• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Gym Leader Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2014
UPDATE ON JASMINE RUN
-Got Tetsu the Prinplup up to level 17
-Got Crystal the Onix to level 16
-Caught "BEEDEWF" the HM slave for rock smash
-Got to Floroma Town

TEAM:
Tetsu The Prinplup. Male.
Ability: Torrent. Docile Nature.

Crystal the Onix. Female.
Ability: Sturdy. Hasty Nature.
Rage, Bind, Screech, Rock Throw

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Final Update

Faced Fuchsia city gym, won against Koga and received the Fog Badge
Went in the Safari Zone and got the Warden's teeth and the Surf HM
Went to Cinnabar island and headed to the Pokemon Mansion
Found the Secret Key
Went to face the Cinnabar gym and defeated Blaine
Received the Volcano badge and Fireblast HM
Went with Bill to One Island
Arrived at Ember Spa and received Rock Smash HM
Found Lostelle and rescued her from the Hypno
Went back to see Bill and went back to Kanto
Faced the Viridian City gym, defeated Giovanni and received the Earth Badge and the Earthquake TM
On my way to Indigo Plateau, I faced Gary and won
Went thought Victory Road and faced the Elite Four
Defeated all 4 of them and faced Gary and also defeated him

Pokemon Team at the end
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2014
Update on Jasmine run!

Beat Gardenia. Tetsu the Prinplup is up to level 25. Crystal the Onix is level 20.

There's nothing in the rules that says you can't catch whatever you want to catch, but telling me you hate rules makes me want to keep my eye on you so...not very wise words on your part there, lol.

It was a joke actually, but whatever, go for it lol

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
So it's a monotype with a twist...NICE.

Username: KillerCroCohen
Game: Black
Leader: Elesa (Zebstrika,Emolga,Glavantula,Eelektross,Stunfisk,-HM slave- Samurotte)

I'll start in the evening

So it's a monotype with a twist...NICE.

Leader: Elesa (Zebstrika,Emolga,Glavantula,Eelektross,Stunfisk,-HM slave- Samurotte)

I'll start in the evening

EDIT: Evening,so i started!
I chose Oshawott as my starter,of course just for the HMs, he is now called "Shelldon".
I heard Ghetsis talking and fought N. Bianca caught me by surprise on route 2...I still beat her though. I beat Cheren 100% luck,Shelldon tanked a critical hit vine whip! There was a nice lady who gave me a Pansear so i boxed it XD. Because i had nowhere to train, i just defeated Cilan's Lillipup over and over and lost to pansage, until Shelldon evolved (Didn't take a long time, but it was exausting+i'm broke...) OH GOD. But i finally got my 1st badge! I taught HM01 Cut to Shelldon (got from Fennel),defeated the Plasma grunts and retrieved the dream mist. The twins in route 3 wouldn't let me pass unless i have more than 1 pokemon so i brought the Pansear i got,beat them and boxed it again. Beat Cheren on route 3, and caught a Blitzle by the name of "Thunder". I fought the team Plasama guys together with Cheren, and grinded in the grass in order to level Thunder so he can learn Electric moves. Came to Ncarane city, fought N again. I fought the gym trainers and went downstairs to meet Lenora.

Last edited:

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Username: Black Ninetales
Game: Platinum
Leader: Volkner

This challenge, I'm actually going to complete. Though I can't get started until a few days from now.

I plan to finish the game with this team:

135.png
405.png
466.png
208.png
224.png
462.png

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
update on the run:

Basic badge received!!! Burgh is too fabulous,so i had to take the road in the woods in Pinwheel forest. I fough the Plasma grunts and other trainers until i reached the guy who stole the skull...he handed it to me after i've beat him. Arrived at skyarrow beidge,i love this place...after i got to Castelia city,of course, i went to the gym, BUT! Burgh had other ideas. He said team plasma showed up so we went to see Iris and Bianca, and went ahead to return Bianca's munna to her.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hey guys! I've finally added Kalos Pokemon for every leader, so if you've been itching to go through Kalos as Marlon, you can do so! (You probably could before, but you know...)

Years
One gym badge down - 7 more to go.

Current team:

387.gif

Terry|Male|Adamant Nature|Overgrow|Lvl 14
Tackle
Withdraw
Absorb
Razor Leaf
Sturdy body. Likes spicy food.

406.gif

Rose|Female|Docile Nature|Poison Point|Lvl 19
Mega Drain
Growth
Water Sport
Stun Spore
Likes to eat. Happily eats anything.

