• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2013
    -Nothing in Safari Zone but hm's and teeth!
    -KOGA GYM,DAMN YOU HYPNO!
    -Koga Battle. Damn Your Weezing!
    Koga Battle Details:Koffing 1 shotted,Muk took a few hits,due to hyper potions,second koffing ALSO got one shotted,Weezing killed both Raichu AND Jolteon,but Electrode the beast took him out HELL YES! Overall Koga wasent too bad.
    After some VERY bad move choices (damn me slipping up) Electrode is going to be a very fast opener with light shield which is AWESOME! After that its time to head to the Power Plant!

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2013
    Yay 4 Electabuzz and Magnetron. Anyways Fighting Dojo Time!
    -One shot everything in the fighting dojo (minus the machoke who lived with 2 hp)
    -Karate Master's pokemon both got 2 shotted
    -Silph Co. wasent too bad. I mean really,it wasent! just got lost... alot... my lead pokemon is now level 50 ^_^
    -Rival Battle wasent terrible,Electabuzz nearly died due to take down shenanigans.
    -Giovanni Second Battle Details
    Nidorino:one shot with Thunderbolt,not even part ground type TSKTSKTSK
    Nidoqueen:oh god it took out Magnetron and almost took out Jolteon O.O Jolteon is a boss though
    Kangaskan:took out jolteon,but got one shot with a brick break crit from Raichu
    Ridohorn:two shot with brick break easy
    -Saffron Gym easy mode,not a trainer fought!
    -Sabrina
    Kadabra:one shot!
    Mr.Mime:five shot,sabrina used her hyper potions on mr.mime
    Venomoth:two shot
    Alakazam:two shot
    Damn sabrina was EASY

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Please take me off of the Ultimate Ground Type run, cause I abandoned it a long time ago...

Now, I want to do a Single Unova Bug Type Run!

Question, can I hack in a Larvesta or trade the egg over from another game?
    Since Bug types are available before the second gym, you need to not hack anyone in.

Speaking of the second gym, I beat Lenora thanks to an Awakening and 2 Fresh Waters. It took everyone I had.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    Ugh... I came here planning on doing one monotype run for every type through Kanto, but now that i'm here an Ultimate Water Monotype challenge sounds better. Idk if I can do Unova though. I don't want to restart my Black version.

Sooo to clarify...
    Username: institutions
    Ultimate Monotype: Water

Just wanted to make sure you got that. Starting now. I'll probably update every 4 gyms or so.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2013
    Gym 7 and 8:The Final Two Gyms!
    Pokemon Mansion - Easy as heck
    Cinnabar Gym - LOLQUESTIONS
    Blaine-
    Growlithe - One Shot by Thunderbolt
    Ponyta - Again,One Shot by Thunderbolt
    Rapidash - Made blaine use potions,three shotted by 2 Thunderbolts and Swift
    Arcanine - Two shotted by thunderbolt,nearly died :O
    Viridian Gym - OH **** THE GROUND GYM **** GUNNA OVERGRIND TO 60,ok that worked!
    Giovanni Final Battle -
    Rhyhorn - Two shotted,his attack missed
    Dugtrio - Nearly killed me,two shotted due to hyper potion that he used. :(
    Nidoqueen - Killed electrabuzz,I figured best way was just to go for a Electrode Explosion which killed it.
    Nidoking - Took out the rest of my team minus my hm slave which I used to ressurect Electrabuzz which killed it
    Rhyhorn 2 - Killed Electrabuzz,first wipe (NO!)

ChaosJester083

Still alive
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2019
    Just beat misty with my newly evolved Murderfish who is epic and two shotted nearly everything in the gym. So now on to Vermilion City to take on my biggest foe yet.

My team so far:

Shelly the Wartortle Lv 25

Murderfish the Gyarados Lv 21

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2013
    Giovanni Rematch Edition! No Changes Made!
    Rhyhorn - Did nothing but slow me,he used his first hyper potion here
    Dugtrio - Explosion on my Electrode does GREAT THINGS
    Nidoqueen - Wiped my team. FUUUUUUUU
    Giovanni Rematch Again! No Changes Made!
    Rhyhorn - Ownt by Electrabuzz
    Dugtrio - Did some damage to Raichu,got KO'ed though!
    Nidoqueen - nearly ko'ed Magneton,died though!
    Nidoqueen - sacrifed Magneton and Raichu,got ko'ed by Electabuzz
    Rhyhorn 2 - Got pwned by Electabuzz.
    Giovanni is HARD AS ****,god damnit. Only one ass**** infront of the elite four:Gary mother****ing Oak.
    Gary Mother****ing Oak Penultruim Battle
    Pidgeot - Thunderbolt One Idiot Down
    Rhyhorn - Two Hits,Barely did anything. Two Idiots Down
    Growlithe - One shot by Thunderbolt on Raichu. Three Idiots Down. Seriously though have you not got a firestone yet? idiot!
    Exegute - Three Shot by Magneton,just used Solarbeam.. Four Idiots Down
    Blastoise - Two shot by Raichu's Shock Wave. Five Idiots ****ING DOWN
    Alakazam - Two Shot by Thunderbolt. Raichu is a BRO,btw Ass****,your team just got pwned. DIE IN A FIRE NOW PLEASE
    Victory Road - The Epic Last Dungeon... It Is Time. The Final Is Coming Guys,I just finished Victory Road and now,it is Elite Four Time. HELL TO THE YEAH!

