• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I went through Granite Cave and gave Stephen his letter. I then went back and got the Exp. Share. I then beat Brawly and then sailed to Slateport. Where I cleared out Team Magma. I then travelled north and beat May and the Trick House and arrived in Mauville and beat Wally and Wattson (he was super hard because all his Pokemon were strong against mine. I had to Critical Hit defeat him). Surskit, Tailow and Wingull evolved. I am about to get Rock Smash.
Screen shot 2010-09-12 at 8.54.51 PM.png Screen shot 2010-09-12 at 7.48.04 PM.png Screen shot 2010-09-12 at 9.08.44 PM.png Screen shot 2010-09-12 at 8.23.20 PM.png Screen shot 2010-09-12 at 9.09.22 PM.png
Spr_3r_279.png

Camome (Pelliper) Lv25.
Moves: Shock Wave, Water Gun, Supersonic, Wing Attack.
Spr_3r_284.png

Anemoth (Masquerain) Lv25.
Moves: Bubble, Quick Attack, Sweet Scent, Bubblebeam.
Spr_3r_277.png

Ohsubame (Swellow) Lv23.
Moves: Wing Attack, Growl, Double Team, Quick Attack.

lucaspontes

One of Them
Years
- Amber goes through Ilex Forest, capturing a Paras, rescuing the Farfetch'd and getting HM 01 - Cut. She taught it to Paras, and then found the Headbutt tutor, teaching it to Ledian, and then leaving the forest after showing the way to the lost Kimono Girl.
- Travelled north and reached the Day Care, getting Ethan, Day C. Man and Day C. Lady phone numbers. She then left Togepi and Beedrill training.
- Time for the bug swarm! Amber headed back to Azalea and caught a Heracross on Route 33. She then went to the National Park, capturing a Scyther and a Venonat. Finally, she caught a Yanma on Route 35.
- Put the new pokémon on the Day Care and then trained them.
- Time to explore Goldenrod. Underground: Got the Fashion Case, battled trainers and took a photo. Department Store: Bought TM 52 - Focus Blast to Ledian. Bike Shop: Got a bycicle. Game Corner: Got a Coin Case. Radio Tower: Answered the questions correctly, got a Radio Card and Blue Card on the second floor.
- Left Togepi and Totodile at the Day Care.
- Entered the Gym. Getting through all the trainers, Amber reached Whitney, the Gym Leader.

Gym Battle: Whitney

. Clefairy (lv. 17) vs. Scyther (lv. 21): Clefairy faints.
. Miltank (lv. 19) vs. Scyther (lv. 21): Scyther faints.
. Miltank (lv. 19) vs. Heracross (lv. 22): Miltank faints.

plain.jpg

Pokémon:

Spr_4h_166_m.png
Spr_4h_046.png
Spr_4h_214_m.png
Spr_4h_123_m.png
Spr_4h_048.png
Spr_4h_193.png

Ledian, female (lv. 22); Paras, male (lv. 22); Heracross, male (lv. 22); Scyther, male (lv. 21); Venonat, female (lv. 21); Yanma, female (lv. 21).

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
Steel Ultimate Monotype: Ruby Pt1

After a short break I'm back, with more Ultimate Monotype Steel Challenge!

-Started with a Mudkip
-Helped Wally catch Ralts
-Caught Zigzaslave
-Went straight to Rustboro gym avoiding unnecessary trainer battles
-Rescued Peeko and the goods.
-Went to Dewford to catch Mawile(Jaws) and Aron(Rocky)
-Headed to Slateport for training.
-Defeated Team Magma at the museum
-To the Dewford Gym!

Leader Battle: Brawly

Team:
Spoiler:
Jaws beat Machop with fake tears+bite, Rocky got 3 mud-slaps off on Makuhita before fainting, Jaws finished it with fake tears+bite.

-Headed to Mauville City
-Got the coin case
-Trained a bit
-To the Gym!

