• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch Plays pokemon

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    Any predictions as to when they'll finish? I thought they'd be three weeks when I made a prediction four days ago, but it seems like they're picking up speed...

I was shocked when they got surf so quickly I was like "HOW CAN YOU TAKE A DAY ON ROUTE 9 THEN DO THE SAFARI ZONE WHILE I SLEEP WHAT IS GOING ON"

My tumblr has been infested with beautiful images thanks to this beautiful idea though. <3 Can't post any beautiful images here yet though. Still too new!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Speaking of beautiful images-
    Spoiler:

Glory be.

We def are getting faster. The weak point was definitely Rocket HQ, but we made great time after that. But we're currently fighting about whether to get Zapdos or head on to Cinnabar.
    I feel like we'll have beaten the League after another week. Because we really don't have much left. On the other hand, Victory Road.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    Considering how twitch battles, I'm not sure Bird Jesus is going to do so well against the likes of Lorelei who will punish our precious saviour with vollies of icy unpleasantries. ;_;

Gonna edit in a beautiful image since this is post 15...

Here we go, CHECK THIS BEAUTY OUT:
    Twitch Plays pokemon

Years
    The general consensus among the chat seems to be to get Zapdos. I'm not entirely sure I like this plan since it means using the PC or daycare to make space first, both of which we've shown great difficulty with, or letting it go to waste if we catch it with a full party, because no one will dare go withdraw it from the PC.

Actually at this moment they appear to be trying to get Hitmonchan :/

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    There's a college in Florida that was doing stuff as well! Some pics- as always with me, click for source/bigger:

Twitch Plays pokemon Twitch Plays pokemon
    I'm laughing that's the University my brother goes to. I should ask him if he's seen any of that in person.

Personally I think we should probably just stick with what we have and grind Air but yeah that's just me. After all I don't see what use Zapdos is going to be other than it'll actually be fairly leveled (unless they ditch Dux so they don't have three flying types...) but we don't... have the money for many pokeballs and the bird trio is a pain in the ass to catch. So it'll only be worth it if we get especially lucky.

At least Hitmonchan is a type they don't have?

Years
    At least Hitmonchan is a type they don't have?

But they already picked up the Hitmonlee (and released 1/2 an hour later) so they can't get the Hitmonchan. You only get to pick one of them from the Saffron Dojo.

As for Zapdos, it would be extremely useful considering there's a lot of water routes coming up, most of Lorelei's Pokemon are part water type and Lance's strongest Pokemon are part Flying type so the usefulness is there but it's such a high risk of releasing someone or putting them in the daycare and not being able to retrieve them, tackling either the ledge or rock tunnel again, which were both major obstacles first time around, and even after that there's the potential of tossing the master ball or using it on a random wild Pokemon. So basically an endless list of things that can go wrong.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    We have a masterball to waste though. And we aren't making it to M2. So might as well use it on something useful for the league (and damn will Zapdos be useful against Lorelei).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Ah, that's right I forgot about the Masterball. Would be a good idea to go and get zapdos before they accidentally throw the masterball away.

Also w/ hitmonchan I've heard it's Red 151 so they can get it??? I might be remembering/hearing things wrong though shrug.

Years
    I've just caught up on about three days of events there and it looks like some good progress has been made since I was last able to watch.

I hope I'm around when they go for Zapdos I want to see how badly that turns out. Alternatively, I hope I'm around when the master ball is perhaps inevitably wasted on something else entirely.

Years
    They kept scrolling down the items during an encounter with a Mankey just then and I started to worry. Seeing comments like "Spam down to toss masterball!" makes the possibility of keeping it seem even slimmer.

In terms of progression, democracy would be good here, but I think the idea of some random pokémon like a Mankey being caught with a master ball would add yet another good story to the already rich tale so far. May the anarchy long continue...

Years
    Yeah, I'm torn watching this stream sometimes. It's hilarious when they fail, but it's exciting when they succeed. I'm generally not a fan of the democracy mode. Granted there are times when it's necessary, but I don't think this is one of those times. The problem is that once we had it for the Rocket maze there were people saying we needed it for every obstacle, no matter how small. If the game was played entirely in democracy mode it would ruin the point of the whole stream IMO. It would just become a painfully slow regular play-through.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    From the looks of it, we're trying to get to the Power Plant to catch Zapdos, but are wondering around Route 6 atm.

And I just remember we have to go back to Route 9 to get to the Power Plant which requires us to deal with.....
    Twitch Plays pokemon

THE LEDGE!!!

I feared the day we'd have to face The Ledge again. Oh Lord Helix help us all.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    I just looked at the stream and was wondering why we were at the ledge. Thought they'd been crazy enough to go through the Rock Tunnel, but remembered we could get through the Saffron gate now haha. In any case, we're now much stronger with the power of democracy at our side, so beating the ledge won't be quite as big as a challenge. But if we've been there for 2 hours now, maybe I shouldn't get my hopes too high :p

We have a masterball to waste though. And we aren't making it to M2. So might as well use it on something useful for the league (and damn will Zapdos be useful against Lorelei).
    My bet is that we'll probably either run away or waste our Masterball on something else before making it to Zapdos. If we somehow manage to get Zapdos, it'll probably get released. THERE WILL ONLY BE ONE HOLY BIRD!

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Only just discovered the stream yesterday, somehow, only now catching up on all the lore. Apparently this ledge was an 18-hour project last time?

Considering how easy it is to run from battle, I'm pretty sure we won't ever get that Zapdos, but I'm looking forward to seeing how this all goes down.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
    Years
    Somebody tell me when they've conquered The Ledge so I can watch again. Watching them go in circles and tug-of-war with each other is a yawnfest.

I don't get why this is worth it. Are they going to get Zapdos anyway? Will they run from it? Kill it? Or will the Master Ball be chucked away too soon? So many things can go wrong...

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    We have made it across the ledge somehow. Faster than last time. Only took about 6 hours. XD So we're almost to Zapdos once we get out of this corner. The one near the river.

Twitch Plays pokemon

Back