• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Guitarists

pmarckoue

CAN IT BE!?
Years
  • I personally am not a fan of dubstep. I don't like how overrated it is, I'm sure I'd like it after the craze dies down. But until then, no dubstep for me. Now, with my thoughts on this article. There was an article earlier in the year, with koRn, and Davis had stated "We were dubstep before dubstep," which they were not. From that article his views on the genre was pretty much, "electronic music with a lot of bass," which it is not. Based on that article itself, I think that Davis is just jumping on the dubstep bandwagon. They were ok in the 90s, and I believe that they should just let it be that way and let it just be nostalgic. Since then, you don't hear about them that much, so (what I take from this whole thing) they want attention, so they just take what's popular and try to go with it.

With the comparison between dubstep and metal, there is no comparison. Metal has lyrics that having specific meanings (i.e. telling stories, showing emotion, artistic poetry, just for fun, etc.) where Dubstep does not contain lyrics, for the most part. Most metal riffs are based on classical and blues genres, where dubstep is just a bunch of LFOs clouding over a hip/hop beat.

Those are my opinions on this whole thing.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • While we are on the topic I shall add a new discussion!

What do you think about guitarists exploring other genres with their guitars now, like some playing like electronic or dubstep or a genre where you wouldnt expect a guitar to be really used?

Back