• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Two sets of startes?

Katakoe

Blah!
    Years
    Riiight, well I know this probahly will NEVER happen, but a girl cal dream, right?

But just things to consider: There were hints of dark, fighting and physic, and those pictures were found that were shown on serebii. Though Still no certainty they they're fake OR real. So blah. xp

But like, yeah. Maybe you can choose what set of starters you start with, by doing something differently at the beginning of the game? Or once youve finished it you can go back and use the second set of starters. Similar to the concept in Zelda.

So yeah, post your ideas.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    could you explain what you mean about zelda?i dont quite understand.

yonks and yonks ago, there was an article that talked about nintendo connsidering 1 to 5 starters, maybe there will be six and you can choose one and what ever you choose, your rival will still choose your weakness.

Katakoe

Blah!
    Years
    Uh, i mean with zelda, like, you know in windwaker once youve finished you can go through the game with his normal clothes on? o_o I mean, like, you can go through the game a second time, but just with the second set of starters.

Years
    Well, like you said that's mostly a dream :P Actually, that HAS happened before; in Emerald you get one Hoenn and Johto starter, remember? But on the other hand, this time there's no reason :P Also, I'm not sure that would be that great. But no, we don't yet know what will happen on the end of Diamond/Pearl. Maybe a Pokemon, other than a "starter" could be given as a price for beating the league or an Team Galaxy or something anyway. Finally, they never announced that the starters would be Fighting/Dark/Psychic; those were just rumors from the PokeGarden from the official Japanese Yahoo! Pocket Monsters Diamond/Pearl site.

Plateface

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2007
    I really have a funny feeling that we wont not be hearing any more news of these three FPD "starters". i think Kataoke might be right about this and this could lead to a whole new chapter of the possibilites in D/P.

So for example, when you begin the game you are given a choice whether to start on one side of the island or the other (notice on the shinou map that two sides are divided by a mountain range?)

Budsprout Town (Futaba) would feature Noetoru, Hikozaru and Potchama and the other side of the island would feature Fighthing, Psycho-one, Darkevilkid. oh my, the possibilites and only one month and a bit too the OFFICIAL RELEASE IN JAPAN! :D

EDIT:
    may i just say in addition to Ashpokemaster, a Gamefreak spokesperson did suggest from witnessing the creations of starts on Ken's desk that they would be Fighting, Psychic and Dark. i bet you all that this wont be the last we hear any official news on the starters mystery.. :)

or..maybe there are two new regions...but i doubt it.

Katakoe

Blah!
    Years
    Ash_Pokemaster said:
    Well, like you said that's mostly a dream :P Actually, that HAS happened before; in Emerald you get one Hoenn and Johto starter, remember? But on the other hand, this time there's no reason :P Also, I'm not sure that would be that great. But no, we don't yet know what will happen on the end of Diamond/Pearl. Maybe a Pokemon, other than a "starter" could be given as a price for beating the league or an Team Galaxy or something anyway.
    I don't mean them to be given as a prize, I mean as second turn. Like, you can decide to continue training up your pokes, and catching them all and whatnot, or you can start again, and go through the whole game with D/P/F pokes.

Plateface

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2007
    What do you think the chances are that there are two sets of starters?

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2008
    It's possible that you could get to choose from a second set of starters once you enter the Underground area, though that's again simply a guess. Those fake designs did look pretty cool, and their types would be more suited to the underground.

Plateface

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2007
    I loved that official looking starter set. the one with the kangaroo, triceratops and the cat. Oh i do hope something like that is in the game. if not, i will be upset. :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Gazmof said:
    It's possible that you could get to choose from a second set of starters once you enter the Underground area, though that's again simply a guess. Those fake designs did look pretty cool, and their types would be more suited to the underground.

This is the most likely scenario of all and the one that I believe will happen.

InfiniteZero

I never change my Avatar. D=
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    I really do not think we are getting 2 sets of starters. Who knows, maybe it'd be a emerald thing where you compelete your Pokedex and you get to choose the P/D/F starters.

someone1939

Just Plain Awesome
    Years
    Uhm... the creator of the Fighting / Dark / Psychic starters confessed to making them up. He goes by Purplekekleon on deviantart.com. You should check out his other art if you liked the starters, cause he's pretty much amazing.

Also, in regards to the underground area -- it's a Wi-Fi thing. Serebii has more info. It sound like it's gonna be so amazing!!!!!! Co-op dungeons and multiplayer stuff!

Kaseo

Cursed Being
    Years
    Hmmm two sets of startes would be fun...an get 1 from each XP. But then there should be more 2v2 battles^^. Hmm...I wonder what other kind of battles there'll be...if there are any.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2008
    someone1939 said:
    Uhm... the creator of the Fighting / Dark / Psychic starters confessed to making them up. He goes by Purplekekleon on deviantart.com. You should check out his other art if you liked the starters, cause he's pretty much amazing.

Also, in regards to the underground area -- it's a Wi-Fi thing. Serebii has more info. It sound like it's gonna be so amazing!!!!!! Co-op dungeons and multiplayer stuff!
    It was pretty obvious that those were fake (the purple dinosaur lacked that certain Sugimori charm) but part of me wants them to be real ;.; They had so much potential as starters.

hamir

Embrace yourselves
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    The Fighting / Dark / Psychic pokemon still must be connected to pokemon P/D.

Ria

Minx Extraordinaire
    Years
    /sips tea/ Hmm, I daresay that the concept of two sets of starter pokemon would rock more than extensively. Now, if you'll excuse me, I shall depart for my library and consider the idea further in wistful contemplation.

Toodles! /waves like a narcissist/

Back