• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tyson: The Beginning

Years
  • The sun was rising beyond the horizon of trees in the region of Sinnoh, where the sky was a deep purple colour. A young boy woke from his slumber and yawned slowly, stretching out his stiff arms and opened his endless, coal-black eyes. He kicked off his quilt and got out of bed, tired and weary from the previous starry night. All he remembered was dancing around his bedroom until midnight, dreaming about starting his Pokémon journey.

"Tyson, breakfast!" shouted Lola Brass from the kitchen on the first floor of their house in the beautiful Twinleaf Town. "Jam on toast!"

Tyson brushed his teeth over the sink in the bathroom and got changed, throwing his pyjamas into the basket in his bedroom. Quickly, he hopped down the stairs and was engulfed by the smell of his mother's mouth-watering cooking: jam on toast, then a gorgeous round of eggs and bacon. He sat down on the table and said to Lola,

"What time is it?"

Tyson's mother dropped two eggs from her pan and onto a plate, over a large piece of bacon.

"Half-past eleven, dear; you have thirty minutes to get ready. Are you excited?"

She placed the plate of food in front of her son.

"Obviously!" Seeing his mother's slight look of great dismay, Tyson carried on, "But I'm going to miss you, Mum; I'll visit loads – fly to the house with my super cool Staraptor!" He punched his fist into the air and grinned.

"I'm glad to hear it, dear." Lola kissed Tyson's bushy brown hair. Having finished his breakfast already because of the sheer excitement, he put on his trademark white hat and rolled the underneath over the bottom half of the Poké Ball image. Then,
    he slung his prepared satchel over his shoulder and looked at his mother.

"Your Town Map and Journal is in there, hun, I've prepared it all for you. All boys leave some day: it said so on TV. You just go out there and get them, sweetie." For a second time, Lola kissed Tyson, this time on the forehead, and simply let the tears well up in her eyes. "Oh, almost forgot!" She handed him a can of something. "It's Repel, so when you're going through Route two-hundred-and-one, you won't get attacked by Wild Pokémon."

Tyson nodded, and walked to the door.

"I'm going to make you proud of me, Mum."

"Don't worry, Tyson. I already am."

He shut the door and left his house.

On his Town Map, it read that the next town was Sandgem Town, where Professor Rowan lived. Thinking about it made Tyson shiver with the incredible thrill of what was happening – he, Tyson Brass, was going to train a Pokémon – he was going to get all eight badges of Sinnoh and he was going to defeat the Elite Four. Yes, that was it.

There was the large banging of pewter against clay as a door in the town shut loudly and quickly. All Tyson saw was a familiar face run past, brushing her sweet-scented brown hair past his face and then a girl running into the tall grass outside the town. Tyson rolled his eyes as he watched impatient Sara run along to Professor Rowan's laboratory to collect her Pokémon.

He had to beat her, he had to get one first…

Tyson started running as fast as he could, into the route, a step from the tall grass – and then into it… He realised he was vulnerable to Pokémon assaults… cute little Pokémon he would train when he was able to catch some… It was amazing! The wondrous feeling of knowing they could be yours someday – and this was pure reality. Not a fairytale – reality.
    Running past Sara with a smile…

"Hi, Sara," he yelled over his shoulder. Out of the grass, and into it.

From the side, a Starly was charging at his direction at full pace. Was it going to attack? It raised its beak to Tyson's leg; he cringed to get ready for the sharp pain he expected – but he felt a soft tickle on his kneecap. The little Starly was rubbing its head against Tyson comfortably. Although it was a rather jolly feeling, he had to keep going. He waved at the Starly with a regretful expression on his face and jumped out of the tall grass with a forward flip, landing eagle-spread.

"HELP! IT'S GOING TO GET ME! I SAY, HELP ME!" The scream was coming from another patch of grass, over where the tree's were: to save someone, or to start an adventure for Tyson's own personal gain? He sprinted in the direction of the screams and looked out into the short distance. There was an old man in a white coat climbing up a weak tree. It would snap at any moment. Tyson ran forward and looked down – what was the old man scared of?

A small, cute Pokémon was waving it's arms about in a rapid rage, screaming and shouting. "Munch, Lax, Munchlax, Munchlax!"

"What should I do, sir?" Tyson shouted to the elderly person.

"In my bag, boy, there's a ball! Throw it at this little monster while it's not looking: and hurry, this tree is about to snap!"

Tyson silently picked up a small ball from a bag sitting on the ground. It looked like a Poké Ball but had a strange, unidentifiable blue marking on it. No, it couldn't be a Poké Ball, it couldn't. Throwing it at the Pokémon as hard and fast as Tyson could; spinning through the air, about to capture the small Munchlax.

It jumped out of the way and saw Tyson.

It opened his arms, and let out a huge laugh, running forwards at the only thing in sight.

Tyson started backing off, but it was no use… it was about to devour him for sure…

He found himself collapsing under the weight of the Munchlax hugging him.

About a metre away, a wild Bidoof kicked the Great Ball into Tyson's flailing right hand, and before he knew it, the object hit the Munchlax and there was a beam of fluorescent scarlet light. The ball shook once… silence… twice… such shock for Professor Rowan and Tyson… thrice… caught.

"I am surprised at the events today, Tyson, and I am sorry about what you had to go through with that little rascal." Professor Rowan clenched his fist and stiffened his jaw. "So, you have come from Twinleaf Town in search of a Pokémon? Very well then.
    "You caught the Munchlax with great ease and it obviously seems to like you more than it likes me…" the professor dusted his blue, buttoned shirt. "You can have the Munchlax." He handed Tyson the Great Ball: and he took it.
    "Thank you very much, Professor Rowan, this is an honour. My Mum said I would need a Pokédex or something…"
    The old man nodded four times. "I give all new Trainers a Pokédex to record data on all of the Pokémon they see in the region. Are you happy fulfilling this duty?" Tyson nodded. He received the small, rather sophisticated object along with five Poké Balls, which he put in his satchel.

Outside the lab, he let his Munchlax out of his Great Ball.
    Only to be knocked down and hugged once again.

Last edited:

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
  • was rising beyond the horizon of trees in the region of Sinnoh, where the sky was a deep purple colour.

What was rising beyond the horizon of trees? I'm assuming the sun.

The story itself is good, just work on spacing your dialogue out because blocks of texts are unappealing to the reader.

Back