon
    Murkrow
    Slowking
    Misdreavus
    Wobbuffet
    Girafarig
    Forretress
    Dunsparce
    Gligar
    Steelix
    Qwilfish
    Scizor
    Shuckle
    Heracross
    Ursaring
    Slugma
    Piloswine
    Corsola
    Octillery
    Delibird
    Mantine
    Skarmory
    Houndoom
    Kingdra
    Donphan
    Porygon2
    Stantler
    Smeargle
    Miltank
    Blissey
    Pupitar
    Ancor
    Concher
    Ferrodon
    Gorgrowth
    Gremini
    Mallark'y
    Mandrabel
    Nyanell
    Raiger
    Searion
    Skelegon
    Snowmad
    Tungtyed

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I haven't touched this ROM hack in a while, because a lot has happened. Recently, though, I got the urge to pick this up again.

Aside from training, I decided to catch the Unowns, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Ho-Oh, and Lugia. However, when I challenged Lugia, I couldn't catch it for some reason. I had to defeat it. This caused Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres to start roaming the region.

I had to track them down, catch them, and then go back to Lugia. This time, I was able to catch it. I'm going to give shoutouts to Jumpluff, Golem, Steelix, Magneton, Gengar, and Ancor for being helpful while battling them.

Back to training now. My Charmeleon, Grimer, and Slugma evolved. My Octillery didn't, as it had to hold a Metal Coat to evolve. And I forgot to give it to it. Anyways, back to training.

Venusaur
    Charizard
    Blastoise
    Butterfree
    Beedrill
    Fearow
    Arbok
    Pikachu
    Sandslash
    Nidoqueen
    Nidoking