• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Types, is that all?

mewtwo87

Sk8er
    Years
    I remember when I first encuontered steel and dark type. I felt lied to. I was just thinking. There isn't anymore types I should know about is there, other than what's on Ruby and Sapphire? Are they planning on making more types?

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    No, there are no more new types in R/S. Doubt there are plans for any new types either, the 16 types we have already are fairly balanced, and besides, more types means more confusion and more remembering of type difference (I only learned of Dark's fighting weaknesses in R/S for example, cos I never used a Dark type in G/S).

mewtwo87

Sk8er
    Years
    I dont think more confusion is a bad thing. I think it would be more usefull for strategy and stuff. I think, the more complicated the better. Anyway, I meant in Japan or anything, because the only reason I never knew about it is that I never looked into the Japanese versions and cards and stuff. Just making sure that these are the only types all the way to where they make them.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    err... it is indeed quite complicated already... the type system may not seem that way, but all the things behind Pokemon game are VERY complicated (which is often underrated by stupid critics who just play the ingame part of the Pokemon game). Refer to what I said in the new type (Pokemon general) thread about my views on new types... I'm too lazy to retype the essay out.

This isn't exactly strategy so I'll throw this back to RS.

Mew9

Ready to win in tourney!!
    Years
    also, dark and steel were introduced in Gold/Silver for GBC. The only changes in R/S were like psychic isn't super effective against ghost nemore, and mayb a few others.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Isn't Plasma a certain layer of something in your blood (if you can get the different densities of stuff in there to seperate)? If they make all real elements, Pokemon is going to be way too complicated. You'll be seeing Mercury type Pokemon walking around. Plus the'yll have to incorporate all that into the shows and I don't think nuclear Pokemon would be friendly.

The Kraig

The Evil Scotsman
    Years
    The current pokemon types are fine. Each has weaknesses and strengths, there's no reason to change it. I think the main reason behind the introduction of Dark and Steel types were to stop Psychic trainers just beating everything in their path.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2004
    I think the types that exist right now are all that is needed. I do believe that they should balance it out a little better though. Such as beefing up an underpowered type like grass or poison. Just my opinion though :-P

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Are there any more types needed? It like Rock Paper Sizcors. It's enough.

Also are there any good types to have.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Actually I do believe in sound type because breaking normal types into 2 categories of sound and normal will make it so that there's less repetition and Pokemon repulicates... plus grass needs some new way to be "less weak" than right now... it's strong against water and ground which is pretty nice, but like every other type is resistant to it, and so many types are strong against grass O.o;

Mew9

Ready to win in tourney!!
    Years
    yes, plasma is stuf in ur blood, but the plasma their referring to is the stuff the stars and sun is made of. Thats another kind of plasma, which is like a cross of lava, lightening, and fire.

Poke'gangster

Banned
    Years
    I don't think Poke'mon Proctactinium would be very easy. I don't think Pokemon Neptuneium would be easy as well.Though Pokemon with the Oxygen element. You'd be kidding right. Though my friends think there should be more types that relate to Digimon such as machine. Deoxys could be machine. I think there should be a light type, and wind type, But everything is balanced out already. ;)

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Machine=Steel? Wind=Flying?? Oxygen Pokemon? I'd take a breath and they'd end up in my lungs then to my blood cells. Hmmm...kill me from inside my cells? Light type is okay I guess. Another counter to Dark...or amybe cancel each other out? Cause Dark and Light are like....ummm...I don't know how to say it.

Jacob Madrox

Go Smoke your lungs out
    Years
    I feel they should add 2-3 more types, like Wind, Light, etc. Basically, I have the type thing memorized COMPLETELY, I love the games to death, but it really needs more types

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    *is too lazy to type out his essay against wind and light element*

How about we all just refer to the new Pokemon type thread in Pokemon general? And... if we continue to change to a topic of "what new elements should be added" then I'll just close this and link it to Pokemon general's thread that already got a few pages of this.

mewtwo87

Sk8er
    Years
    I see that they made dark type to counter psycic type, but why did they have to make dark type so weak. Do you ever notice how dark moves are so weak compared to other types? They should make another type that is resistant to dark( maybe light) so that they can make stronger dark pokemon. Pure dark too, not mixes.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    dark moves are weak? when did that happen O.o; Houndoom, Umbreon and especially Tyranitar are some of the most powerful Pokemon out there... Umbreon is pure dark as well (and one fo the best mean looker in game). Tyranitar's sandstream screws up a lot of Pokemon, especially flail/reversal/berry abusers. Witht he ability to dragon dance up to sweep, Tyranitar is one of the strongest Pokemon ever.

Once again, light type is one of the worst possible idea... refer to that thread in Pokemon general.

Back