• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Ugliest looking Mega-Evolution?

Years
  • I'm not a huge fan of Mega Camprupt. I just dont find it very creative or its design to be logical. --It as someone mentioned-- now looks like a shaggy dog and less of a bovine-camel like it used to be.

I also find Mega Sharpedo odd, it doesnt look like an improvement at all. It looks more like a nornal Sharpedo with stickers all over it.

This is what I would have rathered Mega Sharpedo Look like:
    Spoiler:

sCr45h

The Littleroot Champ
    Years
  • I'm not a huge fan of Mega Camprupt. I just dont find it very creative or its design to be logical. --It as someone mentioned-- now looks like a shaggy dog and less of a bovine-camel like it used to be.

I also find Mega Sharpedo odd, it doesnt look like an improvement at all. It looks more like a nornal Sharpedo with stickers all over it.

This is what I would have rathered Mega Sharpedo Look like:
    Spoiler:

That Sharpedo looks insane!!!!!! I would've liked it better like that.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I hate how people want Pokémon to grow things like heads in their Megas. It's Mega Evolution, not regular evolution. This means the Pokémon has to still be recognizable as its final stage. Adding heads to Houndoom for example (like some people wanted) would ruin it.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • *Cough* Slowbro
    I mean why did he need one? All he is is a body enclosed in a shell balancing if he falls over then what do u have to stand him back up? I really rather have a slow king mega i mean its ugly useless and really doesnt make sense..... Wheres the flygon and milotic Megas lol

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Obviously my favorite is Mega Sceptile because it turned one of my favorite and first Pokemon into a Dragon-type, which is the best type, but I also really like the design of Mega Altaria, Sableye, Rayquaza, Audino, Diancie, Steelix, and Pidgeot. The others are just fine, I didn't really hate any Mega designs this time around after having played the game, except for Mega Metagross's. I liked it until I used it in-game and discovered that it doesn't have four arms, but eight. It looked pretty cool and fast with what looked like four in the art, but the extra four in the back aren't even used really and they just look pretty weird =/

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I wasn't exactly thrilled with most of the designs for the new megas, but the ones I don't like at all are Mega Slowbro and the Mega Latis.

I don't get how Mega Slowbro manages to stay upright. It's balancing the entirety of it's weight on the tip of its tail. Why has the Shellder thing not eaten it yet? IDK, there's just something about the way it looks that I don't like.

With the Mega Latis, they gave them this ugly shade of purple (and the green of their shiny forms isn't great either), and they look nearly identical; the only difference between them is the color of their irises. Seriously, why couldn't they have been made to look different?

I think Mega Garchomp's still tops my list, it just looks like... like it's not even comfortable in that form. How does it hug its kids with those arms.
    XD

But that's how Gible become strong, by enduring the cutting hugs of their mothers.

Years
  • Atlaria = Favorite Mega (tied)

Camerupt = Favorite Mega (tied)

Rayquaza = Favorite Legendary Mega/Primal Reversion

Gallade = Exceeded expectations most (that regal cape)

Latias = Fell shortest from expectations (boring)

Lopunny = Best hair (Braids and butterfly-poof)

Glalie = Ugliest overall

Slowbro = Wth? (Funny and stupid design...overall, I am indifferent.)

Audino = Least expected to get a mega. (but I like it)

Sharpedo = Most underrated design (He doesn't a missile launcher with twelves heads)

Diancie = Most neglected (I don't see much discussion about her, even though it's a great design.)

Milotic/Flygon/Ludicolo = :(

Strom Thunder

The Apocalypse :D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2014
    I can't say I find any of em ugly or something. But I will say Gialie was made something weird. I mean its face makes me laugh everytime xD but no offense. I still love Gialie's first version ! xD

Years
  • I just can't get adjusted to mega Salamence and Lati@s. Salamence was one of my favorite third generation Pokemon so I had high hopes for its mega but.. it ended up as one of my least favorite mega evolution designs and I was so disappointed. Kind of like Garchomp.

The Latis look bad in general for reasons Lilith has already stated. They were perfect as they were and pretty much everything I liked about them was removed or ruined in their mega forms. Those wings and legs look really awkward; nothing like the Latis I knew and loved.

Blech.

Years
  • I hate how people want Pokémon to grow things like heads in their Megas. It's Mega Evolution, not regular evolution. This means the Pokémon has to still be recognizable as its final stage. Adding heads to Houndoom for example (like some people wanted) would ruin it.
    They dont need to completely change the entire character form, but enough so that it isnt just a lazy recolour.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • I not very fond of both of the mega Mewtwo forms. I think Mewtwo was fine just the way he was. Salamance was also a huge, huge, huge disappointment. It looks like a space shuttle from Star Trek or something of the like. He was one of my favorites since he resembles a dragon but the mega evolution ruined it for me.
    Can I also add in that mega Beedrill is absolutely terrifying with those 4 stingers??? I'm not a fan of bees or any stinging insects but just (they actually scare me, esp wasps)... eh. I'm not fond of an insect the size of a child flying around with 4 stingers.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • There's the Mega Lati twins =P

But they're clones of each other, not from their base forms. :P Although they look stupid because they look the same, only the eyes are different.

I was never fond of Salamence. I use it mostly because it's powerful, but the fact it's a quadrupedal dragon with lazily designed wings makes it inferior to Charizard and Dragonite, IMO. It also annoys me how powerful it is.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • But they're clones of each other, not from their base forms. :P Although they look stupid because they look the same, only the eyes are different.

I was never fond of Salamence. I use it mostly because it's powerful, but the fact it's a quadrupedal dragon with lazily designed wings makes it inferior to Charizard and Dragonite, IMO. It also annoys me how powerful it is.

At least it can USE those wings though. Mega Salamence though... It's a glider. With a single bent wing, only two legs, and absolutely no way of getting off the ground if it lands or crashes. It's not even a dragon anymore, as dragons at least fly around. Salamence wasn't at the top of my dragons list either, but I'm quite sure Bagon dreamed of flying, not gliding around like a bent hang glider with two legs missing.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • At least it can USE those wings though. Mega Salamence though... It's a glider. With a single bent wing, only two legs, and absolutely no way of getting off the ground if it lands or crashes. It's not even a dragon anymore, as dragons at least fly around. Salamence wasn't at the top of my dragons list either, but I'm quite sure Bagon dreamed of flying, not gliding around like a bent hang glider with two legs missing.

Yeah, Mega Salamence looks kinda odd. Though he still has his front legs, they're just tucked in.

Salamence was a digimonesque take on the Western dragon, not very fond of it. The coolest dragonlike Pokémon is still Charizard in my book, despite not being Dragon-type, because the "Dragon" type is really a "dinosaur" type since dinosaurs are afraid of the cold.

Back