• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Turn That Music Off

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Yesterday, in my class, my friends and I were listening to a song from our computer and our teacher told us to turn the music off. Then, when I woke up, my parents were listening to karaoke in the living room. I turned off the DVD player and went back to sleep.

1. Have anyone told you to lower or stop playing your music?
    2. Do you listen to loud music in general?
    3. Do you like to turn up the volume?

I don't know if this should be in the Other Entertainment section or not, however.​

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    Yesterday, in my class, my friends and I were listening to a song from our computer and our teacher told us to turn the music off. Then, when I woke up, my parents were listening to karaoke in the living room. I turned off the DVD player and went back to sleep.

I don't know if this should be in the Other Entertainment section or not, however.​
    No to all of them. I use Earphones to listen to music on my phone. :3

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
    Never, I use to put it all the way up and my headphones speaker would do loud noises cause it was too loud but no one said nothing cause I'm too h0t.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I generally have my laptop out and I'm listening to music in most of my courses. My professors never seem to care, and for good reason; I'm paying them, not the other way around.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    1) Have anyone told you to lower or stop playing your music?
    To lower, no, since I always listen through earbuds. Turn off, yes. Mom says it interferes with my studies. : /

2) Do you listen to loud music in general?
    Yep. Any variation of rock music, plus loud volume equals hell for my parents

3) Do you like to turn up the volume?
    Not really. My ears start to hurt. : /

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Threads on discussions in anyway related to music belong in Other Entertainment.

That's where it can be found. A redirect from Other Voting Polls will permanently be available for your convenience.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Have anyone told you to lower or stop playing your music?
    Yes my mom always saids my ipod is on too loud and I use headphones.

Do you listen to loud music in general? No I dont think I do.

Do you like to turn up the volume? Yes usually when its a really good song and I want to get into it.

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
    No one has told me to turn the volume down since most of the time I play the music on my iPod oh-so quietly so that nobody can hear what I'm listening to and so that I don't disturb other people. Sometimes I play music aloud (not very loud though) at school on the school laptops and my teachers tell me to turn it off. I'm constantly telling my brother to lower his music though, even when he's using earphones or playing music aloud on his laptop.
    Nah, listening to loud music all the time hurts my ears.
    Only when the chorus or a good part of the current song I'm listening to is coming up. I'm not really sure why I do this. Perhaps to get into the song more?

Ayselipera

No I use headphones all the time.

Yeah I have a tendency too. Which isn't good for the ears. :/

I feel like I can feel the music better when it's louder. So yes I love turning the music up!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    1- When I use my speakers, my mom randomly complains about my annoying videogame music XD But I try to use headphones whenever I can so.

2- I try not to. The volume in my Windows Media Player is currently at 7/100

3- I'd ratehr find a better quality source than a loud one. It allows me to notice all the details more properly.

Years

Yes

Do you listen to loud music in general?

Yes, especially Hardcore Techno!

Do you like to turn up the volume?

Yes, while watching movies, and plug the sound to my Harman Kardon!

Sarah Paliner

:: Zetsubou no Carnival ::
    Years
    Have anyone told you to lower or stop playing your music? Not to my knowledge. I never turn up the volumes to high. I use my headphones regularly, too. Sometimes, they'll tell me to turn down the volumes on my headphones so I can hear them say stuff to me. XD
    Do you listen to loud music in general? Not particularly. My ears are as sensitive as anyone else's.
    Do you like to turn up the volume? See #2.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Yes to all three of them. I listen to music on YouTube at the moment, and my mom tells me to turn it down constantly. >:(

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    1- Has anyone told you to lower or stop your music?
    Yes, several times. However, that was before I got my ipod. I know use the ear phones since the Ipod nano has no sound without ear phones. Before I got my Ipod I used to play it on my computer and radio/stereo.
    2- Do you listen to loud music in general?

I don't realle like loud music. But I can make an acception towards my favourites!
    I really dislike rock/heavy metal music since they are already loud to begin with and just imagine turning the volume on that!
    3-

No.
    Well, actually it depends I like my music at a medium level of loudness.
    I don't like loud LOUD music.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    1) Very rarely. I only listen to my iPod Touch when I'm doing my schoolwork (I'm homeschooled) or when I do my vacuuming chore. And I always pause my music when someone needs my attention.
    2) I don't have any taste for booming loud music such as heavy rock and metal. I tend to listen to soundtrack and maybe some other neat rock'n'roll songs.
    3) Only when it's far too faint to enjoy. And I definitely do not turn it to a very high volume. I'd like my ears to be working well through my whole life.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    1) I Use Headphones For My MP4 (Creative Zen Moziac) And Before That I Used To Use The Computer But At A Quiet Volume.
    2) Well....I Do listen to Green Day & misono and they are quite loud. but oh well! ^_^ (Mum Loves Green Day And Allows Me To Listen To It Loud)
    3) I Do Put My Earphones Loud When I'm In My Home But When I'm Outside I Only Put The volume On 12 max. I Don't Like People Over hearing mah J-Pop Since I'm English.

fango pango

This fire burns, always.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    1)yes ofcourse they have lol
    2)well,metallica,system of a down,megadeth,slipknot,drowning pool,within temptation,,,id say yh
    3)oh yeah,100% volume so i can only hear the music :D

Years
    My mother sometimes does, while my father doesn't care about loud music. Actually she always does it when I turn the volume up high when she is at home.

No, I prefer listening to music at volume ~15/100 instead of louder music that gets ruined by my mother screaming that I should turn it off.

Yes, but because of said reasons, I rarely have the occassion.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Almost everyday. Im constantly listening to music when I am home, mostly my Top Rated on iTunes so she(my mom) hears the same 200 songs all of the time!

I prefer to have it at maximum volume on my computer, but its not the loudest. When I play it through my Xbox 360 I tend to play it loud though.

Hell Yeah I do

Back