• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen UGH! Liepard is so hard to train!

dieter57

pokemon master
Years
  • another hard pokemon for me to train is my leafeon.
    shes currently at Lv. 46 and it's impossible to train her.
    there is no good area to train mid range level pokemon B/W.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I don't think I have ever had a hard-to-train Pokémon. Maybe it's because with the Exp Share, you won't risk anything... But, well, one did took longer than usual. Maybe it's because it was early game... the whole party.

Years
  • pardon if this is in the wrong section, please lock or move it to the appropiate area if needed

-

lately i've been experimenting with all kinds of pokemon to use in my team. big, small, tough, fast, tender, cute, mean, brave pokemon of all shapes and sizes i can get my hands on, i've been at crossroads with most of my choices due to them being not up to stuff, too weak, too fragile, or are not a certain type.

do you ever feel that sometimes you may want to drop them off of your party completely? or try your hardest to make them as reliable as the rest of your team? how would you go about doing that?

I felt that way about Emolga. She's adorable and with Volcarona, she can take down enemies easy in double battles. But when alone, she faints alot. She's very fragile and it annoys me that she gets killed by Pokemon she's supposed to have an advantage over.

I run my team as a unit, per say. All of my team members have to work in sync with the leader. I feel that Emolga is too fragile for the team. I want to drop her and Volcarona but it's hard to part with them when they have been on your team for so long. That's why they are in the back of my team as you see here. They dont give as much effort as the guys in the front do.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • One Word - DEINO. The thing is so dang hard to train. And when it evolves at Lv. 50 to Zweilous, it still sucks. In the end, it all pays off as you acheive your award - Hydreigon.

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    Vanillite was a royal pain, but I eventually kept it because I needed a strong ice type. It's HP was always so low that even with it's fairly good defensive stats, it would not stay in battle long :P. I actually never got it to Vanilluxe before a couple days ago, it stopped at lvl 45 when I beat Ghetsis and sat in my box until this past week.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2013
    I abandoned my Purrloin at lv 11 once I got something else to replace it with.
    I loved Zebstrika too, it took out Elesa quite easily, but it was really frail. I got Galvantula instead once I got into Chargestone Cave.
    Anyway most Pokemon are easy to train as long as you have your Exp Shares / Lucky Egg. I could hatch an egg and bring it up to lv 40+ in no time with my Exp Share (I like the new Exp calculating formula, it just gives my babies thousands of exp points when my stronger Pokemon defeat those lv 60+ wild pokemon.)

Yukimi

Nautical Star
    Years
  • Training Purrloin is terrible. I can't imagine Liepard is worth all that frustration.

Meinfoo gave me a lot of trouble, but that's mostly because he's found so late in the game. He finally evolved while fighting the Elite Four, and ended up taking out Grimsley by himself. I rebooted my game, but traded Meinshao back to myself. He's one of my most prized Pokemon. <3

Yamask is pretty tough too. I always wanted one and gave them multiple chances, but they're just awful to train. I think I still have one in the PC, and I may give it another try, but I'm done with that stress and frustration for right now.

Maybe I just got lucky, but my Blitzle was easy to train. He was a beast the entire time he was on my team. I even thought he was a little overpowered.

EDIT: How could I forget Cubchoo?! He's adorable, but insanely fragile. It's a shame too, I think he's the first ice Pokemon I've liked since Sneasel.

Crystalized

Waiting For RSE Remake
    Years
  • Ugh, I didn't even bother to train up Purrloin/Liepard.

My hardest was eaisly Golett, as I had to train it outside Dragonspiral Tower, where it was immune to most attacks (Mienfoo couldn't touch it, it was immune to Deerlings Jump Kick and Take Down) but then it got OHKO'd by Deerling's Energy Ball and Druddrigon's Crunch. I was only using it as a flyer.

Drilbur was pretty hard to catch and train, until it evolved into Excadrill ;).

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    Dwebble was really hard, along with Petilil. Just started training those two recently. I switched to Exp Share and Elite Four leveling instead of regular battles.

y stri

Got no theme right now.
    Years
  • Deino's (and Zweilous' too, I guess) ability makes it hard to train. I caught one and decided to train it using Audino grinding, but I can't get a hit with any move and she goes down in five Take Downs.

But now she's a Hydreigon and has better stats than everything I have.

Litwick, too. It's painfully slow, though it got better after it evolved.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Zoroa has got to be the most annoying hard to train dude in the game he has the defence of a squirl with a target on its chest and a gun with a huge target that made it shoot point blank to its head it had average speed but it had awful attacks ill stick with the pre-evolved zoroark even if it is a girl

Years
  • Cofagrigus is a pain

I'm currently training a Cofagrigus, which is starting to become annoying. It's about level 38 and it knows pretty bad moves, the only thing I find good about it is it's special defense.

I was wondering if there is anyone else out there who is training a Cofagrigus and is having the same problems or had some advice.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Dwebble was really hard, along with Petilil. Just started training those two recently. I switched to Exp Share and Elite Four leveling instead of regular battles.

Oh, really? I've trained a Dwebble to have on my in-game team and found it pretty easy to train. :o
    But I've been planning to EV train a Petilil for a while now, it's so great to know it'll take time to level up. D:

I've recently been trying to train a Deino, and it sure is a pain...to think it evolves at such a high level too.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm currently training a Cofagrigus, which is starting to become annoying. It's about level 38 and it knows pretty bad moves, the only thing I find good about it is it's special defense.

I was wondering if there is anyone else out there who is training a Cofagrigus and is having the same problems or had some advice.

Merged with the thread discussing hard to tran Pokemon.

If you want to discuss it in general, use likes/dislikes. :D

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • I found Yamask a tad hard to train, honestly ^^; He's doing a lot better now that he's evolved, but it took a bit.

Deino's also hard to train when you start from level 1 and its Hustle doesn't help its decent Attack stat (which is then overridden by Hydreigon's higher Sp. Atk. stat, sigh). And Zorua/Minccino also gave me problems until I evolved them both (I had to wait 'til like 43 or so for Minccino because I wanted her to learn Last Resort). Zoroark makes a great Sp. Atk. user and Cinccino's my Attracter/Tail Slapper/Returner (which really helps a lot)/Last Resorter.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Yah Im EV training a yanmask most off its moves are TM and I use the egg move Nasty Plot a lot and Ev trained the crap out of its Sp.attack. Ironicly it has a speed+,Sp.defence- nature reversing its entire structure for me yah so you could say mine is a bit of exception. hasn't been that hard to train exept for his annoying ability to cure itself of pokerus.... Twice.

Back