• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: uber::March 2005 // Pok?mon Dirt Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemaster

Art Martyr
    Years
    hehe... thanks guys

yer not suppose to be able to get to gym 2... i accidentally messud up the warps in the east forest (AKA. rest stop)

well, thats why its a beta...

anyways, here are some more screenies for you guys!
    the juicemaker was harder to script that it would seem.... still easy y comparison though....

Last edited:

firemaster

Art Martyr
    Years
    just one more screenie....

shows a bit of what i've been doing lately (wasted alot of time correcting text errors... grrrr....)

anyways, check out the new overworld sprite for the guy! Finally... lol

in the BG you will see a few other things.... you'll notice a 1 squere wide path, which is new, but was only 2 simple tileset edits...

And also new are the swamp tiles. Basically just wet grass, but meh... I think you guys will find it cool enough...

The location is the NEW clearwater swamp, btw. I figured i'd make it into a proper terrain type, with a tweaked tileset and all....

BTW, the swamp has proper grass move animations and all, and you can find pokemon in the grass too. im just contemplating adding a deeper part of the swamp to fish in.... dont know who i'd put in there though....

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Looks very well done. I like the idea of the swampish water. ;) How is it you imported your own tiles anyways? I've been dying to know how to do that.

firemaster

Art Martyr
    Years
    All you do is run elite map and use the tile thing (ctrl+click on tile in side window)

then you can mix the 8 components (2x2 top + 2x2 bottom)

I just used ms paint to copy the standard grass tile and paste it in another spot. Then i removed the BG so it would be transparent instead of green. Then i inserted, but it was too big so i repointed too. Then i just placed my new clear ones over the plain blue water tiles, and some edge tiles that were already there.

Took all of about 15 mins, most was just tedoiusly entering the tile compontes into elite map...
    (2x2bottom-water or dirt+2x2 top grass)*13 tiles takes awhile when you have to write everything down and enter it in again and again....

the skinny road took like 30 secs.... I love the effect though... best 30 secs of editing ever.....

Last edited:

firemaster

Art Martyr
    Years
    Im not sure when it will be done.

There will be a trial version out soon (beta 5) that should be pretty much the first third of the game.

Since i cant post without showing you guys a new pic, check out the new swamp! I think its some of the most unique mapping i've done (but i have some crazy stuff in store...)

BTW, nice english Rahul.... looks better than mine... hehe

baka123w

so so spriter
    Years
    herse a little pokemon sprite i call it iggachu dont know if you want to use though
    uber::March 2005 // Pok?mon Dirt Brown

Han-Wen

I'm just...me
    Years
    IMO, I don't think mixed sprites look that good....it's better if you have pure Pokemon sprites. They look better, and I'm not even sure if firemaster is adding new Pokemon.

EVA-01

Looking at Mewthree's past
    Years
    Hey dude, awesome route or whatever :P Before the bridge, I noticed that freaky looking tree! I has one of those in my other hack :P

Keep up the awesome job, you own

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back