• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV TV show gems that need to be shared?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I was just curious to know if there were any TV shows you think need to be shared. Ones that aren't as popular, but you find to be really good. yes, we've had this for music gems, which give me the idea in the first place.

This story is a Japanese drama. I didn't think it belonged in anime & manga, and this is geared toward really anything TV show related. Anyway, the great thing about this story is that not only does it inspire people who live with this condition... it shows us how much we take life for granted. That we instead we should do our best to live life to the fullest. You never know what could happen to you one day. You could lose it all simply due to a progressive disease to dying in a car crash, and that would be it. The drama is called 1 litre of tears.

This video provides a pretty thorough explaination of what she had to go through. It's based on true events of a young girl named Aya Kito. She died in May 1988 at the age of 25 due to a progressive disease called Spinocerebellar Ataxia (among other names). She was only 15 when it started. She never had the chance to get married, have kids or live a normal life once the disease hit her. :c Her story is both emotional and inspiring to everyone who needs a reminder just how valuable life really is.

This is a story I recommend to anyone. There is also a movie of the same name, which is more inspired by her story. However, I feel the J-drama goes more in depth of what she went through and how much more the disease impacted her everyday lifestyle.

Another thing I adore about Aya Kito too is that despite how much the disease slowly took away everything she loved, not ONCE did she stop writing in her dairies. She kept on writing and writing, even when she could no longer hold a pen. Her story is what inspires me to not give up on writing. It inspires me to keep writing no matter how much I feel like giving up.

So, what about you guys? Know any TV show gems that MUST be shared?

Years
    Veronica Mars is maybe the best show that's ever been on television. It might not seem like it (witty teenage detective sometimes with boy drama) but trust me, it is.

Life on Mars [UK] is one of the best TV shows you haven't seen.
    Ashes to Ashes is also good, though maybe not as good.

Bay

Years
    The TV show version of Minority Report. If anyone remembers, the movie version with Tom Cruise is where there was a program where murders can be predicted before it happens. The TV version has the setting take place years later where the program ended, but the three humans used for that experiment can still predict the murders on occasion and a female detective helping one of them with various cases. I admit I wasn't sure how that would fair, but I was impressed as it has a diverse cast and the characters are great (especially love Vega as she reminds me a bit of Abbie from Sleepy Hollow, but both of them have different backstories). If any of you like the Minority Report movie then I think you'll enjoy the tv show also. Hopefully Fox will pick up the show for a second season.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I won't say it enough...

Bojack Horseman.
    There is such a big complexity behind the characters and a pessimist vision of adulthood.

Reactions: Her
    Back