• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Ugliest looking Mega-Evolution?

Years
  • I think Mega Glalie looks scary and intimidating. Also, by reading it's Mega description,
    "The excessive energy from its Mega Evolution gushes out of its mouth, blasting away and destroying its jaw" I, personally forgive the design of the jaw. It just looks pretty cool when I think about that description.

For ones that I hate:
    Mega Lopunny looks laughable
    Mega Swampert looks off because of the size
    Mega Slowbro
    Mega Latios/Latias

Mega Pidgeot, I don't hate it, but I felt like it could have been much, much better.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • To be fair, mostly all megas don't change that much. I don't see the problem there as they aren't suppose to look totally different.

As for the worst looking ones, the Latis. I really don't like the color of them and I am not a big fan of the airplane look. And then there is Glalie, Why couldn't they just add a beard or something? Glalie is still my favorite ice pokemon though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Sableye. That enlarged ruby is DETACHED from its body and used in defence. A little... horrifying if you think about it.

Why horyfing? I thinkl SABLEYE is most boring mega same butt big ruby as sheld otherwis sam. :/// MEGA CUMERUPT IS fav,

Mega Glalie. Something about it reminds me a lot of Wario. I mean I think Mega Glalie's cool but that doesn't change the fact that I think it's ugly.
    Spoiler:

Anyone else see a resemblance here?

I think 300 THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Mega Camerupt doesn't even look like Camerupt, it just looks like a shaggy dog with a volcano on its back. I'm not fond of Mega Swampert either, and the Lati twins.... They look the same now. Just why, Game Freak? T_T

Back on topic Mega Salamence looks impossible, Mega Glalie looks like a coconut, Mega Rayquaza is butt ugly and technically is a Forme change... I think it would be easier just to list the ones I like. At least Mega Diancie looks gorgeous, and Mega Pidgeot looks a bit like Zack Fair.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Mega Camerupt doesn't even look like Camerupt, it just looks like a shaggy dog with a volcano on its back. I'm not fond of Mega Swampert either, and the Lati twins.... They look the same now. Just why, Game Freak? T_T

Back on topic Mega Salamence looks impossible, Mega Glalie looks like a coconut, Mega Rayquaza is butt ugly and technically is a Forme change... I think it would be easier just to list the ones I like. At least Mega Diancie looks gorgeous, and Mega Pidgeot looks a bit like Zack Fair.

MEGA CUMERUPT is awsom otehrwise i agree. But why MEGA LATIOS LATIAS same only eye color difrent ne 1 know?

mew_nani

Years
  • MEGA CUMERUPT is awsom otehrwise i agree. But why MEGA LATIOS LATIAS same only eye color difrent ne 1 know?

Heck if I know. Maybe a different designer handled the mega evolutions, or maybe it's a Wonder Twin reference, but they should have just made Latias a deeper red and Latios a deeper blue. And get rid of the arm-wing thing. It just looks weird.

mew_nani

Years
  • I'm with this guy. Also the laziest design is Sharpedo, was not excited to see that at all.

I get the feeling they designed his mega evolution around Archie's redesign, also possibly to make him look like a pirate. It's not my favorite either.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm not a fan of Mega-Glalie. Sorry Mega-Glalie fans, I just don't like the dislocated jaw. :/

Years
  • Mega Charizard Y - its weird headshape was uncessisary.
    Mega Manectric - Lightning bolt fur is just so bulky looking.
    Mega Mewtwo (Fighting) - Just looks goofy.

mew_nani

Years
  • Mega Charizard Y - its weird headshape was uncessisary.

I think the OP was talking about ORAS mega evolutions... To be fair though there's only a handful of them I like in Hoenn or Kalos.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Well I mean glalie was ugly to begin with so really what were they going to do with it? Froslass is it's more elegant counterpart anyway. I think mega Swampert is pretty ugly. Though I'll be honest I thought it was ugly to begin with so yeah lol

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Mega Charizard Y - its weird headshape was uncessisary.

well thinkl mega mewto Y look werder with headtail and evrything! What happen?!?!?!?

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2014
    M. Swampert. Swampert was my favorite Pokemon in the original S/R game. But I just hate looking at the bulging arms. I mean, was that the only design option? :/ M Swampert reminds me of Popeye kind of xD

Years
  • I am so sad to see so many hating on Mega Swampert, my fave of the Hoenn Starter Megas because well... it's tanky and it hits hard. How can you not love those buff arms?

But I agree with those who mentioned Mega Pidgeot. I couldn't see much difference between the regular Pidgeot and the Mega at all.

mew_nani

Years
  • I am so sad to see so many hating on Mega Swampert, my fave of the Hoenn Starter Megas because well... it's tanky and it hits hard. How can you not love those buff arms?

But I agree with those who mentioned Mega Pidgeot. I couldn't see much difference between the regular Pidgeot and the Mega at all.

It looks like what Swampert would look like if he was in Pokemon Red. You know, those deformed sprites that only halfway resemble what they're supposed to be? That's what Mega Swampert looks like. Since when was a mudskipper supposed to have gorilla arms?! It's not nearly as bad as Mega Salamence but it's still pretty bad. I know you like it and all, but I just plain don't see it.

As for Mega Pidgeot it looks more like if the Pidgeot line had a fourth stage of evolution. It gradually gets more coloring as it evolves... To be honest I think all the mega evos should follow that formula. They're basically implementations of Pokegods anyway. I wish they built the designs around the evolved Pokemon themselves, and didn't make crap up like they did with Mega Alakazam. It went from super genius to some buddha psychic Pokemon with spoons floating around it.

Sotani

Pokemon Breeder Yuki
    Years
  • Honestly I was disappointed with Swampert, I was expecting more muscle but not that much. I actually really like mega Glalie but i've always been a sucker for that pokemon so I may be bais, however I really do not like Mega Slowbro by any standards. Hes just so unessisary, useless and stupid looking in my opinion. I'm really dissappointed in Salamence also, and even more dissappointed that they didn't make a Flygon to match.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    The mega Latis. Okay, they are good designs, but I knock off a lot of points for being the same thing, just different head designs. Otherwise, eh, I dunno, M-Rayquaza for being too busy? All the megas thematically work, and nothing is really too out there or "edgy, like Mega Charizard X or Mega Garchomp. They all feel like proper evolutions then "just add spikes!".

Back