• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TwoFaced Unlimited

Anselection

Malicious Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    TwoFaced Unlimited
    TwoFaced Unlimited

Well, hello there. I'm Anselection. While I'm not exactly well-known, I have been here for about a year. My main goal here is to create a hack that everyone can enjoy, just like everyone else. However, the hacks my team will create will be different. They will not be centered around a legendary, an evil team, a remake, or the whole "The world was shrouded in X-amount of years of darkness. Then you came out of nowhere and saved the day!" hacks. This is not a personal attack. I simply want a new breed of hacks since the hacks nowadays seem to all have the same general thing going on. This team, if it comes off the ground and becomes what it's supposed to be, will be different. This team will be a change to hacking scene. I want to see a change in hacks. This team will be following one quote:
    "Be the change you want to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi​

Every member of this team will contribute to details on the story. Whether they come up with an event, a new character, or some brilliant features. Before you even think about applying to this team, you should ask yourselves these questions:
    • Do I show adequate skill in the position I seek?​
    • Do I have enough time to devote to the team?(If you want to join, do it AFTER finals week)​
    • How creative am I?(Your own opinion)​
    • Will I bring a positive attitude to the team?​
    If you feel the answers to those questions are good enough, then you may apply at the end of this post. This summer will be filled with spare time for mostly everyone, so it's the best time to recruit and get my little show on the road. If you feel like jumping on my wagon, I'd be glad to have you. If you're good enough, that is. The rules for this team thread are incredibly simple:​
    • All Global PokeCommunity rules are to be followed​
    • Be creative​
    • Do not be a jerk​
    • Have fun​
    I guess I should tell you a little about the storyline behind our first project. I will not reveal the name of it. You're essentially off to beat the Elite Four which is has been gone for a few years because of some events. They re-opened it for one last time in remembrance of Pokemon that died. I am being very vague with this storyline because I want no one to take the actual thing. The basic features are as follows:​
    • Fire Red style tiles​
    • The Elite Four is the VERY last thing you do in the story​
    • A good amount of Pokemon are available in the game​
    • The legendary Pokemon(if any) will have sidequests in order to capture them​
    • Many, many, MANY quests in the game before you reach the End Game​
    With every team, comes a list of recognition(or so PokeCommunity requires) See to it that your name gets put on this list if I accept you:​
    • Anselection: Creator; Script; Map​
    • MKSSB(JorgeZero): Help on anything​
    • M.L: Backup Tile Insertion​
    • Seamon: Script​
    • Anbuja's_BlooDy: Overworld Sprite / Insert; Tile insert​
    Still with me? Then you're ready to see the application. If I've interested you, fill out this form and post it as a reply to this thread.​

Spoiler:

Thank you for reading my thread. Whether you apply or not, I appreciate your time. For those who do apply, best of luck to you.​

*This thread, to the best of my knowledge, follows all global Pokecommunity rules and the rules required for this section of the forums. If a moderator has any problems, please contact me via PM or VM and we will sort it out.

Last edited:

Anselection

Malicious Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Currently need someone who is good at doing OW sprites / trainer sprites.

Tryndamere

the Barbarian King.
    Years
    Position- Mapper, text editor.
    quantity of time that I can devote- well its my vacations so I am almost free......just that I get up from sleep late.
    Proof- Attached
    Timezone-5:30
    Contact Information- PM, VM
    Greatest Attributes - editing maps physically.
    Flaws - I mess up when making warps......heh heh.
    Story-I am not a good story maker.
    Why I want to join - I am making this because I like the idea.
    Extra notes- If I am not accepted because of the story thing its okay
    Anyway I got a large team and I make my own hacks.

Last edited:

Anselection

Malicious Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Rejected. Sorry, but your indoor map is VERY empty. Also, if you're going to map, show at least 3 maps as proof. Also, not having the story severely hurt your application. My decision stands as rejected. Try to improve and reapply at a later time. I'm sure there are a few mapping tutorials in the ROM hacking section of the forums.

Anselection

Malicious Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    In need of tile inserters, OW Spriters / inserters, and other applicants. Please and thank you.

ruup20

Gonna splash everybody!
    Years
    What position are you applying for:mapper,trainer editor, mabe some tile insertion, sprite insertion, basic scripter, tile maker( a bit).
    Tell me how much time you can devote a week:10 hours
    Write a two paragraph(at least) creative story(it can be sad, funny, dramatic, or anything else): (You mean a storyline?(I am not good at this!)) After 200 years of batteling between groudon and kyogre, groudon has victory, everything turns into desert and the humans are living underground now, The professor asks you to find the last water spring, but first... you have to beat groudon and his friend heatran!
    Show proof of work for the position you are applying for: See attachements I am planning to put a gas station in that desert map and that house i am not done the way in the desert is made by Alistar and the desert ground by me.
    Give me your timezone: Amstardam, paris
    Greatest attributes:Mapper
    Flaws(be honest, if I find them myself, you will possibly be booted for not forewarning me):Sometimes tile insertion doesn't work and I make some tile errors
    Why you want to join this team: It's fun!
    Contact information: VM/PM

