• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: uber::March 2005 // Pok?mon Dirt Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kraig

The Evil Scotsman
    Years
    This has had awesome progress since the last time I visited, great work. I've busy playing the current beta right now, again, awesome. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2005
    Any updates? Please don't give up on this one! This is the best hack I've ever seen :D

Han-Wen

I'm just...me
    Years
    firemaster said:
    just came to say im still alive.

I usually work on this for a month and do my other top secret project for a month. Thats why i havent updated alot for a lil while.
    He hasn't given up yet. Obviously, he's working on his top secret project.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Well, I suppose I'll post now, since I absolutely love this! The idea is great! And the screenshots look wonderful! Keep on trucking, as they say. ;)

firemaster

Art Martyr
    Years
    Well, im back again....

Like i said earler, i do this for a month and then i work on something else for a month.

...think its been more than a month, but im back at it again.

Recent changes include adding the weather cycles to more towns (was just in the first few until recent work was done).

That took alot of time, weather scripting is confusing....

Anyways, be sure to check back soon.

oh, BTW, i got the first cave so it is also affected by weather. If its humid elsewhere (rainy) it will be foggy in the cave....

I wasted alot of time trying to get weather to work in the town of clearwater, only to realizei had the offset off by one.... d'oh!

also, somewhere along the way i messed up the guy that gives you yer starter. Im gonna take it as a posative and try and make the replacement cooler and slicker than before....

Well, thats my update, rock on
    -firemaster

* Jade *

Banned
    Years
    • Age 49
    • Seen Dec 9, 2005
    Wow, you are back. Can't wait for more progress on other things with Dirt Brown.

Treecko Fan 12

Lloyd, Eternal Swordsman!
    Years
    This hack is so cool. All the things in this hack are what I've wanted from Pokemon games. Finally my dreams will come true ^_^. How long until the next beta?

firemaster

Art Martyr
    Years
    NEW BETA AS OF TODAY!!!!
    YOU CAN FEEL THE LEETNESS OF REALISTIC WEATHER
    TRY FISHING THE NEW WAY!
    CHECK OUT THE NEW BERRY STSTEM, REPLACING THE OLD GLITCHY ONE FROM RUBY

feedback requested! Its a beta for testing! that means if you find a bug tell me please!
    Also, comments on weather, jig-fishing, and berry picking are wanted!

The beta is here: for RUBY! https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=14779&page=1&pp=25

the first post has all the info!

You need an emulator such as Visual Boy advance to play. Please take questions like that to another thread, this is not the place

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    I have some feedback. For some reason whenever I load your beta the screen just goes white. Why is this?

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Nice beta.... I really like your hack, good job! =) Oh as for the screen going white, there is this option in the options menu you can change to fix that. *doesn't remember*

firemaster

Art Martyr
    Years
    blueguy said:
    I have some feedback. For some reason whenever I load your beta the screen just goes white. Why is this?

did you patch it over a FRESH ruby rom?

does your emulator work?

is your emulator in paused mode?

try pressing the a and b buttons....it does pause at a black screen and you have to press a or b.

Treecko Fan 12

Lloyd, Eternal Swordsman!
    Years
    Does the beta end at that place that's the big field. And by the way, I walked into a building at the forest rest stop, then walked out and I was at Clearwater Gym. Freaky.

Last edited:

KiraYamato

Sumyungai
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    Well either I'm blind or its not there... because all I see on the first post attached is pictures, no file. I'd love to play the beta but I really dont see the link.

Han-Wen

I'm just...me
    Years
    Congrats on the "uber" topic title firemaster! Ya really earned it!

Played the beta, and it was great! Total 1337ness and pwnage

I finished the game with: A Rattata, a Pikachu, and a shiny (GASP!!!!) Pidgey
    Note: I did NOT use any cheat device of any sort for the shiny Pidgey. It just came up unexpectedly while I was looking for a Pikachu.

Some suggestions:
    - Lvl 5 starter instead of lvl 3
    - It was a bit hard to train for the gym, since there wasn't much trainers.
    - Put some more trainers on the beach and in the forest (closer to Dirtmud Town).
    - Also, you might have to block the entrance to the 2nd gym until the 1st gym is finished.
    - Gym trainers!!!! And make the gym bigger, if you will...

btw, the fence was on Route 116, not the 2nd city.

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
    Years
    Oooh!Congrats FM for Taking the uber from me. J/K Congrats.
    Anyway The beta looks yummy, I'm going to try it out.

Hey Do you have MSN - Kira Check the first post for a beta.

~ CC

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back