• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Types of Eevees?

Years
  • Blah... I'm in one of those bored-depressed moods where nothing I usually like to do is entertaining, and I feel like doing something so ludicrously boring that it might make me feel normal again.

I have a Jolteon, Flareon and Vaporeon on my beaten Pearl file that I'm using for storage, and was thinking of breeding them and stuff and then trying to get Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon and Glaceon. Would this be worth it, or is it just a stupid waste of time? o.0

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Leftie has a got a good point. It's always good to get more into the pokedex

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • If you want good Pokemon you're fighting with, don't use Eeveelutions, except Vaporeon and only if you have a decently-powered Hidden Power Electric lolz >_> breed for Umbreon and stop there. Mamoswine or Froslass will accomplish what Glaceon will, better. Venusaur and Roserade will do the same to outclass Leafeon. As for Espeon, the list is VERY long. All three lake spirits come to mind without even thinking.

Umbreon, on the other hand, is at the very least unique.

I complimented an Eeveelution, SHOOT ME

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • All of the Eevees are very capable Pokemon, even more so if you breed them from an Egg, start to finish.

I personally adore every single "Eeveelution" there is, and I've just recently started breeding one of each Eevee.

Whenever I do an online battle with just all Eevee, and I win against legendaries and hacked / altered Pokemon, I wish I could see the faces of the other player.

The other day I beat a guy who had all Mewtwo with just level29-38 (Scaled to Lv.50) Eevee.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2017
    The eevee evolutions are as strong as 3rd evolution pokemon. I have a vaporeon as a primary member of my platinum team.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • If you want good Pokemon you're fighting with, don't use Eeveelutions, except Vaporeon and only if you have a decently-powered Hidden Power Electric lolz >_> breed for Umbreon and stop there. Mamoswine or Froslass will accomplish what Glaceon will, better. Venusaur and Roserade will do the same to outclass Leafeon. As for Espeon, the list is VERY long. All three lake spirits come to mind without even thinking.

Umbreon, on the other hand, is at the very least unique.

I complimented an Eeveelution, SHOOT ME

Except for the fact that all three lake pokemon are incredibly fail. Lol. I think Jolteon, Umbreon, and Vaporeon all have very respectable roles in OU metagame. Vapoeon and Umbreon are both very useful if you know what your doing with them.

But to address the original poster- I think you should go for al of them. They are all cool designs at least (Barr Glaceon:p), and are cool pokes.

The other day I beat a guy who had all Mewtwo with just level29-38 (Scaled to Lv.50) Eevee.

He must have had absolutely no idea how to battle lol. Even if someone had a decent UU/NU team, and Eeveeloution team shouldn't be that hard to take down. They are all pretty predictable.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
  • I used to have a Leafeon as a member of my team during my last run through on Pearl. It was a very good Pokemon and did a great job in completing my team of grass Pokemon.
    I'm on a quest right now to collect all the Eeveelutions. I got one from Bebe and evolved it into a Leafeon. I also caught one in the Trophy garden and evolved it into a Jolteon. I planned to catch more and collect all of them but got bored too quickly and gave up.

mesmerized

Que Quowle
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2010
    I breed eevees. Why? Because they're so darn cute. If someone wants one pm me with an offer. (:
    Anyways, I'm going to have a full group of eevees and its going to be awesome.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Breed them if you need them for the Pokedex, that's what I did. But honestly, Jolteon and Vaporeon are the only two I find myself using on a regular basis. Umbreon is also useful (even if it doesn't match my battle style) but the others are outclassed by superior Pokemon. Particularly Flareon.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Flareon is Surprizingly underrated.
    It's an awesome physical attacker.
    The only problem it suffers is that it's speed lets it down.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah, breed them all.

And the only one you should let evolve before it stops learning Eevee moves is Flareon.

And they all look good bar. Glaceon, which looked good in the anime.

Back