• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Types that could use a fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
  • As I sit here making teams for my Pokemon white version I find some pokemon I like but the types are just not worth using.

Ice. This element has a lot of weaknesses and only one resistance which happens to be itself. Offence wise Ice moves are among my favorite but I can't bring myself to use some I realy like such as walrein or vanilluxe because of the lousy weakness/reistance placing. It would be realy nice if they could give it an extra resistance or something. Perhaps a resistance to grass and water since they are both naturaly frozen. A trap move like stealth rock and spikes could be applied to ice in a very unique way aswell. A move the could freeze the floor of the battlefield. It could pose a number of different problems to non ice types such as:
    lowering speed
    lowering evasivness
    Giving a chance for "slip-ups" or failing to attack or even hurt themselves

Poison is a type I don't find myself using often because it has terrible coverage with its primary stab that is only deadly to grass types which usualy have a poison sub type to resist it anyway. Perhaps if they boosted the damage of poison typed moves so that the stab they do have is a bit more powerful. Like a 95 or 100 damage sludge bomb. Or another option would be to give the condition "poisoned" an added stat drop like burn's attack drop and the speed loss of paralysis. poisoning could lower something like special attack to work like burn or maybe a defence stat to make its stab moves inflict more damage when used. Similar to how venoshock works.

Just a few things I felt like talking about at the moment.

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • A move the could freeze the floor of the battlefield. It could pose a number of different problems to non ice types such as:
    lowering speed
    lowering evasivness
    Giving a chance for "slip-ups" or failing to attack or even hurt themselves

Maybe they would make a move kind of like how you are describing in the later generations of Pokemon. But if they were to make a move like that then people would make a huge argument stating that "Ice type Pokemon already have hail and its not fair that they get another advantage move" you know something like that.

:t354:TG

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    I think only Ice and Poison could use a fix, as you stated above. But I guess Ghost and Dark could use more/different coverage. It annoys me that they have the same coverage.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • People also like to forget about grass and bug, they're pretty frail...but now that I think about it Ice is pretty frail too but if you make it too overpowered all the dragon users would start complaining too. Especially Clair and Lance....and Cynthia's Garchomp wouldn't be as intimidating either....

Aeonz361

Army of 1
    Years
  • Well I think bug got somewhat of a revamp in this gen what with Crustle, Accelgor, and Escavalier to name a few. In my opinion the weakest type that definitely needs a revamp is poison!

Years
  • Bug Pokemon

I've always felt like bug pokemon needed to be buffed a bit, maybe with a little more special defense and special attack not alot but a little bit more, and it also would be cool if bug pokemon had a some more moves to pick from and learned bug type moves at an earlier level.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • There is already a thread discussing the type chart and what improvements you think it might need.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back