• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    Well, i suddenly stopped this a long time ago, and now i finally get to say:

I quit 2 of my 3 ultimates.

I've completed Kanto and Johto with Bug

I've completed Kanto with Normal

And i'll now officially go on with my Water ultimate where i've already beat Kanto, Johto and Hoenn (Stopped posting Hoenn after #3 gym, but completed it afterwards) and will now start Platinum

Could this be recorded on the first post please? :D

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Well, i suddenly stopped this a long time ago, and now i finally get to say:

I quit 2 of my 3 ultimates.

I've completed Kanto and Johto with Bug

I've completed Kanto with Normal

And i'll now officially go on with my Water ultimate where i've already beat Kanto, Johto and Hoenn (Stopped posting Hoenn after #3 gym, but completed it afterwards) and will now start Platinum

Could this be recorded on the first post please? :D
    So you want me to put you on the champion list for RBY Normal and Bug, and GSC Bug? Its no problem, just making sure I understand right.
    Roflroflrofl. Also yes, Electrode is a very bad choice. He's a little better once he can learn Rollout.

Last edited:

jespoke

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    So you want me to put you on the champion list for RBY Normal and Bug, and GSC Bug? Its no problem, just making sure I understand right.

Yea, that what i meant :D
    I'll probably do the rest of the bug one someday, but if im done with all the bug ones In the singles, does it then count as a Ultimate complete? i will be doing them in order anyway, but with gaps between

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Yea, that what i meant :D
    I'll probably do the rest of the bug one someday, but if im done with all the bug ones In the singles, does it then count as a Ultimate complete? i will be doing them in order anyway, but with gaps between
    Yep it does! But try to do them as in order as you can. I've done all 15 of the RBY ones, and now I've done about half of the GSC ones, but if I wanted to do like the Sapphire Grass and Pearl grass, it would still count for an ultimate. I'll add you to the single list now.

jespoke

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    Ok first short update:

I did the opening stuff, and started grinding a bit. Im in Jubilife.
    Team:

NEW! Mech Pengu (Piplup) lv 10
    Pound
    bubble
    growl

NEW! Barrel (Bidoof) lv 7
    Tackle
    tail whip?

HM slaves:

NEW! Bobba (Bidoof)

NEW! Flypost (Starly)

Baibanira

★ Impromptu Trainer ★
    Years
    I'm going to attempt at a normal type run on Pokemon Platinum, on an Emulator (DeSmuMe). I'm going to start within the day :).

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    After roasting Morty, I went into Burned Tower and caught me a Magmar. :/ Then I realized it'd be a valuable HM slave... So training it takes backseat. Gave the Miltank lots and lots o' berries, and got some milk for it. Trained up the lighthouse, and started across the sea. >.< Cursed Water types! Flareon must have really good Sp. Def, because it repeated survived Surfs I thought it wouldn't. :) Made it to Cianwood, scared off Suicune and battled Eusine. Finally, I attacked Chuck's Gym. The Trainers were a little difficult, but Fighting-types really don't like being burned. :) Challenged Chuck. I took down his Primeape with a lucky critical on Lava Plume. Then came Poliwrath, the part I was dreading. I burned it with Vulpix, who promptly ate a Surf to the face. T.T Then I sent out Cyndaquil, expecting it to die, too.

Except... Poliwrath didn't Surf. It Focus Punched.... TEN TIMES. Every single time it failed. By the time he got around to Surfing, it was far too late. Flareon finished up Poliwrath handily!

Headed back across the sea the long way, since I stupidly didn't catch anyhting capable of Flying. :/ Corrected my error on the other side by catching a Farfetch'd.

Current team:
    Flareon (Izanami) Lv. 29
    Vulpix Lv. 31
    Cyndaquil (Izanagi) Lv. 35 (Two more levels until evolution!)
    Gyarados HM Slave
    Farfetch'd HM Slave
    Magmar Lv. 20 (Currently HM slave, may change to actual team member later.)

Now to broil Jasmine!

