• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Typing problems

Arctic Master

The Ice trainer
Years
  • I decided to revive one of my fics again today. Yet, when I posted the finished product, I saw the spacing between paragraphs crushed together in one large wall of text and the coding for certain symbols, like the quotations or the tags, negated and transformed into code. I had to resort to using the coding I saw on both my signature and of the previous posts I've made to bypass the problem, but apprently, I'm still seeing the coding, whenever I want to edit it. Do you think it's a problem with my computer or the site?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I decided to revive one of my fics again today. Yet, when I posted the finished product, I saw the spacing between paragraphs crushed together in one large wall of text and the coding for certain symbols, like the quotations or the tags, negated and transformed into code. I had to resort to using the coding I saw on both my signature and of the previous posts I've made to bypass the problem, but apprently, I'm still seeing the coding, whenever I want to edit it. Do you think it's a problem with my computer or the site?

It would help if you gave an example of exactly what coding you're having trouble with.

Arctic Master

The Ice trainer
    Years
  • Okay, whenever I go back and revise, the coding < p>< /p> would appear at the beginning and end of the paragraph. Spacing would need the code < p>&nb sp;< /p> (without the space in the middle) and the quotations come out like this: "

Oddly enough, it doesn't do this, when I'm on another forums, though I haven't tested all of the forums I've joined to see if they appeared there.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • It appears you are trying to use HTML, which is disabled here on the Pokecommunity. Just use the enter button to separate paragraphs.

Arctic Master

The Ice trainer
    Years
  • ^^; Uuuh, bigger problem. Can't get to the editor on the toolbar above. I clicked on it and it didn't change anything. Tried all the other buttons too and that didn't work.[spaced here]As for clearing out my temporary files, I did yesterday and no dice. Here's the other problem I mentioned, the paragraphs collide together. Where it says "spaced here" is where I had double spaced the paragraph and yet, they collided in. This is not intentional. >_<

Back