Anselection

Malicious Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Hmm. I wanna see some more tile insertion. Try to insert these tiles into a Fire Red ROM. (Just trying to see if you can do it.) Edit the palettes as well. If you can do that, we'll talk further.
    The tiles I want to see if you can insert are as follows:
    The 2nd tree, all the paths, small grass and long grass, and just for good measure, pick one of the houses to insert. I know this is a slightly big project, but I just wanna see if you're up to it. VM me with your progress or add me on MSN:
    [email protected]
    Welcome to PokeCommunity, btw. Since I see you've joined recently.
    Credits to Wesley FG
    Spoiler:

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    hello i dont think im gana join until i see you need me but you seem to reject people really quickly lol but im gana just do this anyway

What position are you applying for:tiles maps i dont have proof atm
    Tell me how much time you can devote a week:a few hours a day
    Write a two paragraph(at least) creative story(it can be sad, funny, dramatic, or anything else): chuck norris an slam a revolving door hahaha ;)
    Show proof of work for the position you are applying for:
    Give me your timezone:gmt +2 i think
    Greatest attributes:i dunno what you meen
    Flaws(be honest, if I find them myself, you will possibly be booted for not forewarning me):uhm i do make erros im a normal human duh and well i suck at mapping towns im better a t routes
    Why you want to join this team:well i will be an inase member if you really need help i will take a day to do it
    Contact information:pm vm or maybe msn

i have kinda started a rom base and its in well a beta version but here you can use this as proof

i said its in beta so dont look at pewter and cerulean is a snow city and i have only done thye mountains so far and im still fixing them up lol

Attachments

• proof.ips
      32.6 KB · Views: 2

arstover

poke-hacking studios
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2013
    Can I join as story maker

Hi, Im arstover. I am very creative. That is why I want to join the team as a story maker.
    I can give 2-4 hours a day working on the hack.
    Also I am very basic at scripting. I can do give iteam battles and all that but here's that proof-

#org $application
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $talk
    $talk 1 = I use pokescript\n ok?\p Thanks.
    boxset 6
    release
    end

and my story proof Im working on.
    Thanks and I hope I can join the team!

time zone UTC +1

Last edited:

Anselection

Malicious Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    @M.L: You seem to know what you're doing with tile insertion. But, you also said you're here incase I desperately need help. So, I may call you on that, but I will stick you on the team list as back-up inserter. Congratulations on getting in.
    Arstover: waiting on your story. However, if you improve onto more difficult scripts, I can put you in as one of the scripters. Also, can you try switching on XSE? I'd feel more comfortable if you used that.

Tryndamere

the Barbarian King.
    Years
    Maybe I should reapply now as a scripter.
    Position= Intermediate Scripter.
    Time that I can devote = a couple of hours a day
    Timezone = +5:30
    Greatest attributes= Person events
    Flaws= I too make mistakes......I screw up making tile scripts and hiding sprites.
    contact info= VM or PM
    Reason for joining this team= I like the idea
    Proof= here [Rocket trio script from story of the rocket]
    '---------------
    #org 0x807AA5
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0xBBC
    if 0x1 goto 0x8807C54
    applymovement 0x5 0x8807A9E
    applymovement 0x6 0x8807AA2
    waitmovement 0x0
    msgbox 0x880791E MSG_NORMAL '"Jesse: Prepare for trouble!\nJames..."
    setflag 0xBBC
    release
    end

'---------------
    #org 0x807C54
    msgbox 0x8807C7D MSG_NORMAL '"Meowth: Let us prepare for another..."
    applymovement 0x5 0x8807C73
    applymovement 0x6 0x8807C78
    waitmovement 0x0
    clearflag 0xBBC
    release
    end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x80791E
    = Jesse: Prepare for trouble!\nJames: And make it double!\lJesse: To protect the world from\ldevastation!\lJames: To unite all people within\lour nation!\lJesse: To denounce the evils of\ltruth and love!\lJames: To extend our reach to the\lstars above!\lJesse! James!\lJesse: Team Rocket blasting off at\lthe speed of light!\lJames: Surrender now or prepare to\lfight!\lMeowth: Meowth that's right!

#org 0x807C7D
    = Meowth: Let us prepare for another\ntake.

