• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch Plays pokemon

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • tbh I think I want to stay in the bag and not be resurrected. They'll release me, I know it. The Dome followers will do it. I just know they will.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I think the problem people have with grinding (or in this game at least) is that they find it boring. We seriously need it though.

This stream is so huge, that's there's a Wikipedia article on it.

And it's detailed too.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitch_Plays_Pokémon

Also here's a funny art for you guys.

Spoiler:

Oh god, I completely forgot about that haha. The biggest problem is when we're gonna leave to heal. It'll probably be easier to just white out then, but we still need the money :(

Yeah we might just end up trying to get through so many times and then run out of money trying to get Surf. :( I think we need items to sell for money.

Edit: Omg they spent like 5 minutes trying to get the Itemfinder from Oak's Assistant. I can't anymore with this game.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • It's okay dudes they let you in with 1 PokéBall even if you have no money. Still get kicked out of you lose it but eh. And anyway creator said he gonna turn off step counter so we can get Surf.

edit: guys we made the latest XKCD!

Last edited:

Treecko

Years
  • It's okay dudes they let you in with 1 PokéBall even if you have no money. Still get kicked out of you lose it but eh. And anyway creator said he gonna turn off step counter so we can get Surf.

edit: guys we made the latest XKCD!
    That would be great since we don't need to be in trying to get Surf for 3 days. We will still be in the Safari Zone for a long time though.

It'll be amazing if this becomes the reason why everyone's talking about Pokemon in public. Like 1999.

That would be awesome! I'd love it if this makes Pokemon as popular as it was in the late 90s/early 00s. I'm sure there is been people who's watching or playing TPP who haven't played a Pokemon game in ages or they haven't played a Pokemon game yet at all. Imagine if thousands of people wanting to get into/get back into Pokemon went out to buy a copy of X or Y or one of the newer games cause of this. Or even a used copy of Red/Blue. It's be cool if the resurgence of Pokemon happens course of this.

I love how we've been wondering around Fuchsia City aimlessly for the last hour. XD Also this is the best thing on Imgur right now.

https://imgur.com/a/MfG9j

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Decided to check it out, been seeing a lot of Imgur posts so I'm vaguely familiar with the plots and stuff.

I just find it hilarious the first trainer battle I watch they keep going to the S.S. Ticket for for advice haha.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2017
    I don't have a Helix Fossil for guidance. What do I do when the heretic has chosen me?

Years
  • They're about to get next badge, unfortunately the rest of team is underleveled and only Bird Jesus will gain levels.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • We're battling Koga but about to go down because we made it to him with only Bird Jesus haha. Not that the others would have helped much tbh but they might have a bit. WE JUST NEED TO TRAIN GDI

Years
  • Ok, just woke up. What have I missed? Apparently ran from a Snorlax, failed epically at Koga's gym and dug out of the safari zone. Anything else?

And Oddish evolved? Ok, I wasn't expecting that. That seems a bit random.

EDIT: A wikipedia page for this? Really? Definately didn't expect that. Speaking of major sites reporting on this, has anyone seen the BBC article on it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26240191

I draw your attention to the caption of the picture halfway down. "Pokemon was even made into a film." I don't even know how to respond to that.

Last edited:

Shhmew

Years
  • This stream is so huge, that's there's a Wikipedia article on it.

And it's detailed too.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitch_Plays_Pokémon

Oh my god this made me smile so much. I feel like I've been a part of a large historical event.

"Twitch Plays Pokémon encapsulates the best and worst qualities of our user-driven, novelty-hungry age. Today's Internet has an extraordinary propensity for creating things that (1) grow quickly, virally, and organically through word of mouth, (2) provide hours of entertainment, and (3) waste days of peoples' lives for no apparent purpose (see also: Flappy Bird)."

I love this quote so much.

Also:

"...such as the aforementioned Helix Fossil, which players jokingly considered to be a deity"

Lol they think we're joking... ;3

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • We totally are part of history. Or at least something massive that will be remembered. It's really cool. :D I think it was the guys on The Patch that said this might be what cements Twitch into the gaming community, so that's kind of a big deal.

Don't know if anyone mentioned, but we did pick up the Super Rod at some point. If we begin to consult it or actually use it remains to be seen. We also used our last two Great Balls trying to catch someone else's Arbok.

Years
  • I wonder if the missingno glitch is working there... Hehehehehe. Imagine them getting to Cinnabar and doing that.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Just deleted Gust for Mirror Move on Bird Jesus... this should make things interesting.

But yay, Koga has been defeated!
    ♥♥♥♥. now we're really going to have to desperately level up the others. We can't rely on a-spam. We have a 1/4 chance of hitting an attack move with Bird Jesus. Goddamn. We need to kick our training program in gear. And we gotta go get Fly.

But wow, five badges! Go us!

you took his weezing, he took your gust

you thought you were ♥♥♥♥ing with a ninja but all along he was ♥♥♥♥ing with you
    [x]

Why is Red on Mt. Silver for an indefinite period of time in Pokémon Gold and Silver? If one goes by this playthrough, he's too incompetent to get down.
    [x]

Last edited:

Treecko

Years
  • Ugh Mirror Move is not a good move at all. We better do some grinding cause The Keeper could be a great help if it learns Psychic at level 32. Rick Gastly could easily beat Sabrina once it's leveled up by at least 20/25 levels. At least we're making progress. Hopefully we don't get Surf while I sleep. I'd love to witness the craziness in the Safari Zone. If only we consulted the Super Rod more cause then we could catch a good Water type to beat Blaine with and to Surf with.

Edit: We have entered the Safari Zone! Oh boy here it goes......

And we caught a Venonat! Didn't catch it's name though. Fan name Burger King has been established so far. Edit two Venonats! XD

Last edited:
    Back