Leader Battle: Wattson

Team:
Spoiler:
Rocky took down Magnemite with mud-slap, Voltorb exploded on Jaws, Jaws did ~33% damage with bite vs Magneton before fainting, Rocky finished it with mud-slap.

vaporeon7

Years
I travveled north and eventully caught a Skarmory. I then went west to Fallabor Town. I then went downwards and caught a Swablu. I then went to Meteor Falls to see Team Magma. I then went to Mt Chimney and ridded of them there. I then went down Jagged Path to Lavaridge Town where I beat Flannery. I am in the Petalburg Gym.
Screen shot 2010-09-13 at 11.51.54 AM.png Screen shot 2010-09-14 at 7.46.27 AM.png Screen shot 2010-09-13 at 4.11.54 PM.png Screen shot 2010-09-13 at 7.45.41 PM.png Screen shot 2010-09-14 at 7.46.44 AM.png
Spr_3r_279.png

Camome (Pelliper) Lv27.
Spr_3r_284.png

Anemoth (Masquerain) Lv27.
Moves: Bubble, Quick Attack, Gust, Bubblebeam.
Spr_3r_277.png

Ohsubame (Swellow) Lv27.
Moves: Wing Attack, Growl, Double Team, Quick Attack.
Spr_3r_227.png

Airmd (Skarmory) Lv23.
Moves: Peck, Swift, Sand-Attack, Agility.
Spr_3r_333.png

Tyltalis (Swablu) Lv22.
Moves: Peck, Sing, Fury Attack, Astonish.

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
I'd rather mot do the challenge currently. I might join again when I have mopre time but school is starting to get harder. More work :(

allx123-

Challenger
Years
  • Age 29
  • FIN
  • Seen Oct 16, 2010
I'll do this on Crystal and i'll probably just add screen shots at the gyms or so cuz im really not a writer type :D And jeah the type is !Water!

Journey part#1
Spoiler:

Journey Part#2
Spoiler:

Journey part#3
Spoiler:

Done with Kanto
Spoiler:

Done with Kanto
Spoiler:

Last edited:

tachikaze316

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
Previously: I caught Rocky (Aron) and Jaws (Mawile) and got my first 3 badges. And now, the not so exciting continuation...

-Got HM06, taught it to zigzaslave
-Got HM04
-Headed north to Fallarbor Town
-caught Skarmory (Vertigo)
-Headed to Meteor Falls.
-Beat Team Magma at Mt. Chimney
-Trained for a bit
-To Lavaridge Gym!

Leader Battle: Flannery
Team:
Spoiler:

Jaws took both Slugmas down with bite, Torkoal knocked Jaws and Vertigo out with overheat but was too weak to do any real damage to Rocky, who headbutted his way to victory!

-Got the Go-Goggles
-Battled the trainers in the desert
-Headed back to Petalburg
-To the Gym!
-Rocky evolved vs a gym trainer

Leader Battle: Norman
Team:
Spoiler:

Jaws took care of the first Slaking, got focus punched by the second, Vertigo obliterated the second Slaking and Vigoroth

-HM03 Get!
-Surfed to Dewford then to Slateport for Exp & TM13
-Headed to Mauville, got basement key from Wattson
-Caught Magnemite (Magnus) and got TM24 in New Mauville
-Cleared Team Magma out of the Weather Institute
-Got Magnus Mk.II to evolve.
-Got the Devon Scope from Steven
-To the gym!

Leader Battle: Winona
Team:
Spoiler:

Magnus took down Pelipper, Skarmory and Swellow with one T'bolt each, Vertigo got Altaria with a crit Air Cutter.

Next time! I still can't come up with anything to beat "Crossdressers, mimes and old men living in caves!"

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2010
Update:

Beat Byron and got the 6th gym badge.
When I finish this challenge, I might do a dark monotype challenge on Diamond.
BTW, I won't be able to update as much because this year and next in school are GCSE years...

