• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Two save files?

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
    Years
    i know game freak is probably not going to do this but wouldn't it be nice to have two save files that way you could leave your strong team for wi-fi and restart the game whenever u want

also i know i am going of topic but could anyone tell me how to put pictures on my sig?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2006
    That would be so cool. But I dobt they would do that. That would make it to easy for you to get all the pokemon.

Years
    But I dobt they would do that. That would make it to easy for you to get all the pokemon.
    How exactly could that help you get all pokemon? It would still be the same version of the game, with the same pokemon.

I would like to have at least two, if they are tradable between each other. So if I wanted to restart the game, I could save my pokemon.

hamir

Embrace yourselves
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    That be Awesome having 2 save files. But then again Game freak won't do it.

Years
    I think that it would be great! Because it is so much easier then! and plus if you want to start a new game you don't have to trade all of your pokemon that you want over to another game!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Well, that would be cool, but it would cut down on how long it could get, and I'm not sure that's worth it...

Besides, with both (as most people seem to be doing), you basically already have 2 save files...

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2006
    Well, it could get a lot easier to play, but it would take a lot of challenge from D/P

diageo11

Aspiring Eevee Trainer
    Years
    It would be cool cuz then my brother wouldnt have to waste money and buy another game cuz he doesnt want diamond cuz its pink and neither do i.

Whispering Winds

Kirby Dance! (>'-')> <('-'<)
    Years
    A second save file would be convenient, but I do not believe that it's going to happen. It would be nice to not have to buy one cartridge for each household member who wants a save file, but that's not the case when it comes to Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    gs135790 said:
    How exactly could that help you get all pokemon? It would still be the same version of the game, with the same pokemon.

I would like to have at least two, if they are tradable between each other. So if I wanted to restart the game, I could save my pokemon.
    You still wouldn't be able to get the version exclusive Pokemon of the other version, but you could experience starting with a new starter without having to restart your file or trade with another game.

I like the idea of 2 save files, but I doubt it will be implemented because every other main Pokemon game only has 1 save file and Nintendo doesn't seem like the type to deviate from the main formula often.

RaveGamer

The Raving Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2006
    That WOULD be nice but it probably wont happen. Then again, anything is possible ;)

Shorty

Years
    That would be a great idea but I also doubt the change will ever happen.

The beginning pokémon are suppose to be rare, no? It only makes sense that players should go through some sort of hardship to get them.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Whispering Winds said:
    A second save file would be convenient, but I do not believe that it's going to happen. It would be nice to not have to buy one cartridge for each household member who wants a save file, but that's not the case when it comes to Pokemon.

Hehe...that's what gamesave devices like the Action Replay MAX GBA/DS (that I have :D) are for...

Evilhis

i beat the elite 4 100 times
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2008
    diageo11 said:
    It would be cool cuz then my brother wouldnt have to waste money and buy another game cuz he doesnt want diamond cuz its pink and neither do i.
    umm... diamond isn't pink moron... Pearl is pink.. and diamond is blue

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
    Diamond is white...

Well, having two save files is awesome !! But...3 could be better !! This way...I can save all games with all starters...^_^

But this is a very good idea for brothers...This way, they don't need to buy two cartridges...^_^

diageo11

Aspiring Eevee Trainer
    Years
    Evilhis said:
    umm... diamond isn't pink moron... Pearl is pink.. and diamond is blue

Sorry typo, you don't need to insult me, jeasus.

Anyway you should be able to swap cuz then if you have no oe to trade with and you don't have the internet you're screwed.

Virage

Hero of Time
    Years
    Ichapokemr said:
    Hehe...that's what gamesave devices like the Action Replay MAX GBA/DS (that I have :D) are for...
    I heard that Nintendo started making the games so that the Gamesharks wear out real fast. Like it breaks them, or something. i read somewhere on the net that On the newer nintendo games a brand new gameshark was dysfuncional after only fifteen minutes of use.

Back