Elite Four of Epic Win!
    Lorelei
    Dewgong - One Shot by Thunderbolt Hell yes.
    Cloyster - Two Shotted,Hail is up now damnit
    Slowbro - One Shot
    Lapras - Injured Electabuzz,three shot due to 2 full restores :(
    Jynx - Two Shot
    Bruno
    Onix - Three Shot,used 1 full restore
    Onix 2 - Killed Electabuzz due to crit :( and raichu... Damnit this aint going good
    Hitmonchan - Killed by Jolteon
    Hitmonlee - Killed Jolteon :(,got killed by explosion
    Machamp - Killed Magneton NOO
    Bruno Rematch
    Onix - Two Shot
    Onix 2 - Two Shot
    Hitmonchan - Switched to Raichu,after a good battle Raichu won but nearly died
    Hitmonlee - Used a hyper potion to live,switched to Jolteon,died due to explosion took down Jolteon
    Machamp - Took down everyone but Magneton,which took him down!
    Agatha!
    Gengar - Three shot due to Full Restore
    Golbat - One Shot
    Arbok - Two Shot
    Gengar - Hypnosis sucks and took down Electabuzz,Raichu took him down though!
    Haunter - Dead via curse LOLZ
    Lance,The Toughest Elite Four!
    Gyrados - One Shot,DUH
    Dragonair - Took A Good Fight,And on Lance's part a full restore for him to die
    Dragonair 2 - Yay for Mirror Coat!
    Dragonite - Took Down Electrode,Electabuzz also but Raichu took him down no problem
    Aerodactyl - One Shot
    THE Champion:Rival Gary Oak aka:ASS**** MOTHE****ING DICK
    Pidgeot - One Shot Like A BOSS 1 Idiot Dead
    Rhydon - Took down Electrabuzz and Electrode but died to Raichu
    Alakazam - Two Shot
    Exeguttor - Got Beaten by PP outage HELL YES! also wasted the rest of his full restores
    Arcanine - Owned by Jolteon
    Blastoise - Owned by Jolteon
    And with that,the epic battle of the Electric Monotype Kanto Challange,is over. The Epic Fight at the end was great but overall the toughest battle was Giovanni's Last Battle.
    This Is The End So Far
    Pokemon Making A Appearence In Johto : Raichu and Electabuzz!
    Up Next: Electric Monotype Crystal. YEAAAAAA

Last edited:

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    Another quick and lazy update:
    (fire Ultimate Challenge; Fire; Emerald)
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Ultimate bug challenge, red version going on crystal

Continuing from my first post.

Game play so far:

Spoiler:

Finally...

Defeated ELITE FOUR and BLUE!

Team:

WASP lvl 52 BEEDRILL [BUG/POISON]
    HYPER BEAM
    TWINEEDLE
    SWORDS DANCE
    FOCUS ENERGY

TOCHUKASO lvl 54 PARASECT [BUG/GRASS]
    SLASH
    MEGA DRAIN
    GROWTH
    SPORE

BUTTERFLY lvl 51 BUTTERFREE [BUG/FLYING]
    PSYCHIC
    SOLARBEAM
    DOUBLE TEAM
    TOXIC

MOTH lvl 53 VENOMOTH [BUG/POISON]
    PSYCHIC
    DISABLE
    SLEEP POWDER
    LEECH LIFE

PINCERS lvl 52 PINSIR [BUG]
    VICEGRIP
    BIDE
    SEISMIC TOSS
    SUBMISSION

HM slaves:

BULBASAUR [CUT]
    DROWZEE [FLASH]
    SPEAROW [FLY]
    LAPRAS [SURF, STRENGTH]

COMMENTS:

I found this challenge a little tricky, but not too difficult. Sabrina is quite hard to bring down without a decently levelled parasect. Beedrill isn't much use, because the poison-type wasp pokemon is easily floored by Sabrina's fast and powerful psychics.

One thing that I didn't realise until I reached the safari zone was that scyther and pinsir are version exclusives! This may be because I actually vividly remember encountering scythers in the safari zone on my first pokemon game: pokemon blue. In actual fact, scyther should be unobtainable on blue. Since I cannot capture a scyther, this brings down the maximum number of different bug pokemon I can have on blue down to 5. This should nullify my challenge, but at this point I don't care, because I don't want to start all over again! Having only 5 pokemon will make the challenge more challenging anyway.