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Okay, there we go. The UMC thread is now updated with the new members. Congrats to GrassGiant, tachikaze316, & FANOFFIRESTARTERS!!! for becoming our latest champions! :D

Furthermore, in preparation for the release of Black and White in 3 days, I have altered the list of challengers. So, every challenge now has a section for Isshu, though each one is currently blank. In addition to that, I have put the names of all the current 4-Gen champions in brackets, in order to distinguish them from future 5-Gen champions. Any of the 4-Gen champions need only to complete a 5th Gen game to get into the other category. ^_^

So, who will be the first champion of five generations of Pokémon? I can't wait to find out! :D

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
What about me being champion? I finished all of the genrations including Sinnoh.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
I have a SERIOUS Problem. I was about to resume my Normal run but then when I got to Tohjo Falls I realized I had NOTHING that could learn waterfall. HELP ME PLEASE!

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
@pleryt16: Sorry, it appears I missed your post. In which case, I would now like to congratulate a fourth champion since I last updated. :D

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
@Alakazam17 no problem, got mad about for some reason, dont know why

tachikaze316

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
-Headed to Mt Pyre
-Dealt with Team Magma, got Shadow Ball TM
-Battled Team Magma in Lilycove
-Headed to Mossdeep City
-To the Gym!

Leader Battle:Tate and Liza
Team:
Spoiler:
Magnus took down Solrock with 2 thunderbolts, Jaws got obliterated by Psychic, Vertigo finished the battle with a crit steel wing

-Got HM08
-Destroyed Team Magma in the underground cavern
-Ran away from Groudon, somehow calming it down...
-Trained a bit, Rocky evolved
-To the gym!

Leader battle: Wallace
Team:
Spoiler:
Magnus defeated Luvdisc, Sealo and Seaking with 1 Thunderbolt each, Vertigo Air Cutter'd Whiscash after dropping its accuracy, Jaws used fake tears vs Milotic before fainting and letting Magnus take credit for another kill. :D

-Went through Victory Road, crushed Wally.
-Elite four time!

Team:
Spoiler:
Sidney: Blitzed him with no casualties
Phoebe: Really easy, once again, no one fainted.
Glacia: Magnus defeated her entire team. Shocking, no?
Drake: Jaws was incredible during this fight

Steven: Rocky set up Iron Defense vs Skarmory and proceeded to Earthquake/Iron Tail through Aggron, Armaldo, Metagross and Claydol before being brought down by Cradily. Vertigo finished Cradily off with Aerial Ace, he sent his Skarmory back out, I responded with Jaws, who set up Iron Defense and Fake Tears before spamming Crunch for the win.

Sinnoh, here I come!

vaporeon7

Years
I beat Norman. I then surfed and walked until I got to the Berry Master's house. After receiving some berries I went north and caught a Tropius. I kept going until I reached the Weather Institute. I got rid of Team Magma. Then went east and beat my rival. I am currently in Fortree City.
Screen shot 2010-09-15 at 7.25.07 PM.png Screen shot 2010-09-14 at 12.06.33 PM.png Screen shot 2010-09-15 at 7.28.50 PM.png Screen shot 2010-09-14 at 7.42.20 PM.png Screen shot 2010-09-14 at 7.42.15 PM.png
Spr_3r_279.png

Camome (Pelliper) Lv29.
Spr_3r_284.png

Anemoth (Masquerain) Lv29.
Moves: Bubble, Quick Attack, Gust, Bubblebeam.
Spr_3r_277.png

Ohsubame (Swellow) Lv29.
Moves: Wing Attack, Endeavor, Double Team, Quick Attack.
Spr_3r_227.png

Airmd (Skarmory) Lv28.
Moves: Peck, Swift, Fury Attack, Agility.
Spr_3r_333.png

Tyltalis (Swablu) Lv30.
Moves: Peck, Sing, Fury Attack, Astonish.
Spr_3r_357.png

Banasaur (Tropius) Lv26.
Moves: Fly, Growth, Razor Leaf, Stomp.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
I grinded everything up to level 40, and tried the E4, but I can't get past Koga... Guess I've gotta grind some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back