• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Trying to think of creative starters

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    So I'm making some new starters for my hack. (I'm sticking with generation III and below, please). I'd like to stick with the standard rock-paper-scissors format, but type doesn't matter much. As of now, I have Trapinch>Mareep>Spheal>Trapinch. Feels kinda uncreative though.

Also, I'd like them all to have 3 evolutions, level it evolves doesn't really matter

Also trying to stay away from rock and steel types, as it makes the early "tackle/scratch/pound" levels a bit too easy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    So I'm making some new starters for my hack. (I'm sticking with generation III and below, please). I'd like to stick with the standard rock-paper-scissors format, but type doesn't matter much. As of now, I have Trapinch>Mareep>Spheal>Trapinch. Feels kinda uncreative though.

Also, I'd like them all to have 3 evolutions, level it evolves doesn't really matter

Also trying to stay away from rock and steel types, as it makes the early "tackle/scratch/pound" levels a bit too easy.

Elekid and Magby? Clampearl? Tyrogue? Misdreavus and Murkrow? Although not all have three evolutions, maybe that could help.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
    Treeko < Charmander < Totodile < Treeko

lol or

Poliwag < Mareep < Geodude < Poliwag

Back