• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Two years, four games, one world

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Do you think two years was enough time between the two sets of games? Or was it too short? Do you think a more futuristic Unova would have been cooler... set in like 20 years, with the children of the main characters (and finding out N is forever stuck as his current age???) or even if B2 was 20 years in the past, W2, 20 years in the future, so that each would be significantly different and would tie to Black and White better? Or do you think the difference between the two games was fine, and that it further cemented the ying/yang thing? Or would have you preferred a rehash of the originals in an alternate dimension for the sequels (and instead of being called sequels... alternatives I guess??? idk!) And were you expecting the gap of two years? Did it come as a cool surprise?

Share your thoughts on the two year gap between the two sets of games. n_n;

Years
  • For me the gap was perfect to be honest :) I think cause it was a sequel and therefore a continuation of events, it made sense to me that they'd be closer; I think if it had been a longer gap they'd have had a harder job of making sure that all questions raised because of this were covered :) Also because the legendaries they were dealing with were the same, they might have had to keep the two events closer together so their relevance wasn't made redundant, if that makes sense :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, two years were more than enough. This is the amount of time they usually seem to take between releasing new Pokémon games, and I'm sure a lot of us are used to it. Though, personally, I would've preferred if they had done it sooner, considering that it's a sequel and whatnot.

I suppose they had things planned already, so I'm so they could've gotten their work done early if they, themselves, had started a little more early. It's not a huge deal, however; just something that I personally would've preferred. Don't have much idea if others would want the same.

At the same time, I'm glad that they decided not to rush. This way, results would have more or less been worse, which I'm sure people wouldn't be too fond of.

Years
  • I think in 2 year unova changed too much.And unlike of black &white black 2 n white 2 attracted us.so its perfect gap im going with XtinaIsMeLuvInWWE and endless.1 more thing black n white lacked other generation pokemon which was shabby but black 2 n white 2 fulfilled them.

Years
  • I would say that while two years was a decently long time, I wonder how long it would have been for them to prepare everything between the two games. You have Route 4 being completed with construction (or abandoned), constructing the Plasma Frigate, the DNA Splicers, and the other things crucial to the story. And within that time, given that Unova only had new Pokémon, distribution must have been spread within a while. As Ashley said, that is often the typical amount of time between the release of the generation's main games and the extra game.

It may have also gave N the opportunity to realize what people and Pokémon are about, although he does see that after you beat him. There was also Cheren backing down from his strong position and becoming Gym Leader, and Bianca becoming Professor Juniper's assistant. I would believe that two years was a time sizable enough for everything that happened. In frozen Opelucid City, one of the Shadow Triad lampshades that they had a long time period to wait to get Kyurem's main transform device. But I wonder how long Victory Road was left damaged?

GoldfishHorde

Whoa! A horde of Goldfish appeared!
    Years
  • For me, two years were more than enough. This is the amount of time they usually seem to take between releasing new Pokémon games, and I'm sure a lot of us are used to it. Though, personally, I would've preferred if they had done it sooner, considering that it's a sequel and whatnot.

I suppose they had things planned already, so I'm so they could've gotten their work done early if they, themselves, had started a little more early. It's not a huge deal, however; just something that I personally would've preferred. Don't have much idea if others would want the same.

At the same time, I'm glad that they decided not to rush. This way, results would have more or less been worse, which I'm sure people wouldn't be too fond of.

The OP is referring to two years passing canon-wise between the games, not in real life. Not sure if you knew that or not, but your post made me think that you thought otherwise. If not, I apologize!

On topic, if not two years, then four years would be interesting. Granted, a lot of stuff changed over two years, so if it was four years later instead of two, who knows what might've been in store?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    The OP is referring to two years passing canon-wise between the games, not in real life. Not sure if you knew that or not, but your post made me think that you thought otherwise. If not, I apologize!

On topic, if not two years, then four years would be interesting. Granted, a lot of stuff changed over two years, so if it was four years later instead of two, who knows what might've been in store?

Oh, my mistake; misinterpreted the opening-post, haha.

Back