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    After roasting Morty, I went into Burned Tower and caught me a Magmar. :/ Then I realized it'd be a valuable HM slave... So training it takes backseat. Gave the Miltank lots and lots o' berries, and got some milk for it. Trained up the lighthouse, and started across the sea. >.< Cursed Water types! Flareon must have really good Sp. Def, because it repeated survived Surfs I thought it wouldn't. :) Made it to Cianwood, scared off Suicune and battled Eusine. Finally, I attacked Chuck's Gym. The Trainers were a little difficult, but Fighting-types really don't like being burned. :) Challenged Chuck. I took down his Primeape with a lucky critical on Lava Plume. Then came Poliwrath, the part I was dreading. I burned it with Vulpix, who promptly ate a Surf to the face. T.T Then I sent out Cyndaquil, expecting it to die, too.

Except... Poliwrath didn't Surf. It Focus Punched.... TEN TIMES. Every single time it failed. By the time he got around to Surfing, it was far too late. Flareon finished up Poliwrath handily!

Headed back across the sea the long way, since I stupidly didn't catch anyhting capable of Flying. :/ Corrected my error on the other side by catching a Farfetch'd.

Current team:
    Flareon (Izanami) Lv. 29
    Vulpix Lv. 31
    Cyndaquil (Izanagi) Lv. 35 (Two more levels until evolution!)
    Gyarados HM Slave
    Farfetch'd HM Slave
    Magmar Lv. 20 (Currently HM slave, may change to actual team member later.)

Now to broil Jasmine!
    Why aren't you evolving Cyndaquil til he learns Flamethrower? Typhlosion learns Flamethrower 5 levels higher than him, but Typhlosion also has way more than 15 more special Attack than Cyndaquil, so Typhlosions Lava Plume will be stronger than Cyndaquil's Flamethrower, as will all his other stats.

Edit: In dark, I'm up to Tate and Liza. Shouldn't be hard at all with two shadow ball sableyes and faint attack.

Last edited:

Rizzy

// Friendship >> Chuck Norris
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2011
    Continuation from...

Spoiler:

- Well now I'm in Lilycove City.
    - I'm seeing a lot of Magma Team members around. These guys just dont get tired of it dont they.
    - I started surfing and these damn Wailmers were in the way.
    - Also I find out the Team Magma's Hideout, these guys are real morons.

- I came back to Lilycove and saw May. This girl keeps following me around.
    - She talks about that she thinks I'm not raising my Pokemon properly. I beat her like 4 times in a row.
    - She said she like to see me angry. Then we battle. I won of course.
    Spoiler:

- Whatever she kept talking about her PokeDex. Obnoxius.
    - I went to route 122. First I went trough route 123 without knowing that that will lead me back to Route 118. Then to Fortree City.
    - I decided to hit the Gym. It was actually pretty easy.
    - The team before face the leader.
    Spoiler:

- Carvanah died with an Aerial Ace.
    Swampert beat Swallow with a couple Take Downs
    Same story for the Gym Leader's Pelipper.
    Skarmory wasn't so affected with Take Down, but he was with Water Gun, altough Swampert won, he just had 4 HP left.
    Altaria used Dragon Breath first and finished Swampert.
    Gyarados won with Twister, then Surf, then Dragon Ragex2
    Spoiler:

- I entered MT. Pyre after flying to Lilycove City.
    I found Team Magma members. The wild pokemon that dont let me escape are more of a challenge than this guys.
    I defeat them and the old lady gave me the Red Orb.
    - I start fighting the other trainers in the graveyard. And Carvanah evolved into Sharpedo.
    Spoiler:

- Now onto Slateport City. Team Magma took the submarine. I wen to Team Magma's base.
    I defeat every of them faggy ass rookies and took all of the items. Then had to defeat the Admin.
    The boss escaped and in the admin I found a Magma member that didnt tell his plans stupidly.
    - The sea was now free to ride trough.
    After defeating the guys in Route 124 (I dont know If everyone, Sharpedo was fainted so I decided go first to the CP).
    Then I arrived to Mossdeep City. Steven gave me Dive. I also obtained a Super Rod.
    - I fish a while and found a Wailmer. Catch him.
    Spoiler:

- Time to face the gym. Apparently those psychic pokemon are weak to Bite.
    Battle agains the leaders Tate and Liza with a Z.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

