• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV shows or Movies

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • As the title says , what do you like more? TV shows with daily telecast and long story or movies with 3 to 4 hours of story and actions, I personally prefer movies over TV shows.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2014
    I prefer TV shows in that I can spend more time to obsess over my favourite characters and stories. But I like how movies can move you to a different world for about 2 hours. You'll never feel as satisfied watching a movie again compared to the first time you saw it. (Kind of like books do, but only for two hours.) ^^

Years
  • I usually prefer TV shows, personally, as I think i'd rather be up in a quick telecast without as much needed to understand. I don't dislike movies, but when they go on for a while I usually don't get what's going on, so I tend to want to tune out some of the time.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I'm always gonna go for a movie over a TV show simply because I always either lose interest in TV shows or run out of time to watch 'em eventually. plus I feel as if movies are the more artful of the two (this is a stupid thing to say). however there are some TV shows that can't be beat man. when I have 30 minutes to kill nothing beats an episode of The Office or Arrested Development.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I prefer watching television shows over movies. It's easier to take a break between sections of television shows than it is to take breaks during movies. Plus, with television shows, there are more opportunities to develop characters and plots because they can run longer than a movie can.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    I prefer TV shows mostly because they are able to build up a story and contain more of a story than a movie, and a movie sequel you need to wait a year or two whilst the next episode is generally a week later.

Game of Thrones, Once Upon a Time, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Atlantis, The 100, Merlin (I really miss this show massively), Gotham shows like these are able to have way more character depth than any movie ever could

Years
  • TV series. They have more development in the story and characters and all that, and there's loads more content to enjoy. Also there are loads of breaks, and they don't destroy the momentum of the series.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I definitely watch more shows than movies. Most shows I watch have 20 minute long episodes, so in my mind I feel like it's less of a waste of time compared to sitting and watching maybe a two hour long movie. But in reality I usually watch enough episodes in a row to waste just as much, if not more time.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Movies, when you really get into the movie, you feel like you're inside the same universe as them and you forget about the real world. There's just something about watching a movie you never saw before that's just magical.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I prefer TV shows orme than movies, mostly because you get more out of a story with TV shows, whereas with movies it feel like the story is rushed at times. I would love to see another TV show with James Franco and Seth Rogan, than a string of movies.

#DickBats

Oliver Queen
    Years
  • TV shows. I prefer to get hooked for weeks on a show rather than sit for 2+ hours watching a movie. Besides, nowadays , tv shows have almost the same quality as movies. In fact, a lot of great actors are acting in tv shows rather than movies. See Kevin Spacey in House of Cards for example.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I like tv shows better because I usually give up an hour of my time at a time to watch it and if I like the show I have continued entertainment for another day. A movie means giving up more of my time all at once and honestly I just don't want to sit there and watch something. I used to really like movies too, but now it's just the last thing I want to do.

Years
  • TV shows. They're able to pique my interest since they're a lot longer, and I feel that they're more flavorful because they have more time to develop and share a story.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Tv shows, I think. You can emerse yourself more in their worlds and if there is a clifhanger you don't have to wait a year. goddammit hunger games

Back