'-----------
    ' Movements
    '-----------
    #org 0x807A9E
    #raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
    #raw 0x3 'Face Right
    #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x807AA2
    #raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
    #raw 0x2 'Face Left

#org 0x807C73
    #raw 0x1 'Face Up
    #raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
    #raw 0x0 'Face Down

#org 0x807C78
    #raw 0x1 'Face Up
    #raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
    #raw 0x0 'Face Down

Story[why didn't you tell me before that we can put a starter story]=
    Zack, a member of the the notorious gang Avanlache set out in his car towards another raid.
    The Avalanche is a gang infamous for its raids on innocent people across the region of Molten.
    The molten region contrary to its name is full of water.
    They use their Gyradoses to destroy towns.
    They are true villains. They are evil.

Soon enough their leader Phill succeed in catching Kyogre.
    At last Phill's lifelong ambition is complete.
    Kyogre is his. With its power , not forgeting to mention that he uses Kyogre ruthlessly, Phill is the new Champion.
    No one is able to face him. Even the best had to accept defeat.

The Sea waves rise in fury , Skys thunder and the land trembles.
    But the people believe in Prophecy.
    Patiently awaiting its fullfillment.
    In the time of dire need a warrior of light shall come and save the world.

Zack was a true man to Phill , that villianious to you and me.
    "Zack! kill and finish this 'hero' chracter"
    'Kill the hero?' thought Zack. "The hero which our mommies told stories of"
    But work was work and he had to do it.
    We are the hero and we have to save the region.

Anselection

Malicious Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    @Seamon: This is, so far, the most impressive application on this thread so far. I liked the script(The Jesse / James / Meowth theme song from the TV series actually played in my head as I read it). The story was actually pretty entertaining. It set up for a decent plot. The only thing I think you could've done to improve your application anymore is to wrap the script in Code tags or a spoiler. Well done. I'm pleased to accept you as a Scripter.

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    ohk that rom base is very well in progress lol..... any way i only said i would help incase you really need me because i had exams so put me on the team because EXAMS ARE OVER ;) i can do almost well everything but if you need me to insert really well you must give me time because if you want it perfect it takse some time lol are you gana use the rom base for your actual hack but ohk if you want tiles inserted by me send ips and the tiles you want inserted ohk .... :)

Anselection

Malicious Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Actually, I was thinking on sending you an .IPS with a picture of tiles and I was going to tell you what tiles to insert. It'd also be great if you can change the palettes to that, too. Are you up for it?

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
    Years
    What position are you applying for: ow spriter i may be an inserter too but im to busy for insertning im helping other people
    Tell me how much time you can devote a week: for u 2 days a week but full days i tell when im not busy
    Write a two paragraph(at least) creative story(it can be sad, funny, dramatic, or anything else): hummmm...wait a sec.:hero: man this was hard...
    you think this was hard wait till u see my brother he will crush u
    man why have u to be so dramatically
    man he is the best he beats u!
    well see that
    okay!!!(i dont even know what i am writting)
    Show proof of work for the position you are applying for ows:
    Spoiler:
    those ows have an own style but i can make ows from fr style too
    tile insertion go to my DA https://anbuja.deviantart.com/ all tiles are inserted by me
    Give me your timezone:now it is 11:34 here done know which timezone means
    Greatest attributes:im lets say an graphic hacker i can chnage the textboxes tiles pals maps battleboxes the battlebackground but im getting still an error and such atowind im pretty good too
    Flaws(be honest, if I find them myself, you will possibly be booted for not forewarning me):im bad at english and badder at grammatik so sometimes u might not get what im writting from the mistakes and i dont understand what flaws are so sorry:D
    Why you want to join this team: dont know why but i want to join a team and not be an leader
    Contact information: pm vm whenever u need me:)

Last edited:

Anselection

Malicious Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    May I ask what country you're from? And I'll try very hard to understand your english. I'm going to put you in as OW spriter / Insertion / Tile insertion.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
    Years
    May I ask what country you're from? And I'll try very hard to understand your english. I'm going to put you in as OW spriter / Insertion / Tile insertion.

im from kosovo i know u wont know where that is thought its the same timezone as in germany after its neraby germany it near albania if u knnow where taht is than:) well my grammatik is horrible so u might have sometimes problems with me:D
    if u have soeting to do for me in ow or maybe insertion or wanting some proff in insertion i am not busy right now:)

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    proof why anbuja your awsome at inserting .... i will do more mapping here than insertion i havnt been in the mood to insert atm lol anyway...... anbuja i finally inserted the 3D water style :D yay finally got it..... i hate inserting houses they always seem to have more than 15 palletes for meh.... i dunno why and i end up recolouring haha but m not bad at recolouring since add colours together that work

Anselection

Malicious Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Anbuja's currently working on some OW's. So, are you up for the tile insertion right now?

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    depends what you want inserted lol i will do it ja lol i will hahaha what must i insert?

Back