• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UEFA Champions League

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
    UEFA Champions League

Official Website

Clubs in the Quarter Finals:
    Arsenal (England)
    Barcelona (Spain)
    Bayern (Germany)
    Bordeaux (France)
    CSKA Moskva (Russia)
    Internazionale (Italy)
    Lyon (France)
    Manchester United (England)

How many people here are following the UEFA Champions League? Currently entering the first Knockout stages and Quarter Finals, with some surprising match results within the last couple weeks. FC Barcelona stomping on VFB Stuttgart 4-0, and Internazionale defeating Chelsea 1-0 with also Mario Ballotelli's AC Milan shirt controversy putting his playing career with Inter in a dangerous spot. Pretty much for me I think the ones that will get the Farthest will be Arsenal, Barcelona, Internazionale, and Manchester United.

For those watching this as well, What clubs do you think will get to the finals? What players have stood out the most so far?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I don't think both Arsenal and Barcelona will get too far... at least not both at the same time XD

But, bad jokes aside, I think Manchester has a somewhat clear way to the finals, while Barça, Arsenal and Inter will have a really intense fight on the other side. For... obvious reasons, I'd love to see another Manchester-Barça (and Barça winning), but pretty much any match from now on is interesting.

A Bourdeaux - CSKA would be awesome, though. Just for what it would mean XD

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
    I don't think both Arsenal and Barcelona will get too far... at least not both at the same time XD

But, bad jokes aside, I think Manchester has a somewhat clear way to the finals, while Barça, Arsenal and Inter will have a really intense fight on the other side. For... obvious reasons, I'd love to see another Manchester-Barça (and Barça winning), but pretty much any match from now on is interesting.

Great to finally see another person who is into Champions League. It seems not that many people watch Soccer (Football) here XD.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Yes! Arsenal is in!! yahoo :D

I defiantly think they'll get through and win this thing! (yes i am an arsenal fan( so what i'm a girl and i play and watch football XD))

I think this will be a very interesting League indeed ^^

ELVISTHEGUY

i would love seeing barca losing against manchester

Ivysaur

Years
    ...my friends must be angry, one bet on Manchester and the other one bet on a tie. Go me, I won some money today XD

Also, Rooney is injured. Manchester is going to miss him.

In the other side, Olympique seems really likely to get through. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    How on Earth did Man U lose, they were 1-0 up the whole game, towards the end Neville decides to handball it and boom 1-1, then some bad defending minutes later makes it 2-1. Rooney twisted his ankle it seems, he'll be missed for the 2nd leg as well as the game against Chelsea.
    Some good subs from Bayern won the match for them imo.

Ivysaur

Years
    And today I'm sad, I said Barça would win 1-2 XD

Anyway, a 2-2 away is a really good result. Both teams lost important players equally, and I doubt they'll let Arsenal revive like this in Barcelona.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Another fantastic product of the Southampton youth academy, Theo Walcott, played brilliantly well. He turned the game on its head. :D

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Aargh!!!Not Southampton!!!(They beat Carlisle at Wembley on Sunday, through a penalty from our STUPID defender).

Man United will win. They'll hammer Bayern at Old Trafford.Especially if they don't have Rooney.

I noticed, in the Carling Cup Final, when Rooney came off, everyone bar Valencia played worse. He's so good he holds them back sometimes.

But, England'll miss him if he's injured through the World Cup

Ivysaur

Years
    That match will be fun to watch. Bayern has a story to keep alive, and Manchester got a good result after all. We still have to see how Rooney's injury will affect them anyway.

CSKA - Inter will also be fun, since the cold Russian weather might play against the Italians.

And, of course, Arsenal - Barça. The French match is the only one a bit... less appealing XD

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2010
    I'm an Aston Villa fan but in the Champions League I always want Arsenal to win and tonight was fantastic in the second half from Arsenal and Theo Wallcott was amazing, I wonder how bad the damage is for Cesc.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Arsenal - Barca was great viewing for a neutral, I switched over to have it on in the background while I was doing something and ended up watching the whole thing. I didn't think Arsenal would come back from 2 goals down but fair play to them for doing so, and it sets up the second leg nicely.

Shame they've both got about 8 players missing though, I can't believe how many players are injured/suspended for next week o_O

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    The Arsenal match was great except for how it ended, Puyol got sent off for nothing, it wasn't his fault at all. Pah, that's football though, it can be bitter sweet.
    Great match though, best first half performance from Barca I've seen in a long time.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Oh, yes I saw that arsenal match only like half of it XP It is a shame for Man U though Rooneys not gonna be playin for a while =/

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I hope to see Manchester United get further in the league (even though Wayne Rooney isn't going to be playing for a while, that's sad :()
    It would be great if they were up against Barcelona in the finals. That would be really interesting (although I'm going to have to wake up at midnight to watch the game)

Years
    Even without Rooney, United have the quality and experience to beat Bayern Munich at Old Trafford, they got the away goal and only need to score and not concede to progress to the semis. For the semis Rooney could be fit again to play in both games.

Barcelona seem to have the upper hand on Arsenal because of the two away goals, and because of Fabregas injury.

I think it will be Barcelona-Manchester United final for the second season running and hopefully United can win it this year after getting outplayed and outclassed last season. Although i want it to be United-Arsenal as United know how to beat Arsenal, by using quick, counterattacking football.

Ivysaur

Years
    Leo Messi is the best player in the world.

That's all.

I'm still replaying the third and the fourth goals.

Years
    After tonights showing Barcelona are favourites to win the competition and with Messi on the form he is in at the moment, he is easily the best player in the world.

Just hope United beat Bayern tomorrow as I believe we are the only team with any chance of being able to match Barca.

Back