• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trying out Tauros !_!

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2005
    Tauros (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Ghost]
    - Iron Tail
    - Return

Tauros sux. I am still unsure about Jolly or Adamant.

Starmie @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 40 HP / 216 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Rapid Spin
    - Recover
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt

My standard detector is beeping.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Keen Eye
    EVs: 196 HP / 100 Atk / 192 Def / 20 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Drill Peck
    - Rest
    - Roar
    - Spikes

._. I think I see the best Defensive wall.

Salamence (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Hidden Power [Flying]
    - Rock Slide

I like Tauros as a starter more then Sala. <_<; Draggy and Flygon are still cooler then this.

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 240 HP / 112 SAtk / 156 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Heal Bell
    - Leech Seed
    - Psychic
    - Recover

One of THE coolest pokemon. I like Leech Seed and Recover :)

Raikou @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 156 HP / 220 Spd / 132 SAtk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Substitute
    - Thunderbolt

DUN DUN DUN BEST SPECIAL SWEEPER IMO.

Last edited:

Shadow Tyranitar

never to be purified
    Years
    Tauros- Go with Adamant, not too many pokemon are in the 110 speed group anyway. I would stick with around 312, max attack, and put the rest in either defense or hp.

Starmie- If you are worried about Gengar, then go up to 355 speed to outrun other Starmies and Raikous. If not, then you don't need quite as much speed. Your set is standard btw.

Skarm- 320 hp, 400 defense, 16 speed, rest in attack. Maybe put around 16 special defense evs for the possible survival for fire blasters that only 2hko with average damage to 0 ev skarm (if that makes sense)

Flygon- don't use it. Its set doesn't make sense. Quick attack is for the nonexistent Subflailers/Reversalers that you won't see in the OU metagame, FB is for nonexistent skarm in the UU metagame. Go with mence. Otherwise, it looks good.

Celebi- Good I think, I don't know standard evs. Don't worry, all Celebis mess up other Celebies.

Raikou- HP Grass or else Swampert will kill you. Nice evs =)

Overall, the best team I've seen around PC for a long time. 9/10-consider Zapdos over Raikou.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2005
    Thanks for the help. Yeah I will consider Zapdos over Raikou, but I like the fact it can CM. Editing in changes now. And I have 352 Speed for Starmie because that outspeeds max speed jolly Tauros, (It has 350 speed), which is nice.

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    lol. Personally I like Flygon, but mainly for its STABed EQ. Just watch out for CB Cham if Salamence is down. Also, do us all a favor and kill the guy who created Tauros for not Giving it Rock Slide. >_<

leafgreen386

Custom User Title. Wow.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2006
    Tauros doesn't have much of a movepool, so Iron Tail is probably the best you're gonna do for it. I have heard of some people putting Hyper Beam on it as a sort of weak Explosion, though, so just putting the option out there.

Your team doesn't seem to like Mence too much, so you could consider IB on Starmie.

Imo HP:Fly/WW>DP/Roar on Skarm. It's not like you'll be doing KOs with DP anyway, and BP teams annoy me for some reason. I use 200 HP so that it can laugh at Weezing. Btw, Impish>Bold lol

Adamant Mence. I tried Jolly Mence. It didn't work out too good. It needs the extra Atk. And even if you really want to use Jolly Mence, DOES IT REALLY NEED MAX SPEED?

I've never been much of a fan of HB Celebi, but then again, I've been much of a fan of ANY HBer (not even Blissey - I'm weird like that), as they don't tend to do much for me. Just get a status absorber imo. If you want to stick with HB Celebi, consider CM>LS and EVs for 255 Def. It'll help out with your Swampert weak, and be able to strike back against Dugtrio if it's gotten a CM already. You also won't need Modest if you go with CM. [/obvious]

Raikou is cool. It doesn't get much simpler than that.

Btw, BoltBeam weak. Paticulary if it's a SubPuncher (ie.Dragonite).

Back