• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tug o' War 7 - Books (+1) vs TV (-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now

Still at my mother's house. Not really having much access to the internet; at least I managed to finish some more books. I finished "Night Watch" and "The Wee Free Men" and am currently reading "Monstrous Regiment".

Years

I actually managed to read through four books inbetween Christmas and New Year. ^^"

That is awesome! I'm only a teeny weeny bit jealous honestly! 😇

I still support books even though I'm a pretty slow reader of them. :p

Are you me?!

My favourite thing about books is that you get to set the scene yourself. You choose how to interpret the author's words and descriptions, not a director or someone else. I often wonder how differently we all imagine scenes from the same books,

Days
    That is awesome! I'm only a teeny weeny bit jealous honestly! 😇

Are you me?!

My favourite thing about books is that you get to set the scene yourself. You choose how to interpret the author's words and descriptions, not a director or someone else. I often wonder how differently we all imagine scenes from the same books,

That's a good point! I really like how different people interpret the same data in completely different ways and enjoy the same things for different reasons!

Eh, I'll up the count this time :P

Years

I had to think because I like both, but will vote for books because they are more varied ways to enjoy them. You can open up a nice big, old-fashioned book, and breath in the fresh scent of the paper and ink, or download an e-book and walk around with a whole library on a little device in your pocket, even listen to audiobooks narrated by great voices of our day, complete with sound effects and music. You can read the same story many different ways, even when it's the same format, different illustrations or translations could bring something very new to a book you love.

Charcadet121

Emotional Warrior of Justice
    Days

Welp, I'm still growing up...minors rule!

But still, books are too short for me...in fact, I have read the Canadian Dictionary (Gage 2014) front to back. Multiple times.

Not meaning to brag, but I do have a reading level beyond my age...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back