Trying to catch pinsir was a pain. I had to pay 3 times to enter the safari zone before I actually saw one, and even then I wasn't able to actually catch it. After my 7th entry to the safari zone, I gave up and just forked out for one at the game corner in Celadon.

After that, it was easy going until the pokemon league. Once I reached the league, I had to do some heavy grinding before I could beat anyone. Bugs are pretty weak, or maybe I just don't know how to use them. Even after all that, though, it took me several tries to get past Blue's Charizard. That's what I get for picking bulbasaur as a starter for a bug-type challenge, lol!

Anyway, I still beat it, and now I'm moving on to Crystal.

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    Sitting bored in Biology at school and I'm reading how everyone elses challenges are going. Thank god for iPhones :D

Anyway when I get in from school I'm hoping to make a lot of progress, will hopefully get onto the Johto stage of my Monotype run.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    I found this challenge a little tricky, but not too difficult. Sabrina is quite hard to bring down without a decently levelled parasect. Beedrill isn't much use, because the poison-type wasp pokemon is easily floored by Sabrina's fast and powerful psychics.

One thing that I didn't realise until I reached the safari zone was that scyther and pinsir are version exclusives! This may be because I actually vividly remember encountering scythers in the safari zone on my first pokemon game: pokemon blue. In actual fact, scyther should be unobtainable on blue. Since I cannot capture a scyther, this brings down the maximum number of different bug pokemon I can have on blue down to 5. This should nullify my challenge, but at this point I don't care, because I don't want to start all over again! Having only 5 pokemon will make the challenge more challenging anyway.
    You don't have to have 6 Pokemon on your team to finish the challenge! In fact, I think every single challenge, I had 2-4 on my team.
    Trying to catch pinsir was a pain. I had to pay 3 times to enter the safari zone before I actually saw one, and even then I wasn't able to actually catch it. After my 7th entry to the safari zone, I gave up and just forked out for one at the game corner in Celadon.
    Lol. Thank goodness you didn't enter so many times that you didn't have enough money for the Game Corner Pinsir.
    After that, it was easy going until the pokemon league. Once I reached the league, I had to do some heavy grinding before I could beat anyone. Bugs are pretty weak, or maybe I just don't know how to use them. Even after all that, though, it took me several tries to get past Blue's Charizard. That's what I get for picking bulbasaur as a starter for a bug-type challenge, lol!
    Most of them are pretty weak. A strong Parasect and Venomoth can work wonders, though.
    Anyway, I still beat it, and now I'm moving on to Crystal.
    I put some comments in bold.

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    Dramatic (not really) Updates!

[Screenshot missing I fail]-The name "Misty" was etched into my Fatality list.

-Called my Rival "Blue" I'm pretty boring

- Defeated Blue on board the SS.Anne!

-Anyone else miss the days when you could fish in Statues?

-The most frustrating gym puzzle EVER!

- Much Frustration and Table Banging later.

-Much easier than the actual puzzle to get to him.

- I remember being to do this very quickly as a little kid, let's see if I still can.

-(2 Hours later) Apparently not..

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2013
    First before I start my crystal run im going to state this,good luck on your ghost monotype run Sleet while I am going to need to hack in a mareep as there are none in crystal and it would be a lot easier,plus until I get the good rod there is no electric types :( but yes,if anyone has any clue how I can hack in a mareep please tell me (for crystal) :D

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    First before I start my crystal run im going to state this,good luck on your ghost monotype run Sleet while I am going to need to hack in a mareep as there are none in crystal and it would be a lot easier,plus until I get the good rod there is no electric types :( but yes,if anyone has any clue how I can hack in a mareep please tell me (for crystal) :D

If you're using an emulator, and your using the one most people use (Seeing as I don't think we're allowed to name it) get your starter pokemon then go to: Cheats->Cheat List-> Add Gameshark and in the bit that says "code" put in: 91b3d8dc

That should change your starter to a Mareep, let me know if that works.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    Whoo, time for a half-assed update.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Water
    Update 1 (Kanto; Rokemon Red; Start - Vermilion City)
    Spoiler:

Team:

Wartortle (Lv. 31)
    -Tackle
    -Bite
    -Bubble
    -Watergun

Gyarados (Lv. 26)
    -Splash
    -Tackle
    -Bite
    -Dragon Rage

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2013
    Dos'ent work,shows up as a mareep with the nickname 'totodile' but in battle its a totodile. until I get the code working ima do a solo run or something. if you have any idea please say :D

umm,ok so its a mareep with a totodile sprite,ah ok thats fine then

Last edited:

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    Well my next update will have to wait until Friday now, but then I have the whole weekend to play and will hopefully get as far as Hoenn.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back