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
EDIT: Finished the challenge

Spr_B2W2_Marlon.png

Team Marlon (Final)

jellicent.gif

Weird Fish (Jellicent) M Lv. 70 @ Mystic Water
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Cursed Body
Final Stats: 235/111/130/142/163/110
Moves: Scald, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Recover

The special wall of the team. He clutched so many battles with his special bulk. How he got so overleveled...Ghetsis battle. To be honest, I thought Carracosta would be the MVP, but his lack of special defense and speed didn't make him as useful against the Elite Four and Iris. Weird Fish here, official MVP.

carracosta.gif

Carracosta (Carracosta) M Lv. 64 @ Shell Bell
Nature: Impish
Ability: Solid Rock
Final Stats: 178/168/200/113/94/61
Moves: Aqua Jet, Rock Slide, Crunch, Shell Smash

Once the grand savior of the team, and absolute beast in Skyla's gym, Carracosta here...his speed and horrible special defense killed him, especially when it came to dealing with Grass types. He can't take a special Grass move, and Solid Rock never saved him from a special attack that was Electric or Grass. Sadly, because of that, he's the middle man of the Marlon crew.

wailord.gif

Bus (Wailord) M Lv. 62 @ Lucky Egg
Nature: Lax
Ability: Oblivious
Final Stats: 285/144/89/124/56/96
Moves: Dive, Surf, Bounce, Bulldoze

Bad defenses ruined all hope I had for using Wailord. Along with Dive being unable to be removed since it's an HM in Gen 5, despite the fact Wailmer learned it by level up, so I was stuck with Dive the whole run. Honestly, I think that Bus came a bit late to be fully useful. He clutched a couple of battles, but overall, he wasn't as useful as Weird Fish and Carracosta. I gotta make him the LVP, sad to say. Hopefully, Wailord can serve me better next time I try to use one.

And yes, I used Marlon's official three party members, but with somewhat better movesets...except maybe on Wailord.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
Okay i want to start a new challenge because i dropped out of a few and deleted my save file by accident. I wanted to do this again for a while, so:

Leader: Cilan (Alright, type i don't like!)
Planned team: Simisage, Stoutland,Ferrothorn,Venusaur,Serperior,Crustle. (I hate Hacking in pokemon but gotta have that Venusaur and Serperior, if i can't manage to hack it properly i might use Virizion and maractus).

*Started the game and called myself Cilan
*Picked Tepig so i could get Pansage the legit way.
*Caught Lillipup named "Rush".

And that is my first update.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Username: GucciMeme
Game: Emerald (subject to change just FYI)
Leader:Roxanne (not a surprise, but I dislike Rock types)

Planned team: Nosepass, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Omastar, Golem, Steelix (Her fourth rematch team in Emerald)
If I'm faced with the "three hacked in" limit, then I'll just use the five minus Steelix. If allowed, I'll use all six. (Nosepass and Golem are obtainable in the game. I just don't want to use Swampert because I'll use Omastar.)

Years
It's update time for me!

° Got to Gardenia's gym (I mean my gym)... Destroyed her with Terry and same goes for Fantina.
° Took me about forever but I finally found Cherubi on one of the honey trees. Got eevee that evolved into leafeon.
°Got to Safari Zone where I found my last two team members - Tropius and Carnivine.
°Defeated Maylenne with Torterra that has Earthquake.
°Defeated Crasher Wake - Thought that Gyarados will give me problems- turned out that Floatzel will give me the most trouble with it's annoying Ice fang .-. But I eventually defeated him.

Current team:

357.gif

Ecco|Male|Naive Nature|Solar Power|Lvl 32
Razor Leaf
Stomp
Fly
Magical Leaf
Likes to run.

315f.gif

Rose|Female|Docile Nature|Poison Point|Lvl 33
Mega Drain
Growth
Water Sport
Stun Spore
Loves to eat.

421-sunshine.gif

Cherry|Female|Quirky Nature|Flower Gift|Lvl 31
Tackle
Magical Leaf
Petal Dance
Sunny Day
Somewhat of a clown.

455.gif

Carnivora|Female|Sassy Nature|Levitate|Lvl 35
Vine Whip
Sweet Scent
Ingrain
Faint Attack
Proud of it's power.

389.gif

Terry|Male|Adamant Nature|Overgrow|Lvl 36
Earthquake
Bite
Mega Drain
Razor Leaf
Sturdy Body.

470.gif

Tay|Male|Quirky Nature|Leaf Guard|Lvl 36
Quick Attack
Magical Leaf
Synthesis
Growl
Mischievous.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
It has been. So very long.

Clay|HG
Johto Champion
Thunder Badge - Cascade Badge - Rainbow Badge - Marsh Badge
Soul Badge - Volcano Badge - Boulder Badge - Earth Badge

Eliza - Flygon - lv 56
Baron - Gyarados - lv 56
Andrew - Sandslash - lv 56
Ira - Nidoking - lv 56
Kieran - Gyarados - lv 56
Edmund - Mamoswine - lv 56

It's been so long that I don't remember getting my last five badges. I really should have been training on the E4 before their level jump, but too late now. I guess I'm going to have to hang out in Victory Road for a while or something and grind because wow I am not going to get anywhere with those levels.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Here is my one update for the Roxanne Gym Leader Challenge (Emerald)

Spoiler:

It was a blast (I'll avoid the words rock and blast for the sake of puns) to use Roxanne's team in a playthrough, and something I have wanted to do for a while. Using your favorite Gym Leader's team in a playthrough is something every true Pokemon fan should try.

FINAL:

299.gif

Nosepass Lv.80
Toxic/Thunder Wave/Rock Slide/Earthquake

aerodactyl.gif

Aerodactyl Lv.80
Wing Attack/Fly/Ancientpower/Earthquake

Golem_XY.gif

Golem Lv.80
Earthquake/Brick Break/Strength/Rollout

139.gif

Omastar Lv.80 [MVP]