• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tug o' War 3 - Tea (+1) vs Coffee (-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024

And I think it was a fair battle. We heard the arguments in favour of coffee, the debate was respectful, and coffee unfortunately was slightly behind.

Years

How about just outside Ballonlea? =D

Spoiler:

Years

I have mentioned on this forum before that i am fond of Emilie Autumn, her music and writing have helped me navigate through times when i was feeling at my lowest.

Yesterday morning I grabbed my copy of her book Asylum For Wayward Victorian Girls, and noticed a chapter in it about tea time, and how it becomes a refuge for her when she is in a dark and lonely place.

I knew no greater pleasure than pouring my drop of milk into a delicate china cup so thin as to be nearly transparent, then infusing the liquid with steaming amber and watching the two disparate elements blend into the dusky brown that soothed the lonely soul and calmed the shattered nerves following a particuarly trying lesson with the music master.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years

To avoid being a bookend to this To'W, I'll post now.

It was really nice to see so many people come out to support tea in all its many flavors. And it was even nicer to see one of these actually end with one side claiming victory! (especially after the pineapple incident...)

So close to the plot twist! :D

NANI!? 😱

I have mentioned on this forum before that i am fond of Emilie Autumn, her music and writing have helped me navigate through times when i was feeling at my lowest.

Yesterday morning I grabbed my copy of her book Asylum For Wayward Victorian Girls, and noticed a chapter in it about tea time, and how it becomes a refuge for her when she is in a dark and lonely place.

I knew no greater pleasure than pouring my drop of milk into a delicate china cup so thin as to be nearly transparent, then infusing the liquid with steaming amber and watching the two disparate elements blend into the dusky brown that soothed the lonely soul and calmed the shattered nerves following a particuarly trying lesson with the music master.

Thank you for sharing such a lovely passage of that book with us!

Is the plottwist a sudden switch of what side to vote for, making all our votes in favor of coffee? 😱

No.

Last edited:
    Years

That's it. It's all over. We have won! It's been an honour fighting this very one-sided battle with you all. I've loved reading your tea stories, adventures and explorations! I'll miss it a little if I'm honest :D

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    And with that order has been restored: pineapple on pizza finally won! And it was so unanimously decided, as well! :D

Seems like nobody likes coffee after all. Anyway, tea is the clear winner in this round! Stay tuned for the next thread! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back