- One more badge and then we will be ready for the Elite.
    - I taught Wailmer Dive.
    - I just Dive a lil bit and found the Seafloor Cavern where was the Submarine that Team Magma stole.
    - This Magma rookies were a good chance to level Wailmer up.
    - Then Maxie wants to fight me, I of couse end up winning, like always.
    - So Groudon woke up, apparently Maxie didnt think this plan trough. Archie came and we all get the hell out of there.
    I didnt have no sun block on and the sun was hot as hell. I saw Steven he said something about Sotopolis, so I decided to go there.
    - I've not only found a place that reminded me of Greek and Atlantis but also the last gym.
    Spoiler:

- I enter the Cave Of Origin, and no one of my Pokemon knew Flash and couldn't learned it so I walked in the dark.
    - It was OK, except that I may not find some items. Anyway I found the last HM. (I think is the last one)
    - Suddenly that red Groudon wanted to battle me. I have a Master Ball. But he was not only a legendary pokemon but also not water.
    Besides it was better for him to rest in peace. So I beat his ass. He beat my first three pokemon (Wailmer, Pelipper and Sharpedo)
    But Gyarados beat him with Dragon Rage.
    - I saw all kind of pokemon on the bottom of the sea and it was time to think about my sixth pokemon. I didnt have no idea which one I wanted.
    But the I tought that I really like Starmies since the first Pokemon TV Show. So I did research and then fly to Lilycove, fish with my Super Rod.
    And I caught a Staryu. Now I needed a Water Stone.
    Spoiler:

- So I took a look at a tutorial to find a Red Shard and then I traded with Hunter for a Water Stone.
    - Then I used it. Yeah, no patience whatsoever.
    Spoiler:

- I went to the GYM of Sootopolis. He uses water type pokemon.
    Poor guy whom plays this challenge in this game with a fire team.
    - The trainers had high level pokemon, they didnt defeat mine but leave them with red HP.
    They just get to faint my LV28 Starmie.
    It wasnt so easy but I could win the matches.
    - It was hard but I won, not thanks to Starmie, Wailmer or Sharpedo.
    Actually Gyarados practically was the one who take care of anyone, he and some Hyper Potions that I used on him.
    Spoiler:

- Now I think I'm ready for the Pokemon League, The Elite Four, whatever is next.
    Spoiler:

-It took me a lot of surfing to discover how to get to Ever Grande City.
    Note: The only time I play Ruby besides this I never went to Ever Grande. So I'm kinda excited.
    - So far. Victory Road is a b**ch. The first trainer had a LV44 Roselia that beat my weak water pokemon.
    I really have to train a lot in here to get Starmie, Sharpedo and Wailmer to a high LV.
    (Besides I think most of the pkm on Victory Road are rock or sand, that will make it easier)
    So I'm aiming to train in Victory Road until they all get between 45-50 LV.
    - Besides I'm gonna keep on buying Protein and that stuff.

Then I will kick the Elite Four's ass.
    The team by now

Pelipper
    Level: 41

- Fly
    - Watergun
    - Supersonic
    - Wing Attack

Swampert
    Level: 41

- Tackle
    - Take Down
    - Mud-Slap
    - Water Gun

Gyarados
    Level: 42

- Bite
    - Surf
    - Hydro Pump
    - Dragon Rage

Sharpedo
    Level: 36

- Surf
    - Bite
    - Crunch
    - Slash

Wailmer
    Level: 37

- Whirlpool
    - Dive
    - Water Pulse
    - Mist

Starmie
    Level: 29

- Recover
    - Waterfall
    - Swift
    - Bubblebeam

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    Why aren't you evolving Cyndaquil til he learns Flamethrower? Typhlosion learns Flamethrower 5 levels higher than him, but Typhlosion also has way more than 15 more special Attack than Cyndaquil, so Typhlosions Lava Plume will be stronger than Cyndaquil's Flamethrower, as will all his other stats.
    Because I like Cyndaquil. :P

(Also, I flew to the Pokeathlon and just got me a second Fire Stone for Vulpix. NOW, I'm off to broil Jasmine.)

hazard master

Self Proclaimed Genius
    Years
    Okay so in crystal:
    got Slav the chikorita
    totally wrecked Silver
    Caught Rocky, the geodude
    Wrecked the violet gym leader (fergot his name)
    Got through union cave
    saved the slowpokes
    beat Bugsy
    Got to goldenrod.
    Waiting till tommorrow to get a Nidoran

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    UMC Poison Update 1: Yellow

-Named Myself Koga
    -Got Pikachu
    -Owned pkmntrnr with it.
    -Delivered Oak's Parcel
    -Got a Pokedex
    -Caught Royalpain the Male Nidoran and Royalbrat the Femal Nidoran.
    -Trained them
    -Defeated PKMNtrnr.
    -Got through Viridian Forest
    -Defeated Brock, thanks to double kick.

