• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen UK event!? Woolworths! DARKRAI!!

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Please do ask if you could get a second if you go to another event location. =D

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I still can't make my mind up if I wanna go to bexleyheath or the bromley event. Hmm I might not go after all, I already have a great darkrai.

I'm going to the Bexley Heath one. If your going I might see you there =D.

Years
    Went along to the Chesterfield one today since I had a suprise day off at work. I must be mad, went all the way from Peterborough, £26 on the train. Met up with my mate in Sheffield and went along. Saw loads of kids (I say kids, I mean 16-20 ish) outside Sheffield station.

Walked round Chesterfield (nice place btw) looking for Woolworths, got my Darkrai, looked around, couldn't be arsed to talk to anyone else, or anything since I hadn't made a team yet. There was a strange mix of little kids with their parents, weirdos who you would cross the road to avoid, and older people who wanted to get Darkrai and get out as soon as possible. So went off to the pub with my mate to trade various Pokemon.

Weirdest thing happened when my mate went to get Darkrai, he spoke to the mystery gift guy, who gave him a Manphy egg. :\

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
    :]

5 minute Bus ride to Newport it is Then :]
    I feel sorry for those who are nowhere near any events :[

I'll send you a woolworths In the mail<3

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Went along to the Chesterfield one today since I had a suprise day off at work. I must be mad, went all the way from Peterborough, £26 on the train. Met up with my mate in Sheffield and went along. Saw loads of kids (I say kids, I mean 16-20 ish) outside Sheffield station.

Walked round Chesterfield (nice place btw) looking for Woolworths, got my Darkrai, looked around, couldn't be arsed to talk to anyone else, or anything since I hadn't made a team yet. There was a strange mix of little kids with their parents, weirdos who you would cross the road to avoid, and older people who wanted to get Darkrai and get out as soon as possible. So went off to the pub with my mate to trade various Pokemon.

Weirdest thing happened when my mate went to get Darkrai, he spoke to the mystery gift guy, who gave him a Manphy egg. :\
    So it's a wi fi mystry gift thing with no queues? I don't really wanna queue up for long like I did for the worthless mews… yea I got a few but I alreay had the US mew on my Diamond game. Although I do have a Japanese event Darkrai…
    Also I think I'm one of those weirdos you'd want to avoid. xD
    Guess it is one Darkrai per pak then.

Dunno what to say about the manaphy… maybe he didn't take the egg earlier and it stopped him getting the Darkrai event downloadd.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    Years
    So it's a wi fi mystry gift thing with no queues? I don't really wanna queue up for long like I did for the worthless mews… yea I got a few but I alreay had the US mew on my Diamond game. Although I do have a Japanese event Darkrai…
    Also I think I'm one of those weirdos you'd want to avoid. xD
    Guess it is one Darkrai per pak then.

Dunno what to say about the manaphy… maybe he didn't take the egg earlier and it stopped him getting the Darkrai event downloadd.

Yeah, no queues.

He got his Darkrai, just had to go back again after he'd collected the egg. very weird because he has no idea how the egg got there in the first place.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I went to the Bristol event. I got there at 8:15 I was wearing a beige jacket, green top and jeans. I had my camera out a lot XD At 9am the whole line was going to go into the store, but the people told us to go back because they wanted to give us the goodie bags through the Pokemon arch things. It was so funny everyone moving backwards, I almost fell over one of those posts XD There was WAY more people there than I had expected, there were about 35 people there by 9am. I stayed till about 11am.

Getting Darkrai was quick because it was through Mystery Gift, so we didn't have to wait one by one. The people at the start of a queue couldn't get s signal so they were waving their DSs around in the air which was really funny. It comes with:

Roar of Time
    Spacial Rend
    Nightmare
    Hypnosis

Enigma Berry and a Classic Ribbon, I think

I wanted to get a pic of the weird person dressed as Ash but he said I had to be in it because of Nintendo or something...my sister wanted the pic so I had to be in the pic with the weird man XD Soo embarrassing. He didn't even have black hair, it was blond. My brother got his facepainted and my sister got a balloon Pikachu.

The goodie bags were WAY better than I had expected. I was expecting a few little action figures and some sweets, but inside (all PMD2 themed) were a timetable, ruler, pencil, postcard, bookmark, Pokemon cards, PMD2 DVD and you got one of those big Pokemon action figures, either a Kyogre, Groudon or Absol. I mean, that has to be about £20 worth of stuff, right? And the bag was very nice, too. I also bought a realy cute Pikachu post while I was there. But it was in the usual poster section, I thought they would have more Pokemon stuff on display like t-shirts or plushies or something.

I thought this event was WAY better than the 10th anniversary one.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah, no queues.
    No queues awesome.

I wanted to get a pic of the weird person dressed as Ash but he said I had to be in it because of Nintendo or something...my sister wanted the pic so I had to be in the pic with the weird man XD Soo embarrassing. He didn't even have black hair, it was blond. My brother got his facepainted and my sister got a balloon Pikachu.

The goodie bags were WAY better than I had expected. I was expecting a few little action figures and some sweets, but inside (all PMD2 themed) were a timetable, ruler, pencil, postcard, bookmark, Pokemon cards, PMD2 DVD and you got one of those big Pokemon action figures, either a Kyogre, Groudon or Absol. I mean, that has to be about £20 worth of stuff, right? And the bag was very nice, too. I also bought a realy cute Pikachu post while I was there. But it was in the usual poster section, I thought they would have more Pokemon stuff on display like t-shirts or plushies or something.

I thought this event was WAY better than the 10th anniversary one.
    I want to get a pic with a weirdo soon. xD
    I think it may even be more than that… depending on how many cards… and now I kinda want to get the bag… though I don't know if I'll be one of the first 50. xD
    Need a free action figure an I was actually thinking of getting cards while I was there… but I must get that bag xD Also I may get a plushie for someone too. xD

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    No queues awesome.

I want to get a pic with a weirdo soon. xD
    I think it may even be more than that… depending on how many cards… and now I kinda want to get the bag… though I don't know if I'll be one of the first 50. xD
    Need a free action figure an I was actually thinking of getting cards while I was there… but I must get that bag xD Also I may get a plushie for someone too. xD

Oh, that weirdo was one of the staff XD His name is David or something, I think he's gone to all the events around the UK

Years
    I should be going to the Beckton one tomorrow :)
    collect my Darkrai and have a look round,probally.

i just hope there isnt any 7-12 year olds (by that i mean alot lol)
    >.< anychance i could just blend in with some of the older guys here who are going to the Beckton one? :P

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    There were a lot of kids at the one I went to… I think was the oldest one… who wasn't working there. xD
    No goodie bag… and I got there 20 minutes after the store opened. xD

Years
    There were a lot of kids at the one I went to… I think was the oldest one… who wasn't working there. xD
    No goodie bag… and I got there 20 minutes after the store opened. xD

Oh did you go to the Bexleyheath one? i was going to go there but i went Hyde Park instead :P i was bored.. :)

ohh i doubt ill be the first one there i wont wake up in time lol >.< ill probally be there around 10-12 :)

Moi.

I think I got ownt.
    Years
    AHH i was in Norwich the day it was on, im freaking annoyed. Meh i was in the odeon just round the corner watching Batman.

Jeez im pretty annoyed, i only got back into pokemon as i was bored in the summer holiday. AHHH

Its gonna be years until another event in the UK.

What bad luck eh,

Back