• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Two posts, one click!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • It's not the mouse unless it's on mine too... and my old untampered-with work computer's mouse settings. I think it's a server thing, 'cause I do definitely notice it when the server is hiccuping all over the place.

:( It happens to me all the time too except whenever I do it, it just posts twice (since I have no flood limit and it doesn't catch my double posts), and people comment on it because I never notice, haha. I have no fix, just dropping in to say it's very, very unlikely it's related to the mouse.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 5, 2021
    I think your internet connection plays a role, too. My wireless loves to mess with me, and sometimes when it's connection is low, I'll get the flood message. Same happens on another vB board I'm on, and they don't have the server issues like PC has.

Also, I laughed so hard at Lightning's double post. :)

Years
  • Just because they missed the point, it doesn't mean you have to burst out at them. It's commonly human nature.
    I think it's the frustration of several people insisting the OP was doing the wrong thing when they weren't. It didn't look terribly personal, anyway.
    And to be honest... I aren't really having this problem... so I do assume it is a problem with your Mouse configurations.
    There's still more than just the mouse and settings for variables. The account, connection, server, browser, etc.

On the other hand, it doesn't seem like the button signal is being sent twice, does it? Or they'd get a "this post is a duplicate of one that you have posted in the last X minutes" prompt, wouldn't they? Or is the flood control prioritised when posting?

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I know the culprit isn't the mouse settings or I'd be experiencing double click issues everywhere...not just on one site in my browser. :< Common sense people.

I'd think that the flood control kicks in first for some reason...the duplicate post detection isn't kicking in, which I find to be very very strange. (Do we even still have that enabled/installed?)

But anyways, if we could do something to make the flood control dump you at the last page of the thread that'd be nice.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Archer said:
    I think it's the frustration of several people insisting the OP was doing the wrong thing when they weren't. It didn't look terribly personal, anyway.
    Use of Bolding, Underlining, and Italics can make people think otherwise, even if all Pachy was doing was just re-establishing the point that he is not double-clicking.

I know the culprit isn't the mouse settings or I'd be experiencing double click issues everywhere...not just on one site in my browser. :< Common sense people.
    I seem to remember you asking if you can have the answer as to why this is happening. I simply supplied a plausible answer. Also, I don't think I mentioned the culprit being the mouse setting. I said it was the server, or your internet connection. The same as what pablo just said.

I'd think that the flood control kicks in first for some reason...the duplicate post detection isn't kicking in, which I find to be very very strange. (Do we even still have that enabled/installed?)
    Yes, the double-posting detection is still enabled. However, I think it kicks in after you try to make a post again after 45 seconds, but before however long it is.

Last edited:

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • it's likely me messing with processes and sql queries trying to reduce loads.. if it happens when pc is a bit laggy. otherwise, I'm not sure.. I've not seen this happen except when its a legit double post or 'posting too fast' situation.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • It's actually intermittent. It comes and it goes, but doesn't always happen when PC is lagging. More often than not it just happens at random unpredictable times. Though I will admit that it could easily be when you're tinkering with such things that it could happen.

Still I'm not certain why it does that. I highly doubt it's anything on my end, and Steve's tinkering would explain problems server-side, unless it's a transport issue and something is getting replicated on the way over.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • What I've experienced with this is it happens when the site is being a bit laggy, but not to the point where it gives a database error. Not that it happens all the time... sometimes it'll lag and still post normally; sometimes it'll lag and give the message. Rarely, however, will it do the warning message thing (for me at least) when PC is running as normal.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • It's actually intermittent. It comes and it goes, but doesn't always happen when PC is lagging. More often than not it just happens at random unpredictable times. Though I will admit that it could easily be when you're tinkering with such things that it could happen.

Still I'm not certain why it does that. I highly doubt it's anything on my end, and Steve's tinkering would explain problems server-side, unless it's a transport issue and something is getting replicated on the way over.
    Hm... maybe I just haven't been posting very much for this to happen, I see that it's a server issue... not anything to do with the internet connection or computer.
    it's likely me messing with processes and sql queries trying to reduce loads.. if it happens when pc is a bit laggy. otherwise, I'm not sure.. I've not seen this happen except when its a legit double post or 'posting too fast' situation.
    Now that explains why Pachy has been getting these double posts occuring, I see that it is caused by the editing in the database, I think it must be because you edited something in the posting thing... so it sends a duplicate of a post, not just one.

Back