Team
    Royalpain the Nidoran male

Tackle
    Growl
    Horn Attack
    Double Kick

Royalbrat the Nidoran female

Tackle
    Growl
    Scratch
    Double Kick

Remnants

Bringer of Hope
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    So, I beat the Kanto leg of my Fighting UMC (which was surprisingly quick). I will begin my Johto leg now, which I know will be the longest since it will take me a while to make my way all the way up to Red, and then beat him. I'll try to be more descriptive and have more updates of my battles in the upcoming games, since I didn't know this one would pass by so quickly. Anywho, here's my entire journey in Kanto, without making it too long though:

Spoiler:

And that's my Kanto leg of the journey! Onto Johto, hooray! Also, here's some pics I took during the game (I'll edit more in later, having technical difficulties right now).

Spoiler:

Last edited:

jespoke

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    Ok, my first proper update now:

Platinum Water update:

- Named myself Water 4 (Manga reference)
    - Got Piplup and called it Mech Pengu
    - Beat rival (We did 1 damage pr. attack after 2 growl's from me and a lot of Withdraws from him)
    - Caught Barrel, an Bidoof (I just wanted to juse it because it looks funny)
    - Grinded
    - Beat rival again
    - Got to Oreburg?
    - Grinded
    - Beat Roark
    - Barrel evolved to Bibarrel
    - Beat team galactic in Vally Vindworks

Team

Mech Pengu lv 19

NEW! Metal Claw
    Bubble
    Pound
    NEW! Peck

Barrel lv 17

NEW! Return
    NEW! Water Gun
    NEW! Rollout
    Defense Curl

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    Update for Ultimate Monotype Challenge (Fighting).

Update #2 on Sapphire.

Nothing too exciting happened from Mauville/Fallarbor to Mossdeep City, where I am now. I did add a Heracross to the team from the Safari Zone when I arrived in Lilycove City. Pyre also evolved into Blaziken on the way to Fortree City as well.

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Next up is Seafloor Cavern and Sootopolis City.

Team Norris:

Harriet the Sassy Heracross, ♀ - L40 @ Amulet Coin
    Ability: Guts
    Moves: Horn Attack, Take Down, Brick Break, Bulk Up

Ares the Hardy Breloom, ♂ - L43
    Ability: Effect Spore
    Moves: Mach Punch, Headbutt, Mega Drain, Sky Uppercut

Makit the Hardy Hariyama, ♂ - L43
    Abililty: Guts
    Moves: Facade, Rock Tomb, Vital Throw, Belly Drum

Pyre the Jolly Blaziken, ♂ - L44
    Ability: Blaze
    Moves: Return, Double Kick, Blaze Kick, Aerial Ace

HM Slaves:

Tentcool - L8 (Surf, Dive)

Tropius - L25 (Fly, Flash, Strength, Rock Smash)

Zigzagoon - L4 (Pickup, Cut, Rock Smash, Surf, Dig) [boxed]

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Poison Update:

Golbat evolved! Tentacool Evolved!
    Beat Winona quite easily with Shock Wave + Ice Beam on Swalot.
    I don't remember doing anything else, so I probably saved there and quit. I definitely didn't get to Mt. Pyre.

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
    Years
    I have decided to start up this challenge on Pokemon Heartgold with the type Rock.

Needing something to challenge myself until black/white comes out. :D

Just start up the game, Caught myself a geodude right off the bat and training him up now.

jespoke

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    Ok, i'll continue my ultimate bug challenge now
    (I needed A game where i don't need a DS, as i share it with my brother Danie. I would start a Steel or continue my bug)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back