• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Types you never use?

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2020
    I try to avoid dual type pokemon because I'm not that advanced. Definitely psychic type, I am definitely not in the correct environment for a pokemon of that much power!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    In the main games I have zero use for poison, ghost, rock, or steel. A few others like fighting and bug I'll use but only if they're on a dual-typed mon with a more useful other type.

calenlily

Water trainer with a Rowlet addiction
    Years
    Rock, poison, and dragon I think I've used once each ever. Normal I pretty much only use when they're dual-types or HM slaves. I didn't used to use bug or ghost much but they've been growing on me lately. I rarely use grass in general, but I nearly always use the Rowlet line when I'm playing Gen 7.

Years
    i never use normal and steel type pokemon. never been fond of normal types for battles. steel types are ok and defensive but i can't even remember the last time i used one :/

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
    Bug, Normal, and Fairy.

Never used them types, most likely shall never use them.
    No Pokémon in those types catch my attention.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    i tend to avoid rock, ground, steel, and fighting types, so generally types that were once the physical side of the spectrum. idk i just prefer to focus on fire, water, electric, ie. what was considered special back in the day. i think it has to do with the color scheme though lol i'm not a huge fan of brown.

ironically, one of my favorite pokemon is alolan dugtrio and it's ground/steel and mostly brown. oh well!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Normal: Dont the lane normal-type doesnt do very much damage to much anything and rock/steel type laughs at you while attempting to brick their immense solid wall and if you dont have scrappy, Ghost will just mock you for using a normal-type.

Ice: No secondary typing or bad secondary typing, I rather stay away from fragile typing. Ice just like rock-type but SPECIAL DEFENSE sided and much rock/steel and fighting type will one-shot you with their physical moves can eat you for breakfast.

Grass: Like I said if was bad typing or no typing, I wont use any of them with a single typing or dual-typing that smells trouble (Grass/Fairy or Grass/Psychic) and think coverage moves most of its weakness.

Steel: Steel meets flame thrower user and fire blast user, how much they can tolerate to that because having very high defense stats and not much Sp. Def stats

Back